Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
DoughGuy
ErrJon6661
6 posters

Regarding the Assassins of Vinhiem. For Both Members and Non-Members.

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Regarding the Assassins of Vinhiem. For Both Members and Non-Members.  Empty Regarding the Assassins of Vinhiem. For Both Members and Non-Members.

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri May 18, 2012 2:43 am

So if you have been following my covenant for the past few weeks then you know I have been MIA. As I posted a few days ago upon my return there will be changes made within the covenant. Well, I have returned and many of the changes are listed here.

FIRST AND FOREMOST REGARDING OTHER COVENANTS AND NON MEMBERS:
    The assassins will no longer hold alliance with other covenants, nor will we go to war with other covenants. However we are a device to be used for war as stated on our page. The assassins may not be hired to assassinate members of our own covenant either.

REGARDING MEMBERS:

The changes I am listing here have been made after a lot of thought and consideration. I know that not everyone will be happy with these and I apologize for that, but this is what is needed for the assassins to thrive as a covenant in the way I would like us to. The wiki will be revised within the next day or so.

First, you may not be in other user made covenants as an assassin. Members not willing to be completely dedicated must resign.

Second, as an assassin you may not hire an assassin.

On top of these, new rules regarding membership and joining will be released when they are finished.

Now, I would like every current member to either in this thread, or through pm if you prefer to either tell me that you are staying with the covenant, or resigning. There are no hard feelings either way. If I do not hear from you I will assume that you are either inactive or resigning and will remove you from the page.

To members looking to join, you will be able to soon. A few things need to be figured out.

I hope this is all taken in the best way possible.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Regarding the Assassins of Vinhiem. For Both Members and Non-Members.  Empty Re: Regarding the Assassins of Vinhiem. For Both Members and Non-Members.

Post by DoughGuy Fri May 18, 2012 5:22 am

Just a clarification, by not be in another cov do you mean that toon specifically? Or that person may not be in another cov? If its the latter I'm sorry but cov leader takes preference, so you'll lose me. I cant speak for him but you'll probably lose Viral too.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Regarding the Assassins of Vinhiem. For Both Members and Non-Members.  Empty Re: Regarding the Assassins of Vinhiem. For Both Members and Non-Members.

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri May 18, 2012 3:15 pm

I mean that person. I understand I will probably lose members but I feel it is better for the covenant.

I understand and like I said, there are no hard feelings on my end as this is mainly for fun.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri May 18, 2012 4:41 pm

clarification - I am still using my SL15 assassin just not as much atm due to playing D3
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri May 18, 2012 6:56 pm

@Amos Doesn't matter if you're playing another game haha. If you are a part of any other user covenant you may not participate in this one anymore unless you are willing to resign from the others.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri May 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Hmm I do understand your logic. An assassin is a weapon and a weapon cannot have any allegiance accept to those who wield it. It may reduce your numbers but those left will be dedicated and probably good at what they do.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri May 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Its fine Err, fun while it lasted. Also since I still like that toon this opens up some lovely character lore opportunities. happy
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat May 19, 2012 7:32 am

Meh - sorry Jon, I will have to leave the covenant - at least I still have my assassin, I will still assassinate people - or play that style, however I plan on making a new assassin anyway - RoF, Hush, HR, Ench Rapier +5 and Ench Shotel +5 xD
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun May 20, 2012 8:28 am

As does mine and I enjoy being both evil doer on the Gravesworn side and good guy as a noble knight (this I will soon become very dedicated to if my build works out the way I want it to).

Sorry man I like being an assassin too.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon May 21, 2012 11:08 pm

As the assassins stand now we have 3 members. If no one else speaks up that is how it will remain.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 22, 2012 2:07 am

Uh I just ended up creating a Dragon Age Templar build.... which means its my solemn duty to hunt down you renegade mages and bring you to the Maker's Justice!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 22, 2012 2:10 am

Crap. Viral dont make me go to war with these guys please.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 22, 2012 2:24 am

They won't they are a shadowy band of assassins who served the highest bidder.

No matter how big the Knights get war is impossible against such a small and elite group that would strike from the shadows. Plus I assume its not good to piss them off. Lore wise Vinhiem Agents are the best there are.

I consider it more of a personal vendetta against all magic users! As a Templar (or a KNight who just hates Magic) I feel obliged to take down all those who would dabble in the forbidden soul arts.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat May 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Monday night I'll be doing a final roll call. As we stand the remaining members are FinPeku, Imarreteet23 and myself. If you do not contact me saying that you are staying with the covenant and will cut all ties with others than your silence will be seen as a resignation.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 27, 2012 11:55 am

I'll just voice my concerns with this.

I know I am not nor as the changes stand will I ever be a part of this group, however I think that this change really puts the group in danger of dying out.. 3 members? That's too few. I know you want to have committed members to drive this forward, but I feel forcing people to choose between covenants that let you be in multiple ones and others that don't... It's an obvious choice.

I may be completely wrong, but I felt it needed to be said, hopefully the covenant grows in strength and support despite this change

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm