Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
ClassicBlaze
Hue
Gyonimizotetsu
Blaze1st
SEANB240
Bubbahotep
FattyOfDoom
Eolan
baltis
TheTruth
TehInfamousAmos
cloudyeki
Matthew718
Sal Paradise
Wade_Wilson
lxtab
skarekrow13
stinkers78
Yukon
Shkar
FlamingHarlekin
hortator
ViralEnsign_
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
pylorih
PastaOfDoom
ublug
Doelker
Artorias
SilenceOfKnights
WyrmHero
steal_yer_bike
Gorgrim
Gol
Spurgun
Emergence
lunardose
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
JY4answer
ChizFreak
BishopG
Kyubi-Nick
nsane32
menianoon
sunbro
jjshowal
drago1uk2000
Carphil
User
55 posters

The Search for Lore

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

The Search for Lore  - Page 19 Empty Re: The Search for Lore

Post by Tolvo Tue May 01, 2012 6:29 pm

In an interview in the art book it is said that Ceaseless is actually the Son of Chaos.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Tue May 01, 2012 6:37 pm

big grin Hmm so that means that all the Chaos family are done? Woop big grin
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 01, 2012 6:40 pm

There are seven daughters, as it seems to show in the prologue. We know that one is dead by ceaseless, one in the swamp, two are spider Demon's, and one that resides in Izalith. If the son of chaos was in their instead of a daughter, their is still one daughter missing.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed May 02, 2012 8:07 am

Isnt one of them the female merchant in biletown?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 02, 2012 8:16 am

If by femael merchant you mean the white lady, the mutated spider lady you find after Quelaag then yes, yes it is.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed May 02, 2012 8:18 am

No i mean the pyro merchant sitting at the foot of the pillar.

Oops sorry just realised thats the one your referring to in biletown. My bad happy

Could we look at other female characters and start thinking some of the witches left izalith? Maybe the grotesque form of the anor londo firekeeper is her transformation after the birth of chaos. Scarred and mutated.

Also there has been a suggestion that parts of the bed of chaos are made up of some of the daughters.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed May 02, 2012 9:08 am

just something that i thought about and didn’t know where to post.
    the dragon stones seem to do something like the weapon crystallization, you get more power (punches, fire breathing, roar) but you lose durability (armour, poise)
    thoughts? happy
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed May 02, 2012 9:09 am

hellooo wrote:just something that i thought about and didn’t know where to post.
    the dragon stones seem to do something like the weapon crystallization, you get more power (punches, fire breathing, roar) but you lose durability (armour, poise)
    thoughts? happy

Judging by seaths reseacrh, in tandem with logans story i think we can safely assume they are all linked.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed May 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Is anyone here good with languages? I casted my heal miracle and started to wonder what the writing meant. It looks persian to me but I don't know
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu May 10, 2012 1:40 am

Call me crazy, but maybe we have been looking at the wrong link to the "rites" involving the server. Yes, the Rite of Kindling fits the part, but there's another item set that does as well: The Dragon Stones. They are described as a mysterious rite, and what would be considered more heretical then the dragons the gods fought so hard to defeat?

Server:
    A curved greatsword used in a mysterious ancient rite.
    Imbued with a frightful occult energy which restores HP with each hit.

Dragon Stones:"Stone imbued with the power of the dragons. Rite of apostles of the ancient dragons. Gain torso of dragon. Roar like a dragon.
    The dragon apostles seek transcendence of life itself, attainable by
    transformation into an ancient dragon. This rite is only one step, but
    it cannot be reversed until death."
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu May 10, 2012 7:58 am

Shkar wrote:Call me crazy, but maybe we have been looking at the wrong link to the "rites" involving the server. Yes, the Rite of Kindling fits the part, but there's another item set that does as well: The Dragon Stones. They are described as a mysterious rite, and what would be considered more heretical then the dragons the gods fought so hard to defeat?

Server:
    A curved greatsword used in a mysterious ancient rite.
    Imbued with a frightful occult energy which restores HP with each hit.

Dragon Stones:"Stone imbued with the power of the dragons. Rite of apostles of the ancient dragons. Gain torso of dragon. Roar like a dragon.
    The dragon apostles seek transcendence of life itself, attainable by
    transformation into an ancient dragon. This rite is only one step, but
    it cannot be reversed until death."

The word "the" shows up in allot of descriptions too happy

Just kidding, but the word rite is no evidence of connection.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 15, 2012 12:24 am

I think this is my last post. I'm tired of this archive thing, I really am. I just don't feel like posting anymore. However, I do owe you guys this last one. Maybe you will lose this information, or disregard it. I don't really care. Here it is... the longest one of them all. The Lore seems like an experiment now, and I take little joy of it anymore. I just want to destroy stuff now, and just explore Lordran without any form of restrain. Maybe in the future I might change my mind, but right now I have little regard for the Lore anymore. I'm tired. Post 34 will be about Velka, the Dragons, and many other followers: The Witches of Chaos, Mildred, the Red Sages, and other beings that others do not know. You may argue that they are of little attachment, but believe me when I say that they are indeed fully attached. The lore has always been connected, with nothing ever being 'off' of it, beings its own separate strain. It has always been connected. Well, here it is... look down a little.

34. Followers of the Dragons, Witches, and Snakes

As you know, the Dragons and the Witches, mainly Velka, the Witch of Izalith (and her daughters), and the Everlasting Dragons, as well as the Glutton Dragons (Primordial Serpents) are all connected within the plot of Dark Souls, of Lordran. However, their influence is near not over. As we know, there are many followers of such beings, including the dragon covenant, the chaos monsters and servants, the pardoners, and other beings that we have talked about exclusively over and over again... however their are a few that have been missed. The first one that comes to mind, is Mildred.

Many see her as a 'hunter' butcher, a woman who left the depths to hunt down strays that escaped the depths, or even catch meals for the other butchers to claim. However, after some speculation, as well as some questions that have arised... that may not be the case at all. As we know, Mildred is armed with nothing, other than a plank shield, a butcher clever, and a sack. This contradicts the other butchers well, however. The butchers are armed with a small stick, which they use to slam enemies to the ground to crush them with their clever... this is a minor loss, as it is hard to implement it towards a character (possible, but still hard, since it would be unique to many). The other one, the one that stands out the most, is the cloths. She keeps the sack, yes, but she misses one element: everything else. Now it would not be that hard to make a model of clothing for her, and it is probably not due to the fact that FROM did not have enough time to finish her clothing set, not at all!... so why is she not wearing anything?

Is it because it would be just too hard for her to walk around the swamp with her apron, bots, and jean clothing? Maybe, but it would be probably safer than going nude except for the helm. Interesting enough, is the other qualities that Mildred has. Mildred invades close to the bonfire of the swamp, in which is close to a chest that contains a somewhat rare treasure, in which a covenant exclusively requires for ascension. The other is also a follower of the same ideal, later in the game: Logan. As confirmed by FROM himself, from the art book that EMB (yes, I saw the video) has stated from interview questions of the developer, Logan was naked because he wanted to be a dragon! (which has been speculated before he confirmed it. Point one for me, yay!) He also keeps his hat one, due to recognition of this character, as he would be hard to see as Logan without his signature hat... such ideals also lead to the identification of a butcher lady.

She also follows the philosophy of the Dragon as well. As you know, even without gear, she is by far the most resilient of all characters in Lordran. Her resistance is extremely high, her vitality strong, and her strength very good. As it requires a ton of scales to reach towards a dragon body, perhaps she was unable to obtain that dragon body for herself. The Humanity amount (3 drop plus the seven absorbed VIA dark hand, which equals 10!) is possibly due to her hunting down people for humanity. Odd, for if she was a follower of dragons, would she not try to invade as a dragon, and not as a red phantom (dragons are white/black phantoms)? Yes. Sadly, their is no invasion technique for dragons, with the only invading policies being red and blue. Since red is the origin of invading whoever in the world, it is the basis for her to invade others with. Sad, but sadly the dragons are unable to invade as dragons (which goes to reality of dark souls for the dragon covenant in general). Interestingly enough, she helps you kill the Flame Centaur Witch, after you kill her as an invader. This is unique to Mildred herself, as no other invader nor phantom does this. Leeroy does not count, as A he can be summoned first, and B he invades whether you summon him or not.

