Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
Delvanoc
Federally
SunlightCrusader
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
FinPeku
BLA1NE
LordRevan
meridam99
dancash1808
Imarreteet23
GkMrBane
JoeBroski09
reim0027
Maneater_Mildred
Yarxov
sinisterapathy
EmoElmos
fearandwhiskey
Kaminari
Dr. Demento
SlakeMoth
Extertionist
mugenis4real
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Quarik
Wade_Wilson
Carphil
Serious_Much
Emergence
PlasticandRage
User
Reaperfan
Spurgun
Tolvo
skarekrow13
TehInfamousAmos
41 posters

Pictures of Forum members currently or when they were younger.

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Pictures of Forum members currently or when they were younger. - Page 23 Empty Re: Pictures of Forum members currently or when they were younger.

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 9:51 pm

I never learn math. I understand it slowly. All math is the same, really. Just different applications to the same basic rules.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Pictures of Forum members currently or when they were younger. - Page 23 Empty Re: Pictures of Forum members currently or when they were younger.

Post by dancash1808 Wed May 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Really? I thought it got pretty wacky around imaginary numbers and such but maybe thats just me silly
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 10:17 pm

x^2+5x+6 is all about division, multiplication, and simple algebra. A complicated math problem is really a bunch of simple ones haha!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 10:26 pm

^Wait till you get to uni level maths, not so simple.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Uni? Like, Calculus? I skipped College Algebra and Trig and still got a B-. Oh, and I broke my ankle halfway through the quarter. STILL GOT A B-! I would have gotten an A.

And yes, I do know derivatives, limits, and other things of that nature. I'm going to go into Calculus II next year. Double functions! Yay!

Oh, and I'm a Highschool student going to college. BEAT THAT, TOLVO!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 30, 2012 11:13 pm

I finished close to a year of college in high school. Wait, I'm not Tolvo. Used to be a mathlete too. Although it wasn't as fun as many other things.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 11:27 pm

I'm not THAT into math, but ya. I enjoy a good math problem.
    I'll have over a year of college done by the end of high school. Did you actually do college or did you do AP classes?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed May 30, 2012 11:50 pm

^I'll have my associates by the end of high school big grin
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 30, 2012 11:54 pm

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU I would have had that if I had gotten my freaking driver's license sooner!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 31, 2012 12:04 am

You americans are weird doing college during high school.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 31, 2012 12:05 am

It's a new thing. It's called Running Start. makes it easier for smart people who can't afford college to get a 2 year degree at least.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu May 31, 2012 12:13 am

My entire school does it, instead of having sports and bands it lets you take college classes that count for both Highschool and College.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 31, 2012 12:14 am

In Aus we have government suppport which basically pays our fees until we have a high enough paying job to pay them back.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 31, 2012 12:17 am

That's called Financial Aid, and our government sucks at looking at income and saying that someone can or can't afford college. So, it's hard to go purely off of financial aid.

And Yarxov. That's called AP classes. I'm going to a college campus and everything.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu May 31, 2012 12:48 am

So am I silly
    My school is tied to the college so I walk over to the college every day I have class and mix in with the other college students. I have a College ID and everything.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 31, 2012 12:55 am

Oh. Welllllll, what I do is apart of my Washington State. You just go to your County's community college. And then those classes count for both Highschool and college. Preeetty awesome, but it's 35 minutes from home, so I HAD to have my license.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu May 31, 2012 12:56 am

^Pretty much the same deal, except I live 5 minutes from the school and the college is 1/3 a mile away.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 31, 2012 12:57 am

Yep... I live out in the country, so even my highschool is 7 miles away...
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu May 31, 2012 1:05 am

If I hadnt moved to another state mine would be in a different town (The HS there covers 4 towns lol)
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 31, 2012 1:06 am

Yeeeeaaahhh. Same with our HS.... Hahah!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu May 31, 2012 1:52 am

Four Towns? You must be city boys. My school pulled kids from close to a dozen and still didn't have 100 kids per class. We waked uphill in the snow to get there too cornsarnit.

Some area schools did AP courses but ours had an agreement with a community college so it was technically college although it was taught by teachers who were qualified to be professors but were high school teachers. The focus was in prerequisite courses so you could spend more time in your major. I had 24 credits that way and was considered a transfer student which worked well. I feel bad for you young uns regarding money. Back around the turn of the millennium they had a lot of money to give out. I was third in my class and from a low income family so I ended up with free college. In NY our state system runs the full range of awful to awesome and luckily my two areas of interest had a top rated program at a state school. A lot of cash has dried up sadly and its hard to get that kinda lick these days.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 31, 2012 1:54 am

City?! I live around a bunch of teeny tiny towns! Don't believe me? Look up Amboy and Yacolt, WA. Battle Ground, the closest town I'm near, has doubled in the past few years, though. I remember when it was so much smaller. Now we have two bed mattress stores, and a hotel. What the heeeeck?

I have to drive WAY into town to go to college, though. =/ Vancouver is so faaaar.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu May 31, 2012 1:59 am

Just messing with ya. I know the level of rural needed to have a school where kids get shipped from multiple Towns.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 31, 2012 2:06 am

I seem to be missing the "messing with ya" part of posts lately. Idk. Shrug
    It's only been today.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu May 31, 2012 2:13 am

@joe Broski, 1500 people, but a pop density of 2K? wth lol
    I'm from Oglesby, 3700 people, 911 pop density. Next door is a place called Utica that has less than 1K lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm