Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
skarekrow13
DoughGuy
WarMachine
Shkar
Imarreteet23
JoeBroski09
10 posters

DarkSouls Lore #1: The Age of Ancients and the Dragons

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

DarkSouls Lore #1: The Age of Ancients and the Dragons - Page 2 Empty Re: DarkSouls Lore #1: The Age of Ancients and the Dragons

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 3:54 am

Another interesting thing I noticed was that ash lake is where the original world was, yet its dry. there are no lakes. Somehow it was flooded. https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3565-a-dry-ash-lake
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

DarkSouls Lore #1: The Age of Ancients and the Dragons - Page 2 Empty Re: DarkSouls Lore #1: The Age of Ancients and the Dragons

Post by WyrmHero Tue May 15, 2012 4:09 am

@Dough I think they follow and pray to the ancient Dragons, now dead and defeated. The thing is the only ancient Dragon we know about is their descendant at Ash Lake. Maybe there could be more direct descendants of the Dragons in the world of DkS.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue May 15, 2012 10:12 am

im going to sue you for using my username without permission silly, nah.
    but great work on this one, the thing about the dragon tooth and that they didn’t need to attack was really good IMO. but the bridge wyvern seems to be protecting the altar of sunlight? or is it trying to stop you from ringing the bell. or maybe it is just like in demons, that the bridge is just the place where it eats. but the fact that it sits on the gate makes me think that it is purposely trying to stop you from getting there, and when it realizes that you got to the gate it leaves.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 15, 2012 11:19 am

Ok, so I added the other definition of transcendent, took out "undead dragons" because even though the lightning drakes re-spawn, they don't necessarily have to be Undead. And I took out my final speculation. Which I thought would have been awesome haha! But oh well. My fault for not reading all the item descriptions.
    Oh, and where do I say that dragons are strong against fire? I couldnt find it =/
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue May 15, 2012 12:57 pm

@Joe I think you should keep it but rather maybe add that it's strange that they are strong against fire but the Witches used the Firestorms to defeat them. Or maybe just the Archtrees.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 15, 2012 1:12 pm

But. But. I can't find where I wrote "dragons are strong against fire." I've skimmed through it, and I don't knooooooow. Though, I did just remember that the Everlasting Dragons didn't breath fire. There was no fire until the Age of Fire. Thus, Drakes either are evolved dragons that were transformed by the fire. Or something to that effect. I also need to include the "undead" dragons. I don't know much about them =/
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue May 15, 2012 1:40 pm

This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons, is formed by a drake's tail. Drakes are seen as undeveloped imitators of the dragons, but they are likely their distant kin. The sword is imbued with a mystical power, to be released when held with both hands. The main point I see in this description is that Drakes have magical attributes as well. The Bridge Wyvern is weak to Electricity and strong against magic and flame just like the Everlasting Dragons. Hmm. Strange.

What's strange is that the developer described it as a dragon, as if it's an everlasting dragon that became transformed. But the description of the Dragon King Greataxe describes the Gaping Dragon as a deformed descendant. So, this dragon was not one of the everlasting dragon, but most likely some kind of dragon other than a Drake. Sadly, we have no idea what dragon it was originally, because of it's extreme disformation. But we do know that the gaping dragon has special attributes similar to the everlasting dragons. Strong against magic and flame.

And the Dragon Tooth description also says....

Dragon Tooth
    Created from an everlasting dragon tooth. Legendary great hammer of Havel the Rock. The dragon tooth will never break as it is harder than stone, and it grants its wielder resistance to magic and flame.

