Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Serious_Much
3nvy
Federally
WyrmHero
DamageCK
billy_bayonet
bloodpixel
PlasticandRage
sinisterapathy
Glutebrah
Extertionist
Uparkaam
RANT
Shkar
18 posters

Why the Chaos Blade love?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Why the Chaos Blade love? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why the Chaos Blade love?

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 24, 2012 9:31 am

Well, most people argue for the stats, and admittedly 450 AR with 40 dex and 10 humanity is damn good for a single stat attack.

However I look at it like this, the blade is rusted and has dried blood on it, simply using it is self destructive and can kill you. In short, it's just a cool weapon, for me probably the coolest weapon on the game.

It's my favourite weapon so I may be biased, but even I don't think it's abilities are that great, in PvP it's horrible to use (drains health it you get a lag hit where you 'connect' but do no damage), but it's fun as hell fighting bosses and mobs with it.

Is it so unjust that there's love for a weapon because it's awesome and cool instead of just being a statistically amazing weapon?
    3nvy

Post by 3nvy Thu May 24, 2012 9:39 am

Serious_Much wrote:Well, most people argue for the stats, and admittedly 450 AR with 40 dex and 10 humanity is damn good for a single stat attack.

However I look at it like this, the blade is rusted and has dried blood on it, simply using it is self destructive and can kill you. In short, it's just a cool weapon, for me probably the coolest weapon on the game.

It's my favourite weapon so I may be biased, but even I don't think it's abilities are that great, in PvP it's horrible to use (drains health it you get a lag hit where you 'connect' but do no damage), but it's fun as hell fighting bosses and mobs with it.

Is it so unjust that there's love for a weapon because it's awesome and cool instead of just being a statistically amazing weapon?

What I was looking for before making this build was a weapon that was, most importantly, very fast, but still had good reach and decent damage. The CB serves this purpose perfectly.

Although I am very interested in trying a 40 Strength/40 Dexterity Washing Pole build.

Also I must say it is not horrible to use in PvP at all. I hardly even notice the damage taken from connecting with it and it kills with a few hits. I have used it in hundreds of fights, most of which I have won. Of those I have lost, it was not because I took too much damage from the CB.

Last edited by 3nvy on Thu May 24, 2012 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 24, 2012 9:41 am

I wasn't responding to your build, but the question in the thread title, sorry if it seemed that way silly
    3nvy

Post by 3nvy Thu May 24, 2012 9:43 am

Oh, I know. I was just directing it at you to generate discussion, I suppose.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu May 24, 2012 10:21 am

ive died so many times because i took that last swing with the CB and forgot about the damage, because its so neglible you dont pay attention, i usually facepal my own stupidity at that point :O, eitha way i prefer the laito its more fun to use and i can usuall get 3 hits in 2 2hr's and a 2hr2 before most players can react which is good youll get owned by the parry experts though
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu May 24, 2012 12:39 pm

yea i wish chaos blades r2 was as fast as iaito that would be great. i like chaos cause it looks bad *** and does decent dmg with 10humanity and goes great with my 45dex pyro build. i do switch to iaito sometimes.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu May 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Not sure that anyone has mentioned the epic dead angles CB does? I am blocking how is this dude hitting me?

When you fight great parry guys the Mura and CB dead angles are your best friends. I use ENC uchi(small light) and crest grass on the left and Mura/CB on the right! For some reason very few people expect a parry with a sword in your left hand....and when there are swords swings from your left and right its chaos...then in the midst of your attack they try to get a hit in only to be parryd out!

CB not only looks cool as hell its a very effective weapon!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu May 24, 2012 2:28 pm

i think the cb has a higher poise breaking capability as well... as for alternatives... the washingpole is there for its range, the uchi is the basic katana and the iaito is pretty much just an alternate moveset. the cb is an above average katana in all ways, either the same or slightly faster swing speed as any other katana, more base damage, humanity scaling in additon to dex scaling equal to most katanas, faster bleed, more stunlock potential, all of this is offset by the hp loss and lack of buffing, seems like a fair trade. but i tend to prefer curved swords as dex weapons ad they weigh at most 2.5 pounds and one of them gest s dex scaling with bleed.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu May 24, 2012 4:31 pm

The 2 handed 2 hit stagger ability and extra bleed have to be the real kickers IMO!

On my 225 I have 46 dex and str and 60 int so all my katana's are ENC and they all stat out alot better that CB...yet the CB wins ya more often because of those 2 reasons!

Also the 20 hp loss means nothing to me I will always have another weapon to finish with if my hp is low!
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu May 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Does less than the other katanas at 50 dex.

I don't understand.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu May 24, 2012 6:08 pm

scales with humanity, try it again with 10 humanity.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu May 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Serious_Much wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't see any reason at all to not use it if you like it. That's not what I'm saying. However, the majority of players (not necessarily on the forums) use weapons because they are effective, and I was just trying to see if there was anything I hadn't noticed about the CB.

My main reason of wondering was because when I fight someone with it I routinely make them take over 200 damage before even attacking just by utilizing dodge invulnerability.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri May 25, 2012 11:34 am

Shkar wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't see any reason at all to not use it if you like it. That's not what I'm saying. However, the majority of players (not necessarily on the forums) use weapons because they are effective, and I was just trying to see if there was anything I hadn't noticed about the CB.

My main reason of wondering was because when I fight someone with it I routinely make them take over 200 damage before even attacking just by utilizing dodge invulnerability.

The CB in incredibly effective, that's what you hadn't noticed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:51 am