No... It can't be...

Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

No... It can't be...

Post by Imarreteet23 on Fri May 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Okay guys, I want you all to sit down, take a deep breath, and brace yourself.

Ready?

I just met three consecutive groups of ganking teams. In the Burg.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    sad sad sad 😢 😢 :x

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

Stay nerdy, my friends.

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: No... It can't be...

Post by Spurgun on Fri May 18, 2012 1:42 pm

was it the same group or different? at least the burg has some good anti ganking spots
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 on Fri May 18, 2012 1:44 pm

Different every time.
    😢

Stay nerdy, my friends.

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Fri May 18, 2012 1:45 pm

sad it was good while it lasted.

quick everyone! purge the burg before it becomes infected to the bone!
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK on Fri May 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Happened to me too a couple days ago. And this other guy with The Joker's face was sitting at the spawn and casting TWoP so he could wrath me to death.

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Fri May 18, 2012 2:52 pm

Imarreteet23 wrote:Okay guys, I want you all to sit down, take a deep breath, and brace yourself.

Ready?

I just met three consecutive groups of ganking teams. In the Burg. /.
    What sl are you invading at in the Burg, op?

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 on Fri May 18, 2012 2:53 pm

120. Oh yeah, and to make it worse, I'm using an RSS. Sigh.

Stay nerdy, my friends.

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Fri May 18, 2012 3:03 pm

I have sympathy for RSS users who get ganked, but I enjoy the grief and tears of invaders who are invading pve players. God knows this forum has a neverending supply of invaders' tears. Invaders are WORSE than gankers as far as I'm concerned because they're the aggressor.

I was summoned by a guy while I was doing sl 6 co-op in the Burg, he was an obvious glitcher and he was trying to recruit others to help him crush the glitch invaders. I crystaled out but messaged him my support.

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK on Fri May 18, 2012 3:07 pm

I really doubt the people in this forum do **** like that. And if you invade in a common PvP area where the host is clearly waiting for an opponent to invade, how is that worse than ganking?

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Fri May 18, 2012 3:18 pm

You doubt the people of this forum do what, exactly? Invade PVEers, or were you referring to something else?

If you invade anywhere the host is waiting to be invaded it isn't worse. If you invade people playing Dark Souls who don't want to be invaded then you're the ones I hate. (Anyone gonna come in with "Well then you shouldn't be human!" now?)

And invading is part of the game. From intended it as obviously as they intended ganking to be part of the game. I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out two things: 1) I hate invaders; 2) The neverending stream of invaders' tears on this forum is probably a great reward for the gankers.

DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK on Fri May 18, 2012 3:20 pm

I misread the end of your previous comment on glitching/griefing. My bad.

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Fri May 18, 2012 3:27 pm

I should mention that there are a few guys on this forum who, if what they say is true, actually manage to invade in a way that probably doesn't ruin the game for too many players. Hats off to you few. ...To you TOO few.

Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari on Fri May 18, 2012 3:32 pm

well, I do invade, but if the host use Pray or the "spare my life gesture" from Patches, I'll bb out...also if the host is just running, I'll BB out,

I have also seen some nice invaders where I just took all EQ off, and turned my back to them, and some of them, acctually bb out when they realised I did not want to fight back happy

On topic, I HATE gankers that stands on the spawn spot...
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK on Fri May 18, 2012 3:33 pm

I figured most of the regulars here invade in the Kiln, Burg, and Forest. PvPing against people who don't want to is pretty boring, and from other posts, I gather it's boring for a lot of the rest of us.

Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri May 18, 2012 3:45 pm

callipygias wrote:I should mention that there are a few guys on this forum who, if what they say is true, actually manage to invade in a way that probably doesn't ruin the game for too many players. Hats off to you few. ...To you TOO few.

I use my Red Eye Orb to invade in the Burg, but I only do so because I feel like it is the fastest way for me to get PvP action. However, I always bow first and look to make sure that the guy is interested in a duel, 95% of the time they are. In the event they aren't, I crystal out of their world.

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Fri May 18, 2012 3:46 pm

DamageCK wrote:I figured most of the regulars here invade in the Kiln, Burg, and Forest. PvPing against people who don't want to is pretty boring, and from other posts, I gather it's boring for a lot of the rest of us.

