Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Serious_Much
Bioraptor
Shakie666
Kaminari
Majikero07
JoeBroski09
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Demon Slayer
Opedak
Noob-of-Artorias
xenosphere
15 posters

a newb has entered the forums

Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

a newb has entered the forums - Page 6 Empty Re: a newb has entered the forums

Post by Majikero07 Thu May 24, 2012 9:42 pm

A wild newb appears! Welcome to Dark Souls, there's an empty grave here with your name on it. I hope you have a pleasant death, again and again and again.
    munc

Post by munc Thu May 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Haaa, I've been filling that grave time & again for the last week or so since I picked this game up!

Matter of fact, just hit the Catacombs tonight & ended up filling that grave again after going Human & Kindling a/the first (??) bonfire down there & got invaded...then quickly back stabbed to death...without so much as a pre or post fight bow, which I have become accustomed to... ;-) haaa

What is the etiquette for invasions, not that I'm ready to invade, just wondering from an occasionally invaded players POV? I've sort of become accustomed to getting a bow before & after the fight...
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Thu May 24, 2012 10:14 pm

Corrupted save file...a fate worse than (multiple) deaths. Would be nice if we could back up our saves to USB...sounds like a great hidden use for that pendant! a newb has entered the forums - Page 6 3358384175
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Thu May 24, 2012 10:40 pm

munc wrote:Hey hey everybody, another noob here. Just quick wanted to hop on in, give a yell & whatnot.

Good hunting...
    Hi munc, and welcome to the oasis of help and pvp.

Dont worry, in the millions of deaths there is always victory, trust me a newb has entered the forums - Page 6 3207319737.
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 pm

munc wrote:Haaa, I've been filling that grave time & again for the last week or so since I picked this game up!

Matter of fact, just hit the Catacombs tonight & ended up filling that grave again after going Human & Kindling a/the first (??) bonfire down there & got invaded...then quickly back stabbed to death...without so much as a pre or post fight bow, which I have become accustomed to... ;-) haaa

What is the etiquette for invasions, not that I'm ready to invade, just wondering from an occasionally invaded players POV? I've sort of become accustomed to getting a bow before & after the fight...
    I think its bow first, no healing, dont lead host to mobs, dont get **** when you win(well what is it gesture) and have fun.

EDIT: Here is the etiquette http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Online go to the bottom.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri May 25, 2012 2:01 am

Gah! Currupted save file. Get a Back Up Power Strip. It's like a 1 foot long, 6 inch wide, 5 inch tall power strip that has like 10 plug-ins and has backup power for like an hour. I have that, and I haven't even had the power go out or anything happen that would have even corrupted my save file in the first place, but my mom used to work at home. Gottah make sure you don't lose your work files. She kept it after she retired from HP. You know. The Computer company. For 31 years. XD anyway... that's my advice.
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sat May 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Was fighting quelaag and mid fight I grew eggs in my head, WTF :shock:.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat May 26, 2012 7:53 pm

You idiot! You attacked the infected before the boss figbt, didnt you?! Oh well. Go to the chaos servant covenant and grab an egg vermifuge. silly
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:You attacked the infected before the boss figbt, didnt you?! Oh well. Go to the chaos servant covenant and grab an egg vermifuge. silly
    should i try to join the dragon cov now?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat May 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Are you cured? If so, go ahead. Once you get to ash lake and the stone dragon, you can grab the tail easy and fast. Though, since you have a new character, you can grab the demon's greataxe from shiva.
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sat May 26, 2012 8:16 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:Are you cured? If so, go ahead. Once you get to ash lake and the stone dragon, you can grab the tail easy and fast. Though, since you have a new character, you can grab the demon's greataxe from shiva.
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3306364276423782
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat May 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Ahhhh. New build. You gonna be a dragon, then? You can still grab the sword and be in the covenant. Theres no way to betray the covenant. What weapon do you want to use right now?
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sat May 26, 2012 11:07 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:Ahhhh. New build. You gonna be a dragon, then? You can still grab the sword and be in the covenant. Theres no way to betray the covenant. What weapon do you want to use right now?
    I am using the dragon bone fist, forgot about the egg head, it has matured :oops:.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat May 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Gottah go below the second bell and hit the illisory wall to find the chaos servent. Talking to the infected guy will get you a vermifuge.
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sun May 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Holy cow!!!!!!! was invading in forest at lvl 44, killed a dude and got 115k souls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T_8xBUDHXs .
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sun May 27, 2012 11:48 pm

I am at painted world of ariamis i hope I pass, lvl 55
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Pfffft. Youll be fine. Its a bit of a maze. If you dont want to figure it out, i know of a not so well known glitch that makes getting to priscy a bit faster. Idt its looked down upon
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 28, 2012 2:19 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:Pfffft. Youll be fine. Its a bit of a maze. If you dont want to figure it out, i know of a not so well known glitch that makes getting to priscy a bit faster. Idt its looked down upon

You mean the SECRET of going through the undead dragon legs? It's not a glitch, its a trick or secret, and a great way to get in and out for those of us who regularly return to worship Priscilla.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon May 28, 2012 2:25 am

Federally wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:Pfffft. Youll be fine. Its a bit of a maze. If you dont want to figure it out, i know of a not so well known glitch that makes getting to priscy a bit faster. Idt its looked down upon

You mean the SECRET of going through the undead dragon legs? It's not a glitch, its a trick or secret, and a great way to get in and out for those of us who regularly return to worship Priscilla.
    Lifehunter member, eh? I didnt know it was well known. No one talks about it. *shrug* and its a glitch. You fall down onto an invisible platform...
    at least, its more of a glitch than a certain easy technique to kill ceaseless discharge.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 28, 2012 2:32 am

Lol no I'm a Gravesworn who just has an unhealthy affection for Priscilla.

Invisible platform? You sure we are talking about the same shortcut? I'm talking about after you kill the undead dragon doing the jump attack at his collapsed legs causing them to stand. Then you can pass below them and jump down to the bridge that leads to Priscilla. I know of no invisible platform and the trick is in the Wiki walk through for PW so I doubt its looked down upon here.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon May 28, 2012 2:34 am

If you try to fall down onto the broken pillar so you dont get fall damage, you actually fall onto an invisible platform
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 28, 2012 2:36 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:If you try to fall down onto the broken pillar so you dont get fall damage, you actually fall onto an invisible platform

Oh! Well I just do a leap of faith, doesn't hurt that bad!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 pm