It is also hinted that Mildred is never seen dead with a body. Their are clues to who she is, however. One, is her butcher knife. Her butcher knife absorbs health, which is a distinct quality to only a few weapons. The Server, a weapon that has such an ability, and also is a weapon that is attached to the dark beasts (the primordial serpents), is also found in the same location as Mildred, and also by the Great Hollow. A corpse (although male, so it is not Mildred) in the hollow holds a wooden plank, in which is the arsenal of Mildred... the tree also holds a hidden chest that contains twin humanity, a quality that defines Mildred (as she absorbs humanity all the time, as she is an incubator of many). However... the chest seems to be their to draw away people from finding the secret path to ash lake. It seems to be made so that wanderers and looters do not reach Ash Lake at all... is Mildred herself protecting the lair of the dragons herself, or is she protecting a specific dragon?

Last, but not least, is that like many beings with a ton of humanity, she is a woman. As you know, all except for the female merchant (who still has humanity, which contradicts hollowment from lack of humanity) have a ton load of humanity. The maiden has tons, and the failed experiments of the archive is one of the very few things that drops humanity as loot, in which they are failed experiments of maidens created by Seath. Other women within Lordran include the Firekeepers. Even thou they do not drop actual humanity, they drop firekeeper souls, which is humanity itself. The only woman who does not have humanity AT ALL that is solid, is the witch of the great swamp. She has no humanity that she drops, and possibly none that she holds loosely in her. Of course, as she is a witch of chaos, she is an exception to every rule...

The second, are the Red Sages, the Sealers of Carim, the Sealers of the Darkwraiths. Now we have already found evidence that they have come from Carim. What they do not know, is their belief. Although they are there to keep the Darkwraiths from ever being brought to the face of the world... They and themselves both have similar qualities, in which is the Woman in which has influenced the entirety of Lordran in general: Velka.

For one, is their mask. The mask is a symbol of the sealer themselves, correct? Well, the mask themselves has its own qualities to it. For one, is the mask itself. It has a beak-like shape, in which is similar to that of a crow. Could be a coincidence, of course... except for the other feature that it shows. At the sides of the mask, within the hood of the sealer, are strands of hair that are similar to that of the Darkwraiths... BLACK hair. Now, this quality is that to define Velka herself. As we talked about, Nito, the Darkwraiths, the Pardoner (with his clothes and the talisman he sells... which is a strand of her hair), and the Crows in general are all distinct in the quality of Black with a fur/feather coat. even the hairs of the Darkwraiths, Nito, and the Sealers do not look like normal hair, and seems to have a fur, if not feather quality to it.

The other distinct quality, is the weapon he holds: The Ghost Blade. This blade is a unique blade, in which points to one creature that has some... interesting features: The Banshees of new Londo. Now, these creatures are interesting, as they are ghosts that represent a statue that we see outside of New Londo. She is a woman, with a baby in her arms, with a small blade... a blade that would be better as a sword for the infant in her arms. These Banshees also shoot lighting, which is a quality to the sun gods... or is it she? No, it is not she, but he. The child in her arms is the incubator of the lightning. Her face is also a key to the firekeeper, to Velka. her face is red and wrinkled... a feature that is unique to one species.. the reincarnations of the first flame, the hollows of the flame. This banshee is a symbol of Velka, and what she was. If you did not know, when you go down the elevator, their are statues of maiden at the bottom of the elevator, that look at you from all around except for the door to New Londo. When you reach the tower of the abyss, you see statues of a woman with a child by her hips... similar to the statue in the Painted World, home of Velkas treasures of sins.

The Red Sage is a creature of Velka, is a follower of Velka, and seems to reside in the idea that Velka is separate from Kaathe. In fact, he is the key subject towards such ideals. Another, Witch Beatrice, follows such ideals as well.

As we know, Witch Beatrice is found in two locations: One is the area of the Divine Ember, as well as the influence of many. Such influences include the Dragons (the Mushrooms and the Tree Lizards), The Way of White/Sun Gods (Stone Guardians), and the influence of the moonlight sorceries of Seath the Scaleless (Butterflies and the Shrub Creatures). Now this location is by the gate towards Sif... yet she is able to walk in the abyss without it. Perhaps she got Sif's ring in her own timeline? Probably not, as she seems to indicate that she is not from the same timeline, but an old one... similar to other phantoms characters that we never actually encounter in our own. If she was form an old timeline, would she not be able to obtain the ring herself. The ideals of time distortion does to include her, as she dies AFTER going to the abyss. Rather, it may be of her heritage, of her influence, that she is able to walk the abyss. Let's look at her for a minute, shall we?

The Search for Lore  - Page 19 Img_0349

This picture is an idea we can see, and we will talk about her in a few seconds. Witch Beatrice is, in fact, not a sorceress, but a witch. A witch of old tradition, with her weapon being a catalyst that has been brought down from witches before... following the proper traditions of witches in general. Witches are a rare sight, with only a few known for us in Lordran: The Witch of Izalith, and Velka herself. Witches seem to be in favour of many things in Lordran, only rivaled by dragons themselves. her clothing is also a similar trait towards the witch Velka, goddess of sin. Velka, as we seen form her miracles, are of a black and purple trait... msotly purple. Her followers, the pardoners, follow a style that is unique to themselves... as well as beatrice. her clothing is of simiilar fasion of the pardoners, and her clothing is of the same as the miracles of velka, which are black and purple. Her catalyst is also interesting, and it is of similar quality to the Demon Catalyst. As we know, the tree demons were known to get their weapons form the Arch Tree in Lost Izalith, which includes the Demon's Great Hammer and possibly the wooden shaft of the Dmeon Catalyst... a similar wood feature as that of Beatrice's catalyst. Perhaps her catalyst originated from a Stone Arch Tree... but how did she get it?

Look at the picture form above. What do you see? When you look at her, you should see a woman, with brown hair... separating the fact of her being Velka, as she has black hair... But look closer. What else do you see? Her clothing, which is of similar style as the pardoners themselves... her talisman in her right arm (left when looking at her). Her talisman is not Velka's talisman, but of another talisman. Ivory, as you can see. Now what beings hold such talismans? Well get there in a few. In her other hand, she holds a wand, thou. A feature of a witch. But why does Beatrice not use it? She was intended to, as we see below.

The Search for Lore  - Page 19 Img0018

Witch Beatrice was meant to have a wand of her own, as well as the catalyst. So what does this say? The portrait is not her, let us clear that out. her hair is blond, not brown 9which is the colour of the woman in the portrait). But... what happens if it is not meant to identify her specifically, but her past. Not her past life, but those of her ancestors. Could it be that the witch's heritage originated from the home of the Gods? It is the home of some of the most famous witches, and her clothing and catalyst in the portrait does identify linkage towards being a witch, although it is not Velka at all. Perhaps it is of the Flame Witches, but unlikely; The flame witches were known for their robes that they wore. Of course, they and Beatrice have something in common. The witches of chaos are known for not only their black robes (which identifies to Velka), but also their gold hemmed texture that we see on them... a quality that we also see of Velka, including her chest and some other areas of her. Velka and Beatrice are not just connected, but the Flame Witches as well... they all are.

But let us not talk about Beatrice for too long. She does show attachment to Velka, and also shows somewhat the ideals of Velka fighting the Dark Spawns of one of the Dark Beasts... creatures that are of influence to not only Velka herself, but also the Flame of Disparity, the First Flame. Heh, the Dark Beasts. Such interesting creatures, with little influence for Lordran in general compared to the Dragons and the Witches... or do they. It turns out, after some research, I have found idealists of these Serpents of the Flame in general. You may be suprised, but it is actually a covenant. Can you guess what it is? Guess before you open the spoiler folder. You may be surprised to what I say...

Spoiler:

Surprised? You should be. What the hell does this covenant have to do with the Dark Beasts at all!? As you know, the Way of White follow the Flame, and recognize the Dark. Respect and Fear it they do, with their saying that they say: Vereor Nox; Fear/Respect the Dark. But this is not the key element, No, it is not. It is what many of them hold in their hand.

Look at their shields... look at the maidens' shields, look at them. Tell me what you see. Venture to the archives, and see the home of the failed maiden experiments... look that eh hollows that inhabit it. What do you see for a shield? Go to the blacksmith, Andre, and buy a shield. Buy that same shield from him, the divine blacksmith he is. Can you find it on him? yes, you can.

