Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
WorldSlayerPIKA
ViralEnsign_
BoilerFan8472
User
Imarreteet23
Azran
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
PlasticandRage
cloudyeki
14 posters

How often do you geek out and over what?

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

How often do you geek out and over what? Empty How often do you geek out and over what?

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Aside from Dark Souls, how often (like getting hyped or buying merchandise or similar) do you geek out and over what?

Best example, I love pokemon. And I've got a lil trove of pokedolls hidden in my room that I just get at random times either at garage sales, passing through lil tok's or off ebay.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

How often do you geek out and over what? Empty Re: How often do you geek out and over what?

Post by PlasticandRage Sun May 13, 2012 7:52 pm

I definitely geek out over Starwars. But I'm not much of an obsessive collector, though I do have a few rare things kicking around. Still have all my old Wars toys from when I was little. That stuffs worth a lot.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

How often do you geek out and over what? Empty Re: How often do you geek out and over what?

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 8:14 pm

I used to geek out over Final fantasy.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 13, 2012 8:21 pm

DoughGuy wrote:I used to geek out over Final fantasy.

This.

Though I don't really 'geek' out, as much as reminisce and get hyped over nostalgic things from when I was little, they're just hilarious.

But I never get like memorabilia or stuff just when I find old **** of like pokemon or something and it makes me think back silly

Last edited by Serious_Much on Sun May 13, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Sun May 13, 2012 8:34 pm

It depends. I don't geek out frequently, but when I do, OH BOY.
    Last time I geeked out, I purchased the Halo Visual Guide, a Deus Ex Human Revolution and Resistance: Fall of Man t-shirt, and like eight Dan Abnett books.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Yes tat one of mine, 40K. Probably my only current geek out thing.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun May 13, 2012 9:23 pm

I geek out over... Everything, and constantly. I was trying to learn the Skyrim dragon launguage (before I got over Skyrim) and I still want to learn Lord of the Rings elf language. If I had a DS (or whatever Nintendo is calling it) then I would still be playing Pokemon. I do, however, have Pokemon dolls (shhhh, don't tell anyone). I will constantly make obcenely obscure nerdy references to people who clearly don't get them.

I don't always geek out... Oh wait, yes I do.

Stay nerdy, my friends.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Hey Ima! Its not just me you have been gone for awhile right?
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun May 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Hiya! I wasn't on yesterday, and most of today. Went on a Mothers Day hike today, it was pretty fun.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 13, 2012 10:43 pm

>_> I'm curious 'bout your dolls Ima.

I swear they need to stop making my favorite pokemon in plush form, I'm barely able to pay for new parts, spending 20+ on each one just eats my budget.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun May 13, 2012 11:53 pm

I use to geek out a lot, and it was usually al of the new ideas I made, whether it was a combination of things or a creation of a new, unused idea. I still geek out at times when I do.

If you mean games, I think the only game I truly heeled from was Starcraft. Starcraft was something I talked about for over a decade, and my friends thought I was an obsessive loser with nostalgic issues... Until they played it. Now, all my friends gave Starcraft brood war. Mist have Starcraft 2 as well. Although they stopped playing after I did... I want to play still sad
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 13, 2012 11:57 pm

Anything cook, and I'm aware of the starcraft love (never tried it cuz I never had a decent pc)
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 14, 2012 12:02 am

The original? If you have a computer from at least 2003 to now, it would realitively easily be used fir brood war. I play it at times on the PC when I'm done work, both offline and online. It is still fun, I got to say. I played Mario in the past, and went back to play it... Not the same. I can't play most old games. Starcraft is an exception.

Plus, the graphics were cool, somewhat like artwork you would see in a comic book, which gave me a better blast to my creative mind of making my own campaigns and scenarios, usually removing and adding things for the player to use, with little to no Heros, against the greater odds. It was usually focused on Zerg, then Terran, and lastly Protoss. Heros were very little in use, except for the Protoss.

It was fun as hell.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Mon May 14, 2012 12:46 am

playing pokemon through roms again, watching pokemon online, and STAR TREK OMG SCOTTY BEAM ME UP!!!!!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 14, 2012 3:54 am

Oh I geek out over The Song of Fire and Ice series. Also japanese history....
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WorldSlayerPIKA Mon May 14, 2012 6:24 am

I like Sarah Michelle Gellar....

I am somehow resistent to a Hype! I dont have Merchandise of my favorites... I am usually hypin the game I am currently playing, telling everyone they must buy it too!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 14, 2012 6:56 am

Oh some times when people ask me what my stories that I write are about i try to tell them the entire history of the world I've created..... Then after about an hour of explainations I finally get down to telling them I've only decided on a few sections of the main narrative.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Mon May 14, 2012 1:01 pm

ITS...ITS ALMOST HERE...THE DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY! ONLY 15 HOURS LEFT TILL I LOSE MY SOCIAL EXISTANCE TO DIABLO III
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon May 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Oh God - Dakka - tomorrow I lose my fiancee. Jason will be married to Diablo 3, but I'm sure I know some ways to get him off of it winking
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Mon May 14, 2012 2:29 pm

D-I-A-B-L-O
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon May 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Haha - three of those letters may include what I do to him
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 14, 2012 3:38 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Oh God - Dakka - tomorrow I lose my fiancee. Jason will be married to Diablo 3, but I'm sure I know some ways to get him off of it winking

...does that mean that Jason and Natalia both share an account?

Seems to show... otherwise you have dual personalities. I beat you with about two dozen lol
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon May 14, 2012 3:42 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:
    TehInfamousAmos wrote:Oh God - Dakka - tomorrow I lose my fiancee. Jason will be married to Diablo 3, but I'm sure I know some ways to get him off of it winking

...does that mean that Jason and Natalia both share an account?

Seems to show... otherwise you have dual personalities. I beat you with about two dozen lol

Aye we do share accounts - and :O I see Natalia's plan now silly I like it!!! winking
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Damn Amos.... BEST FIANCE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue May 15, 2012 10:03 am

You guys didn't know they use the same account for everything? You should see it when they switch on skype sometimes, I have to ask so that I make sure I don't say something really weird to Natalia though she isn't on as much haha.

Whenever friends and I get together I nerd out. I once at a party had a ten hour discussion on the philosophy of the Sith with a friend as the others drank and had fun haha. Or whenever I join with the director and try to brainstorm ideas. It's literally just the two of us talking about film ideas and methods for close to three hours. If you were near to us you'd sort of just get lost and probably fall asleep as we sprint through everything. Because sometimes we talk over each other, but still understand each other and literally speak at the same time having two conversations with one another. Or *** me if someone asks for advice on a story and they genuinely want it. I will lecture them for days and constantly get back to them and try and help along their process.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm