Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Share
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed May 16, 2012 10:55 am

    Dubscythe wrote:I really like the idea, and though I've never actually beaten NG+ I would like to try it out.

    I figured I would throw in my .02 about this, I really hate the term "definitive version". It kinda says "Oh you beat Dark Souls? Good job loser, that wasn't even the real Dark Souls".

    Sorry Dubscythe but I'm a personal believer that you haven't truly beaten or mastered Dark souls unless you've done all 7/8 playthroughs.

    It's not that I'm belittling the achievement of completing the first playthrough and first NG+, but it's kinda like the difference between being a master carpenter, and a guy who can make the same products, but not as well.

    I personally havent done that and I don't think I know anyone who has silly (could be wrong though, some guys on here are insane)


    Last edited by Serious_Much on Wed May 16, 2012 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Rynn on Wed May 16, 2012 11:00 am

    Serious_Much wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:I really like the idea, and though I've never actually beaten NG+ I would like to try it out.

    I figured I would throw in my .02 about this, I really hate the term "definitive version". It kinda says "Oh you beat Dark Souls? Good job loser, that wasn't even the real Dark Souls".

    Sorry Dubscythe but I'm a personal believer that you haven't truly beaten or mastered Dark souls unless you've done all 7/8 playthroughs.

    I personally havent done that and I don't think I know anyone who has silly (could be wrong though, some guys on here are insane)
    I usually stop at the 6th one. The difficulty curve inbetween 6 and 7 is nearly non-existant. The four kings only get about 30 more damage per attack, and 500 more HP a piece.


    Last edited by Rynn on Wed May 16, 2012 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 32
    Location : Iowa, USA

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Federally on Wed May 16, 2012 11:15 am

    The 4th king should be a BP


    _________________
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Dubscythe on Wed May 16, 2012 11:24 am

    Federally wrote:The 4th king should be a BP

    And by the 4th he means every single one.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Rynn on Wed May 16, 2012 11:36 am

    I'm not sure I could make black phantoms where they previously didn't exist.
    avatar
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 32
    Location : Iowa, USA

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Federally on Wed May 16, 2012 11:37 am

    Dubscythe wrote:
    Federally wrote:The 4th king should be a BP

    And by the 4th he means every single one.

    Maybe not, I think I have a better idea. The 4 Kings don't change in anyway, except in BP mode all 4 spawn at the same time


    _________________
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Rynn on Wed May 16, 2012 11:39 am

    Federally wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:
    Federally wrote:The 4th king should be a BP

    And by the 4th he means every single one.

    Maybe not, I think I have a better idea. The 4 Kings don't change in anyway, except in BP mode all 4 spawn at the same time
    Which reminds me... No more respawning kings. If I kill 1, I shouldn't have another show up after the fourth.
    avatar
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 32
    Location : Iowa, USA

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Federally on Wed May 16, 2012 12:34 pm

    No but you should have them all spawning at once.


    _________________
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Rynn on Wed May 16, 2012 12:47 pm

    Once I buy the comp version, I should open a thread where we all discuss the changes I could make for a private server.
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by BLA1NE on Wed May 16, 2012 1:44 pm

    Rynn wrote:
    Federally wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:
    Federally wrote:The 4th king should be a BP

    And by the 4th he means every single one.

    Maybe not, I think I have a better idea. The 4 Kings don't change in anyway, except in BP mode all 4 spawn at the same time
    Which reminds me... No more respawning kings. If I kill 1, I shouldn't have another show up after the fourth.
    Last time I fought the Kings was with a Great Club +15 @ 40 Str... I would get the King to within 1 hit of death, then wait for my stamina to regen fully, then finish him off and empty the rest of my stamina on him while he's disappearing. I fought 2 1/3 Kings!


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Rynn on Wed May 16, 2012 1:48 pm

    BLA1NE wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    Federally wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:
    Federally wrote:The 4th king should be a BP

    And by the 4th he means every single one.

    Maybe not, I think I have a better idea. The 4 Kings don't change in anyway, except in BP mode all 4 spawn at the same time
    Which reminds me... No more respawning kings. If I kill 1, I shouldn't have another show up after the fourth.
    Last time I fought the Kings was with a Great Club +15 @ 40 Str... I would get the King to within 1 hit of death, then wait for my stamina to regen fully, then finish him off and empty the rest of my stamina on him while he's disappearing. I fought 2 1/3 Kings!
    They did the same thing in that 70 minute speed run, but with a different weapon. IMO that shouldn't work.
    I might recode the four kings boss fight entirely... so it's more like the bell gargoyles.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed May 16, 2012 1:55 pm

    Rynn wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    Federally wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:
    Federally wrote:The 4th king should be a BP

    And by the 4th he means every single one.

    Maybe not, I think I have a better idea. The 4 Kings don't change in anyway, except in BP mode all 4 spawn at the same time
    Which reminds me... No more respawning kings. If I kill 1, I shouldn't have another show up after the fourth.
    Last time I fought the Kings was with a Great Club +15 @ 40 Str... I would get the King to within 1 hit of death, then wait for my stamina to regen fully, then finish him off and empty the rest of my stamina on him while he's disappearing. I fought 2 1/3 Kings!
    They did the same thing in that 70 minute speed run, but with a different weapon. IMO that shouldn't work.
    I might recode the four kings boss fight entirely... so it's more like the bell gargoyles.

    quoteception, like a sir.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1668
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Uparkaam on Wed May 16, 2012 4:24 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    Federally wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:
    Federally wrote:The 4th king should be a BP

    And by the 4th he means every single one.

    Maybe not, I think I have a better idea. The 4 Kings don't change in anyway, except in BP mode all 4 spawn at the same time
    Which reminds me... No more respawning kings. If I kill 1, I shouldn't have another show up after the fourth.
    Last time I fought the Kings was with a Great Club +15 @ 40 Str... I would get the King to within 1 hit of death, then wait for my stamina to regen fully, then finish him off and empty the rest of my stamina on him while he's disappearing. I fought 2 1/3 Kings!
    They did the same thing in that 70 minute speed run, but with a different weapon. IMO that shouldn't work.
    I might recode the four kings boss fight entirely... so it's more like the bell gargoyles.

    quoteception, like a sir.

    Can't... resist... Must... quote...

    All of the Four Kings at once? Now that would be nearly impossible. There's no way anyone could dodge all their attacks. Only with modded stamina someone could probably do it. But without it... 🇳🇴
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Rynn on Wed May 16, 2012 4:38 pm

    Uparkaam wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    Federally wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:
    Federally wrote:The 4th king should be a BP

    And by the 4th he means every single one.

    Maybe not, I think I have a better idea. The 4 Kings don't change in anyway, except in BP mode all 4 spawn at the same time
    Which reminds me... No more respawning kings. If I kill 1, I shouldn't have another show up after the fourth.
    Last time I fought the Kings was with a Great Club +15 @ 40 Str... I would get the King to within 1 hit of death, then wait for my stamina to regen fully, then finish him off and empty the rest of my stamina on him while he's disappearing. I fought 2 1/3 Kings!
    They did the same thing in that 70 minute speed run, but with a different weapon. IMO that shouldn't work.
    I might recode the four kings boss fight entirely... so it's more like the bell gargoyles.

    quoteception, like a sir.

    Can't... resist... Must... quote...

    All of the Four Kings at once? Now that would be nearly impossible. There's no way anyone could dodge all their attacks. Only with modded stamina someone could probably do it. But without it... 🇳🇴
    Do you want a difficult game or not?
    Perhaps lower their spawn timer, so a new one shows up once one is half dead.

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by User on Wed May 16, 2012 5:21 pm

    Just make those wing Demon's fly and attack in the air. Make the Necromancers respawnable. Make the bonewheels and all skeletons in tomb of giants reincarnitable to resurrect by Necromancers... Allow black phantom serpents to help the iron giant.

    Settled.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Black Phantom Mode - aka "BP Mode"

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 pm