These shields, the Caduceus Shields, are a symbol that is integrated well with the Way of White, and in general the Divine. Nonetheless, the Way of White in general. This shield has a unique feature, and is a home of two creatures on it, two serpents on the shield. Now their are very rare areas in which serpents exist... one in particular exists as servants of Sen and Seath in regards of them being of similar quality as the Mimics. But it is not those creatures I think of. More so a dark beast of the abyss, which is of influence to both the dark.. and the flame. Many can say that these beasts are not influenced to the flame, but the dark. However, the server, a sword that has qualities of the primordial serpents,shows influence to the rite of kindling. The rite of kindling being tied to the first flame; the rite of kindling being tied to the way of white.

These two creatures are the Dark beasts that influence all: Kaathe and Frampt. One sees the ideals of the Dark... the Other sees the Ideals of Fire, of the Flame. Ideals being of influence also to the Way of White. I have my theories of their connection. Remember the portrait of the witch up above? Remember the Talisman that she holds? The catalyst is of similar quality to the Ivory Catalyst... used by maidens. The Witch Beatrice can walk on the Abyss... the Dark beasts reside in the Abyss...

Do you see the connection? I hope you do.

One more topic I would like to add, and the last one to add. Then, i shall go back to my hole of blight. We shall return to the Dragon Covenant, once again.

Now, look at the Dragon body, from the link down below (hold control, then left click)

https://2img.net/h/oi51.tinypic.com/f40b3d.png

Look at his body. Look at the exoskeleton, the head, and the fur... do you see good amounts of connection? No? Well, let us look at some more stuff, shall we?

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/546003_305261082880276_119869331419453_757376_520347860_n.jpg

Look at his head. Look at his gloves. Look at the Dragon head. look at his hands. What do you see?

Good. I am glad we reached that assessment. If not, well, ignorance meets with surprise: The Dragon body is of influence to the knights of Gwyn. It is not just Artorias, ow no. Look at the Silver Knights, and their armour. Look at the Black knights. Their features are of similar taste to the dragon body. As the Silver Knights were designed to kill the everlasting dragons, and the dragon body depicts features of them being the youthful versions of such dragons... why would the executioners of such beasts have the same uniform as they, hm?

lol

it is brilliant, I can say. Why, why? Look at the Stone Dragon, the creature that gives these Dragon bodies. Look at her fur. It is black, and has a texture of being both of fur... and feathers. What other beings hold such context?

lol

I am finished for now, and possibly for good. i tire of posting, tire of examination. I hate the archives, and it irritates me at times... it is not good for my competitive nature, I can say with full heart and dignity. I am off for good. You can speculate what I have found, what i have shown. The rest I know will be kept by me to treasure, and treasure alone. I will search on... but not with you.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 1:21 am

A fittingly powerful final post. I salute you Acidic. Have a toxic good fun time!.
    However there is one question I believe you must answer. You have spoken about Kaathe and Frampt, their links and influence but (spoilered in case you dont want to see it plus its a spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    @Other people You heard him, the primordial serpents are WoW related. Lets figure out how they rank us up! lol!
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Tue May 15, 2012 4:14 am

DoughGuy wrote:A fittingly powerful final post. I salute you Acidic. Have a toxic good fun time!.
    However there is one question I believe you must answer. You have spoken about Kaathe and Frampt, their links and influence but (spoilered in case you dont want to see it plus its a spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    @Other people You heard him, the primordial serpents are WoW related. Lets figure out how they rank us up! lol!

Hmmm I don't see anything here.........but maybe we fit this in in my topic the great search
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue May 15, 2012 4:55 am

I like what you said about the female ghosts. Too bad you are leaving, farewell. Prostration
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue May 15, 2012 11:52 am

I loved the information on Mildred, though I'm a bit disappointed in your speculation on the Stone Dragon as I've somewhat speculated this before and was kind of hoping you would post more about ideas I hadn't already considered. I salute you Acidic, may you find many secrets in your journeys in gaming.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 15, 2012 11:58 am

I rarely ventured in here Acidic but out of respect had to come in and say thanks for the hard work. You were an inspiration to a lot of people and kickstarted a lot of discussions. In the immortal words of the Cheat Commandos: "Rock Rock On!."
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Wait, I return to this place and you're holding back information?

You troll. silly Just tell us even if it's broken english and bullet points, holding it over our heads is rather unfair :|

First glyph, then yourself... The pendant claims yet another victim, cook lol
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 15, 2012 1:41 pm

lol

It comes both ways, Serious. Besides, what fun would it be if I told everything.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:lol

It comes both ways, Serious. Besides, what fun would it be if I told everything.