Maybe so. I hope so. There's one multi-thousand-post regular here who told about how much fun he has invading new players in Sen's. Hopefully he's the minority.

This Fight Club thing people are doing seems to be the perfect solution for everyone EXCEPT the gankers. Keep on with the FC, and picture the gankers sitting around making, "Well, what is it?" gestures to each other over and over while they wait, then eventually give up and go pick on their little brother.

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Fri May 18, 2012 5:57 pm

meh im just going to lvl up a lot on my two current toons, screw lvl 120 i'll head to 225 and then run around and see if i can still participate in user cov events (got a gravesworn and a noble knight in the works) at lvl 225 i doubt thery'll be as many gankers and the invaders at that level are probably either good a pvp or dedicated to playing the game to ng+7 or something, the second of which i'll just have a naked fist fight with.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Fri May 18, 2012 6:33 pm

I use the blue eye orb -everywhere-, and I use the red eye orb everywhere as well....
    Want my opinion on invading PvE players?
    Unlike ganking, when I invade you and kill you, despite you not wanting PvP, the games features are working exactly as intended. The lore of a darkwraith and darkmoon both claim we search for people to kill, and we shouldn't care what the hell they are doing. Getting more mad at invaders then gankers is just silly.

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Fri May 18, 2012 7:00 pm

True that when you invade me and you die the game is working as intended, Rynn. Just as true that when you invade three gankers and you die the game is working just as intended. Maybe you don't do much PVE, but take it up again. Offline makes it easy to understand From's intent. You get invaded, and you invade. The one time you invade what happens, Rynn?

What makes invaders worse is simple: they are the aggressor. Doesn't make them more pathetic, but putting it in more childish terms might help, "They started it!"

Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Fri May 18, 2012 7:27 pm

callipygias wrote:True that when you invade me and you die the game is working as intended, Rynn. Just as true that when you invade three gankers and you die the game is working just as intended. Maybe you don't do much PVE, but take it up again. Offline makes it easy to understand From's intent. You get invaded, and you invade. The one time you invade what happens, Rynn?

What makes invaders worse is simple: they are the aggressor. Doesn't make them more pathetic, but putting it in more childish terms might help, "They started it!"
    When I invade someone, and 3 people are standing there, I'm not too worried, it happens. When I invade 3 people that were blatantly waiting for PvP however, it is not the game "working as intended", as phantoms were designed with the intent of fighting the world boss, not for the intent of forcing people into a 3 vs 1 PvP situation. The difference inbetween ganking and invading is simplistic when placed in such a manner. I hold nothing against an invader, just as I hold nothing against a person that just happened to have 2 phantoms with them. I -will- hold something against a person using phantoms in the forest and kiln though, unless they are making steady progress towards the boss.
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK on Fri May 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Agreed.

Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri May 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Rynn wrote:
    callipygias wrote:True that when you invade me and you die the game is working as intended, Rynn. Just as true that when you invade three gankers and you die the game is working just as intended. Maybe you don't do much PVE, but take it up again. Offline makes it easy to understand From's intent. You get invaded, and you invade. The one time you invade what happens, Rynn?

When I invade someone, and 3 people are standing there, I'm not too worried, it happens. When I invade 3 people that were blatantly waiting for PvP however, it is not the game "working as intended", as phantoms were designed with the intent of fighting the world boss, not for the intent of forcing people into a 3 vs 1 PvP situation. The difference inbetween ganking and invading is simplistic when placed in such a manner. I hold nothing against an invader, just as I hold nothing against a person that just happened to have 2 phantoms with them. I -will- hold something against a person using phantoms in the forest and kiln though, unless they are making steady progress towards the boss.

Not to take a side on this debate, but I've, personally, had more issue with gankers than with invaders. :|

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Fri May 18, 2012 7:37 pm

To me, while yeah it's annoying to have invaders in your world, in the same way it's an enjoyable experience. Being spawn point ganked definitely is not however.

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Fri May 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Rynn wrote:

So you think Lautrec and his buds are on a boss run then?

Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Fri May 18, 2012 7:54 pm

callipygias wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

So you think Lautrec and his buds are on a boss run then?
    I think that's constituted under the term "ganking", and just like my examples of the forest and the kiln, is not excused, nor "proper" etiquette for PvP.

I did however fight a set of gankers dressed as that pair, and i found it quite hilarious. They even stood there until I got close.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:56 pm