Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
aceluby
d15-149
Maneater_Mildred
BLA1NE
retention_sb
Fusion
ChizFreak
11 posters

What I'm doing wrong?

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

What I'm doing wrong? Empty What I'm doing wrong?

Post by ChizFreak Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:53 pm

This is my first Darkmoon toon, so I'm kind of new to the use of the ring and the Blue Eye Orb. I'm lvl 40 and I've been using the Blue Eye Orb, with the ring equipped, in Anor Londo for more than 20 minutes and still got no invasions. What I'm doing wrong?
    Fusion
    Casual
    Casual

What I'm doing wrong? Empty Re: What I'm doing wrong?

Post by Fusion Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:15 pm

I find the Darkmoon invasions to be rather infrequent. To invade someone they have to be around your level, human, in an area their boss is still alive in as well as being indicted for previous invasions. This is how I understand it anyway.

Trying Kiln may result in better results. I realise you're a way off, but just like all invaders, Kiln is your best bet for finding someone.
    retention_sb
    retention_sb

Post by retention_sb Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:53 pm

i would just keep the ring equipt and use the orb in the dukes archives
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:12 pm

My limited Darkmoon experience (compared to my vast Darkwraith experience silly) suggests that invading as DM is a lot less frequent.

Like Fusion said, you need to invade people who have sinned (don't need to have been indicted, I'm quite sure; just sinned) and who haven't beaten the boss. The majority of the sinners are people who invade, and all they have to do is beat the area boss. Then they can continue invading in that area while not being invaded. So the majority of sinners in your area, you can't invade.

I'd do it all the time as Darkwraith--go to an area, invade for a while and get invaded at the same time, get tired of getting invaded so I go kill the boss. Then I can continue invading uninterrupted.

So the best places to go for DMs is anywhere people leave the boss alive and like to invade in. Until they get tired and go kill the boss... Which leaves the Kiln as the best place, since that's the only boss you can't beat and continue PvPing in his area.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:13 pm

I would dump the ring and use the orb only. Sl 40 i would try sens. Good luck and happy hunting.
    d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:17 pm

ChizFreak wrote:This is my first Darkmoon toon, so I'm kind of new to the use of the ring and the Blue Eye Orb. I'm lvl 40 and I've been using the Blue Eye Orb, with the ring equipped, in Anor Londo for more than 20 minutes and still got no invasions. What I'm doing wrong?

Last night was the first time I got the ring to work. I got summoned to Dark Anor many times happily.

The thing I noticed was that I would have the glitch happen where you can't summon/be summoned etc...if you know what I mean? Like when you are about to be invaded and the fog gate goes up..but the invasion apparently fails and something in the game gets stuck until you rest at the bonfire. Ahh I'm doing a terrible job explaining this...but anyway, what I have noticed is that you don't have to reset whatever is hung up by going to the bonfire, just use your Dried Finger a couple of times.

So I went into the Kiln for some PvP but put on the dark moon ring. Almost immediately I got the message that I was invading and away I went to Dark Anor. When I returned to the Kiln I ended up standing around for a bit hoping I would get summoned to Dark again. Well it wasnt happening so I went to drop my red soapstone sign and couldn't. That was when I realized I had the hang up glitch and used the dried finger. Rather quickly after that I was summoned to Dark Anor. I just kept repeating the sequence and kept invading Dark.

Also, it helps to be hollow. I think you get conflicts when the game is checking to see if you are available to be invaded while its also checking to see if you can invade as a Dark moon whether its with the ring or blue orb.

So when you get finally get it to work, something I noticed was that lock on distance in Dark Anor is drastically reduced...its like everyone is wearing the thief"s ring from Demon's Souls. I had to fight quite a bit of the time without the Lock-on. Made it tough.

Oh one more thing, as soon as you spawn in Dark Anor, switch out the dark moon ring for one of your choice. Like for me, as soon as I could, I'd pop into the menu and swap out for the hornet ring.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:18 pm

That's really weird, I had great luck in Anor w/ the ring on while using the blue orb.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm going to try invading while I'm hollow.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Still no luck.
    d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Did you try resetting with the dried finger like I mentioned? Are you using the orb or the ring?

Last edited by d15-149 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm going to get the Dried Finger and try in Painted World using both the ring and the orb.
    d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:00 pm

good luck, hope it works!
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Also, try using your white soapstone a couple times to change clusters of systems.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

I've never used the ring and have had luck with the blue orb. However, I find most matches to be laggier than using the Red eye orb.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:15 pm

I managed to invade 1 person with the orb in Painted World, but after a few more tries I never managed to do it again.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:27 pm

My darkmoon toon is SL98. I don't bother with the ring anymore cos it's always a race to the Tomb before they enter. I use the orb in almost every area I go to, including burg - I'm in NG+. I find alot of success I the areas people visit after Anor Londo, simply because they change covenant without absolving their sins. Luck of the draw really. I have invaded low level toons and higher than me level toons. It's worked well for me in every area especially after firesage demon (demon ruins and lost izalith).
    I've capped my faith at 30 for DMB spell and will push to sl120 and stay there. The great thing is after I finished NG I still kept my +2 covenant ranking and was still a member! Obviously I didn't kill gywndolin etc.
    C7081
    C7081
    Casual
    Casual

Post by C7081 Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:39 pm

The blue eye orb allows you to invade anyone with a SL between 1-44, that`s why you can`t find enough to invade: They are probably just to high leveled for the orb to find them.
    Blue eye orb = anyone lower than you and anyone with a SL 10% higher than you
    Red eye orb = anyone higher than you and anyone with a SL 10% lower than you
    Anything else = Anyone 10 SL under/above you and 10%
    (Forest = SL 1-710)
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:41 pm

Seriously, in the next patch they should make it much more easier for Darkmoons to invade. Also, they should allow Dragon members to invade a host without his or her choice.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:24 am

Well it's the basic rules of invasions: can only invade people who haven't beaten the area boss. There's not much From can patch to improve the frequency of invasions, short of making everyone a sinner... (Obviously that's not a solution!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 am