Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Federally
User
mugenis4real
Dubscythe
8 posters

What are the best locations to Gravelord?

Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What are the best locations to Gravelord? Empty What are the best locations to Gravelord?

Post by Dubscythe Fri May 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Pretty much the title, I plan on Gravelording with my PvP character and would like to know the best areas so that way I know not to kill the bosses there.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What are the best locations to Gravelord? Empty Re: What are the best locations to Gravelord?

Post by mugenis4real Sat May 19, 2012 1:46 am

The forest and the burg are both great places to gravelord, I know this because those are the only spots I ever successfully invaded gravelords, tons of fun the whole entire gravelord business btw winking
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What are the best locations to Gravelord? Empty Re: What are the best locations to Gravelord?

Post by Dubscythe Sat May 19, 2012 1:58 am

mugenis4real wrote:The forest and the burg are both great places to gravelord, I know this because those are the only spots I ever successfully invaded gravelords, tons of fun the whole entire gravelord business btw winking

Well it's a bit late for Burg because I already killed the Taurus Demon.

I was planning on mainly Gravelording in Anor Londo, it's gonna be annoying because I'll have to walk everywhere, but I figured it'd be the place besides the forest to get the best bites.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat May 19, 2012 2:00 am

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3514-gravelord-black-phantom-catalog-aka-cursebook

For killing VIA Black Phantoms

As for PvP, the best place will probably be Forest, although the Blues will be forest hunters, and probably not spirits of vengeance.

The best place to PvP, is areas where your soul level is mostly seen at in different locations. For example, the Depths would usually have SL 25 - 40. Sens would usually have 45 - 60. Anor Londo, 50 - 80. Etc.

Depends on the Location. If you want a good PvP area for your character, getting the most popular for your Soul Level is the best option. Otherwise, Darkwraiths will be your only invaders most of the time.

(Ugh... this time it is right).
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat May 19, 2012 2:17 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3514-gravelord-black-phantom-catalog-aka-cursebook

For killing VIA Black Phantoms

As for PvP, the best place will probably be Forest, although the Blues will be forest hunters, and probably not spirits of vengeance.

The best place to PvP, is areas where your soul level is mostly seen at in different locations. For example, the Depths would usually have SL 25 - 40. Sens would usually have 45 - 60. Anor Londo, 50 - 80. Etc.

Depends on the Location. If you want a good PvP area for your character, getting the most popular for your Soul Level is the best option. Otherwise, Darkwraiths will be your only invaders most of the time.

(Ugh... this time it is right).

I wanted a bit of both, at my SL I'll probably end up affecting the worlds of NG+ players.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat May 19, 2012 2:19 am

What is your SL? I can tell you the appropriate place to go to if be.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat May 19, 2012 2:21 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:What is your SL? I can tell you the appropriate place to go to if be.

As of right now it's 100, it's gonna be 120 eventually because it's also my PvP character.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat May 19, 2012 2:26 am

Well, as you are going to 120, you should note that the most popular 120 areas are the Archives, Anor Londo, and Kiln of the First Flame. However, since SL 120 is the standard for many to stop at (who knows why!), you will probably find them easier.

Also, depending on the Days, Sens, New Londo, and Undead Burg are popular with SL 120s. The rest is more so rare. Have Fun!
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat May 19, 2012 2:28 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:Well, as you are going to 120, you should note that the most popular 120 areas are the Archives, Anor Londo, and Kiln of the First Flame. However, since SL 120 is the standard for many to stop at (who knows why!), you will probably find them easier.

Also, depending on the Days, Sens, New Londo, and Undead Burg are popular with SL 120s. The rest is more so rare. Have Fun!

And correct me if I'm mistaken, but you can only infect those that are either on level or higher than you, correct?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat May 19, 2012 2:29 am

No. That's Darkwraiths.

Think of infecting as a Gravelord similar to White Summon Signs. People of and around your level.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat May 19, 2012 2:30 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:No. That's Darkwraiths.

Think of infecting as a Gravelord similar to White Summon Signs. People of and around your level.

Ah, alrighty, thanks for the info.

EDIT: Kiln and Anor Londo huh? Guess I have a choice to make..
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat May 19, 2012 2:33 am

Their are plenty others, but yes, they are the best.

Remember one thing; The Gravelord Eye, when used, also acts as a dried finger. If it does not infect someone already, it searches for them. A maximum of three can be infected, however it is said that others can also see your sign.

Since it also acts as a dried finger, Darkwraiths will be more... common. Be warned.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat May 19, 2012 2:37 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:Their are plenty others, but yes, they are the best.

Remember one thing; The Gravelord Eye, when used, also acts as a dried finger. If it does not infect someone already, it searches for them. A maximum of three can be infected, however it is said that others can also see your sign.

Since it also acts as a dried finger, Darkwraiths will be more... common. Be warned.

No worries, this is my PvP character, so I relish for an opportunity to fight more people!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat May 19, 2012 2:40 am

Then, comrade, I bid you good luck.

Bring as much suffering as you can!

By the way... i will tell ya a treat you may or may not know. When you infect someone, you can put your white sign down as well. If one of the three infectees summons you, they stay permanently gravelorded for a good amount of duration... and you get to see them in his or her world yourself.

Just in case you get bored, and want to try something new. Have fun!
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat May 19, 2012 2:52 am

I'm gravelording in Anor Londo and I already had one person invade but they left immediately afterwards.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat May 19, 2012 2:54 am

Patience is key for the covenant.

Again, good luck.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat May 19, 2012 2:59 am

Got my first successful invasion! The man I dueled with put up a good fight, but made the fatal mistake of not hitting his BKGA lunging swing.

I like where this is going so far.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat May 19, 2012 7:52 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:Their are plenty others, but yes, they are the best.

I've confirmed myself everyone in the 'cluster' (or whatever you call the players youre grouped with) can see your sign. Several times I've invaded other gravelords in the Burg through their sigb without having BPs in my world.

@DubScythe in my experience medium traffic areas tend to be best for Gravelording. The high traffic areas like NG+ Burg is so packed with DarkWraiths you never get any SoVs which results in you not getting more eyes. So don't be bummed you killed Taurus!
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Sat May 19, 2012 9:32 am

I think Sen's has the best black phantoms. Painted World has black phantom bonewheels, though, so that's also fun. The best tip is to drop your eye in an area where you see summon signs. Summon signs = gravelord victims. happy

I just made a baby gravelord. She's cute! Only sl 6 now. I'm deciding how to level her a bit before she's ready to gl The Depths.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat May 19, 2012 9:39 am

Gravelording has been very enjoyable so far. I've been doing it on the bridge with the first Gargoyle in Anor Londo. Though the Darkwraith/Gravelord victim ratio has been about %60/%40.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat May 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Yeah Anor Londo is a great place to spread misery , the black phantoms there are just brutal but the problem is that it's mostly just Darkwraiths invading in Anor., from my experience.

I've had of lot of succes with Spirits of vengeance at the Forest Bonfire (if you activate an eye there you'll infect alvina's forest simultaniously ,so u dont need to go through the door) , The Depths ,The Catacombs , Tomb of Giants , New Londo Ruins and the Demon Ruins were filled with SoV's for me.. haven't reached the Kiln with my servants yet.

Im making multiple gravelords to be able to spread misery at all the SL ranges in all areas of Lordran. Im on XBOX only by the way, have fun
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat May 19, 2012 1:25 pm

fearandwhiskey wrote:I think Sen's has the best black phantoms. Painted World has black phantom bonewheels, though, so that's also fun. The best tip is to drop your eye in an area where you see summon signs. Summon signs = gravelord victims. happy

I just made a baby gravelord. She's cute! Only sl 6 now. I'm deciding how to level her a bit before she's ready to gl The Depths.

I concur. Sens does have the best... hardest Black phantom points and areas of all of the areas. Tomb of Giants has vamped Skeletal Dogs, but those of their heightened strength and HP is not as see able as that of the Man-Serpents. The Placement of them is WORSE than any in game, as they are made to make your life as miserable as possible if you do not know how to handle it. In Sens, out of all of them, it requires you to know what you ARE going to do the most. Otherwise, you die very, very easily. Tomb of Giants? Easy.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat May 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Man I'd love to have those BPs in my Sen's Fortress one day , or longer :-)
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat May 19, 2012 1:52 pm

I had them infected by my comrade, whiskey. Sen's is hard on NG+. do yourself a favour: DO NOT BLOCK. Anything less than greatshield is dangerous.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat May 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Im hoping to get cursed myself in one of the upcoming gatherings with my fellow GraveSworn on XBL., havent seen any BPs in like 600 hours of playtime. (300 prepatch 1.05)

Soo you mean there is added bleeding effect to the BP mages flamberges ?

well luckily none of my current builds make use of shields , so im used to dodging and evading. In PVE i only use a shield for the fight with Gwyn , and Sif if im alone... my main gravelord has a lifehunt scythe left and gravelord sword right, i dualhand it a lot offcourse though.

Last edited by ZikoLogiKa NL on Sun May 20, 2012 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am