It would be best for all, the achievement of your eudaimonia and relief for those whom you tell.

Your mission isn't accomplished until you have revealed your last extract, performed the final verse and the coda has at last rung out.

You set out to bring the secrets of Lordran to the community, and you have not accomplished this until you have laid down the last piece of the puzzle, whether it be a disappointing end or grand finale.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Our views are different, Serious. They are defiantly different.

Is it bright outside in the UK for ya, serious? Is the sun out well and bright, or is it near rest to dusk for you?

The search has always to be there to take opinion and information that I missed, with the help of the community. I helped them, as they helped me. Sadly, after I have seen people arrive, tramplement is ensue, and anger of rivals comes, even when I leave the proof in their face.

I have embraced the dark, as much as I embrace the basking sun. I like to live, and I am no knight of any form of 'code'. I am, after all, a man of pleasure. I took pleasure in finding what I needed to find. Now I wait for the final straw to come.

It's bright where I am standing, and the heat and light fill my eyes. Perhaps you should look more clearly to what it is there, and not be blinded by the rays... rather find the sun itself in the search yourself.

Besides... for what I hear, serious, you do not play Dark Souls anymore, hm? I gave you opportunities, and invitations, to come play with me. Yet you said no. When I am ready, my friends of specific origin will know of my findings... but they are not going to be told today.

Not straight away, anyways. lol
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Yeah, I'm afraid I'm not a lore nut, and I only really want you to spill the beans for the other guys who have been working themselves tirelessly to help you, and those who have searched alone and not found what they were looking for.

However it's pretty clear you're set on keeping this to yourself for at least a while, so I'll just let you do what you want, though I'm sure more people will come knocking with their own objections to your approach cook winking

It is bright outside right now, but in time more rain will come. There is nothing so clear cut as light and dark, the bright sun or the black of the night. To me, to embrace one aspect you must embrace it all. While people have helped, others have hindered and ridiculed. Though I think overcoming this and allowing your information to all would be best.

You're right, our approaches do differ cook, I hope the selfless streak you seem to be waiting for appears sooner, rather than later.

and until then, I'll get on with not playing Dark Souls, like you I have lost enjoyment where it was once found, and other things perk my interest and enjoyment instead big grin
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed May 16, 2012 6:30 pm

I think I know how to (sorta) level up? WoW is all about the Age of Fire, kindling bonfires etc. But how do you kindle bonfires? You use humanity, which convenant earns you humanity to give the leader, and has links to the Age of Fire. Darkwraiths. I believe there are 2 factions of the
    W0W. Darkwraiths and just WoW. Darkwraiths earn humanity, gives it to Kaathe, he gives it to Frampt, who intergrates in WoW. So to gey +3, you might have to just level up in the Darkwraiths?
    Bubbahotep

Post by Bubbahotep Mon May 21, 2012 12:54 pm

I've noticed something that other people may have noticed as well, and I can't find a mention of it anywhere, so I'll add it here (by the way, I signed up just to mention this)

You can gain a humanity bonus from killing large amounts of enemies in areas the bosses have not yet been killed, up to ten. This is in the wiki and something I've observed in my quest for more humanity. However, once the boss is defeated, you don't gain that bonus.

My world is completely empty except for Gwyn. He is the last god to defeat. I cannot gain more humanity from any other area.

Except...I like to farm in the painted world, as it is a fun way to get a descent amount of souls. And I noticed, that even though I've defeated Orn and Smough, Seath, Priscilla, and set the world to dark, that I can gain humanity by killing the painted guardians, entering the painted world, exiting, and killing the guardians again. Each time I've done this I've gotten the humanity bonus associated from killing enemies in a boss active area.

So my question is, is the area recognizing that as Gwyn is the lord on anor londo, him being alive counts as the area boss, or is this a glitch, have they changed the humanity bonus in the new patch, or is there a freakin' hidden boss somewhere keeping this bonus active?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 21, 2012 12:58 pm

It is said that dark Londo, even when all bosses are gone, still has active phantom activity for the master of the world. This may have to do something with it, as you van only summon/be invaded by phantoms at times where ya can also get loose humanity from enemies that are not dark wraiths.

Welcome to the forum

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am