Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
BLA1NE
Wade_Wilson
ARSP
Kirk-Barb
8 posters

1st Level....Really!?!?

Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

1st Level....Really!?!? Empty 1st Level....Really!?!?

Post by Kirk-Barb Sat May 12, 2012 12:21 pm

I've been reading all these wonderful posts of crazy runs with characters. No bonfire, speed, 1st level, ect...ect. It got me to wondering how far I could go with a first level character without killing any bosses. So I decided to give my farming titanite chunks and PVP practice in Anor Londo a rest for an evening and give it a go.

I get my new charcter to Undead Burg and must spend 2 of my 4 precious humanity on kindling the bonfire and of course go human. No big deal. I'm 1st level. How many 1st level invaders can there be. I fight my way to the merchant. While we are interacting and I'm making purchases I get invaded. What!?!? Already!?!? You have got to be kidding me. I upgrade to the spiked club for my weapon, but am stuck with the cracked shield because I'm out of souls to buy the heater shield.

I leave the merchant and as I enter the building, come face to face with a dragon guy. A first level dragon guy!?!? It only gets worse. He is armed with a dark humanity sucking hand and a strait dagger. He immediately attacks, attempting to steal my humanity. (Good news/bad news. I now had one in my slot, as I had earned it on the way to the merchant.) He has to know I'm a beginner. Cracked shield, spiked club, pyromancer gear, coming from the merchant. Yet the twit goes straight for the one commodity the beginners are in short supply of... humanity. What a jerk!

I of course am not a real beginner, and have seen this trick before. I avoided his dark hand, blocking with my shield and take the fight upstairs before he has a chance to unleash his +5 chaos pyromancy. Once upstairs he continues going for my humanity and I take shots at him with my newly purchased club. I always thought dragon guys didn't have any armor, but my club did little to no damage. And where was my bleed???? So I try my last 3 remaining fireball spells. Now I have never used magic in a pvp fight, but it was strange that each time I cast the spell, it did nothing to him, but I appeared to take fire damage instead???? Some other benefit of the dragon shout? I have fought this type before. They can stun you, breath fire on you, and go beserk with extra damage. But bounce back spells... new one on me.

Finally he realized he was not going to steal any humanity from me so he finished me off with his +?? fire strait dagger. What a turd. But I won't get mad. Because I know for every beginner he is lucky enough to find, there are many more times his invasions end with him being farmed hard by a pair of gankers. happy
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

1st Level....Really!?!? Empty Re: 1st Level....Really!?!?

Post by ARSP Sat May 12, 2012 12:27 pm

This sort of thing happened during my first pvp match I was in the parish and I got invaded by a black knight with a lightning weapon and dark hand he didn't even bother blocking my hit did 23 damage and I died which sucked. I seriously think they should patch the BB Glitch
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat May 12, 2012 12:31 pm

I enjoy owning low level griefers with my legitimate maxed out chaos halberd/+9 divine claymore and +15 heater shield.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Sat May 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:I enjoy owning low level griefers with my legitimate maxed out chaos halberd/+9 divine claymore and +15 heater shield.
    You use the BB Glitch? how do you get a +9 Divine claymore and a +15 heater shield while being below LVL 10?
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat May 12, 2012 12:43 pm

ARSP wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:I enjoy owning low level griefers with my legitimate maxed out chaos halberd/+9 divine claymore and +15 heater shield.
    You use the BB Glitch? how do you get a +9 Divine claymore and a +15 heater shield while being below LVL 10?

No bottomless box glitch. Divine claymore can be made with chunks farmed from tomb of giants at low level, along with the ember also in the tomb of giants, the heater shield can be made with the v.large ember from new londo at low level (slab is from the asylum), and the chaos halberd can be made using chunks farmed from the demon ruins and a +5 ascended glove traded with snuggly for a slab).
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sat May 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Wade Wilson: Don't forget to mention the gaming skill, knowledge, and patience to get it done.happy
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat May 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Kirk-Barb wrote:Wade Wilson: Don't forget to mention the gaming skill, knowledge, and patience to get it done.happy

Don't start. I used the first bonfire down in the tomb of giants and had to work my way up from there to firelink, I had to farm for a good 2 hours just for the souls needed to upgrade the glove, and Ceaseless killed me before I could cheese him, which meant I had to fight him the hard way at the risk of being insta-killed EVERY DAMN TIME. New londo was the only easy part of the damn thing.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat May 12, 2012 1:00 pm

Kirk-Barb wrote:But I won't get mad. Because I know for every beginner he is lucky enough to find, there are many more times his invasions end with him being farmed hard by a pair of gankers. happy
    That's the spirit! And thankfully, if you stick with the run, once you're past the burg/ parish/ depths, you probably won't ever get invaded anymore.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat May 12, 2012 1:02 pm

i always bypass burg as do a lot of other people. so be careful that area has heavy pvp traffic. I see a few dragons but i think ive actually ran into that person you're talking about the last few days. no worries i smashed his face with a +9fire scythe and 1shot him lol. If your going to try and do a low lvl run dont go human until you have at least somewhat good gear(EVERYONE will have max elemental weapons)
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat May 12, 2012 1:06 pm

ARSP wrote:I seriously think they should patch the BB Glitch
    Problem is not the BB glitch. It's entirely possible to do the whole game at low level and earn that gear legitimately.

In my opinion there are 3 things that make this possible:
    - OP rings
    - Gear vs SL unbalance
    - People with no etiquette

You can be ninja-flipping, in FULL GIANTS, at starting level by wearing Havel's and DWGR.

In Dark Souls, it's much more powerful to fully upgrade your gear than to raise your SL.

Combine the above 2 and you get this: http://tinyurl.com/6oz5rbb

Throw in people with no etiquette, who are actually willing to use this against total newbs, and you have quite an embarrassing situation. But short of rebalancing the whole game, there's nothing From can do about it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat May 12, 2012 1:30 pm

I totally agree blaine. I actually found out about the bb glitch on my first low lvl playthrough because people kept messaging me saying i was cheating cause i had a fire claymore lol I have actually found that not many people invade at low lvl in burg anymore cause they got sick of just getting crushed by the higher lvls dueling there. Its best to just stay undead until you have at least half decent gear.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sat May 12, 2012 2:01 pm

FruitpunchNinja: I had no intention of being human in the burg or parish. But I wanted to kindle the bonfire and I'm just not the kind of guy to jump off an edge. Might as well see how long I can stay human. I have been staying human with my first character in every area and believe me that is enough frustration to last me a life time. Fortunately my first character has the gear and stats to hold his own against anyone in the game now. It's only my skill and that of my opponent that decides victory or defeat.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun May 13, 2012 10:02 am

I also have a legit low level griefing build.

Sl 1, but I stopped griefing with it.

There is no sport in it.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 10:13 am

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Kirk-Barb wrote:Wade Wilson: Don't forget to mention the gaming skill, knowledge, and patience to get it done.happy

Don't start. I used the first bonfire down in the tomb of giants and had to work my way up from there to firelink, I had to farm for a good 2 hours just for the souls needed to upgrade the glove, and Ceaseless killed me before I could cheese him, which meant I had to fight him the hard way at the risk of being insta-killed EVERY DAMN TIME. New londo was the only easy part of the damn thing.

If ceaseless kill syou the first try you can still make him do the jump. You just have to run back to the gold hemmed set then run tpo the fog gate.
    Unforseen
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen Sun May 13, 2012 10:34 am

Kirk-Barb wrote: A first level dragon guy!?!?

The red eye orb allows you to invade people 10% below your soul level along with no upper limit, so he could've been a bit higher level.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am