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Ahh. Thank you. The tooth does give fire resistance, so i cant take that out. But i can take out the first tidbit there.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 15, 2012 3:29 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:I believe Rynn's tried that already. Idk for sure, but I believe I saw a post from her where she went through the entire game as a dragon humanoid. She found no special ending. And I believe the way you level up in the covenant is by giving dragon scales. So I believe that's how you grow and become a full fledged dragon, by using the scales. Who knows? maybe the fledgling dragon needs them.
    I gave the maximum amount of dragon scales possible to the covenant, and used only the Dragons claws as a weapon for an entire playthrough. Nothing special happened.
    WyrmHero wrote:@Joe I think you should keep it but rather maybe add that it's strange that they are strong against fire but the Witches used the Firestorms to defeat them. Or maybe just the Archtrees.
    In the opening cinematic, I could have sworn the witches were burning tree's down, they might have razed them from their nests to be eradicated by the other forces.
    WyrmHero wrote:
    And the Dragon Tooth description also says....

Dragon Tooth
    Created from an everlasting dragon tooth. Legendary great hammer of Havel the Rock. The dragon tooth will never break as it is harder than stone, and it grants its wielder resistance to magic and flame.

Obviously dragons must take care not to burn themself with their own breath, and their teeth would be resilient to fire, as every time fire is used, it must pass by them.

The Bridge Wyvern seems to be guarding the sunlight alter, yes... but I also think it's more likely that is just it's nest and territory, hence why you see it earlier in the undead burg.

The ancient dragons were wiped out during the war, the one we join the dragon covenant from is assumed to be the last remaining ancient dragon... but nowhere in the lore did it claim that the other dragons were not just another breed, nor beneath the ancient dragons.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 15, 2012 3:41 pm

Thaaaanks again. I will change a few things about their defenses. Rynn, do we know that the everlasting dragons breathed fire?

Btw, small resposes for now and no editing until later because im on mah phone.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 15, 2012 4:02 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:Thaaaanks again. I will change a few things about their defenses. Rynn, do we know that the everlasting dragons breathed fire?

We don't.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue May 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Dragon hard reset theory, still saying.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Ok. So if the everlasting dragons didnt breath fire, then their teeth didnt have to be strong against fire. I dont really understand.... welp, off to work. Pleaae continue with your thoughts on the matter.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 15, 2012 5:15 pm

We assume they had to breathe fire, as it's the only "logical" reason for fire resistance in the teeth and gums.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 15, 2012 5:20 pm

But the only dragon items we know of with fire resistance are descendents of the everlasting dragons. We dont even know if the havel fought the everlasting dragons.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue May 15, 2012 5:48 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:But the only dragon items we know of with fire resistance are descendents of the everlasting dragons. We dont even know if the havel fought the everlasting dragons.

He is said to have hated dragons, hence he probably fought against them. Most people don't hate The United Kingdom, yet the British Empire controlled most of the world. For the most part, a group has to do something personal to you (or at least be modern) to get you to hate them. Hence, he was at least around during/shortly after fighting the dragons.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 15, 2012 5:52 pm

There are many kinds of dragons. Im talking about the everlasting dragons in the intro.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 7:14 pm

Havel did. He was a compatriiot of Gwyn. Its very very likely he fought.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue May 15, 2012 8:59 pm

I think all the Dragon weapons have resistance to fire, if you equip them you see your fire defense going up. So I say include the fire resistance and say that the Witches used the Firestorms to burn the Archtrees amd maybe the Dragons when Gwyn peeled their stone scales with lightning.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat May 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Bump. Plus, I just edited it to it's final version. I'm gonna record it now. So, hopefully, I didn't get anything wrong in the stuff I added in.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 22, 2012 1:56 am

Dark Souls Lore video is up!
    https://youtu.be/4ACjH9odkcs
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue May 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:Thaaaanks again. I will change a few things about their defenses. Rynn, do we know that the everlasting dragons breathed fire?

I may be a bit late silly
    But the dragon head stone (they are supposed to turn you into a ED) says that you can emit dragon breath. And since you breath fire with it i am pretty sure that the EDs could breath fire.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:59 am

I'm a bit embarrassed, but I got the whole stone dragon thing wrong. He/she is a stone dragon. Not an ED. Thus, we still don't know if ED's breathed fire.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:03 pm

But the head/torso stones say that they are part of a rite to transform you into an ED. And a part of that transformation is getting the head and being able to breath fire.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:27 am