Poise Questions

ewithrow22

Poise Questions

Post by ewithrow22 on Fri May 11, 2012 3:15 am

So iv been using a murakumo. And poise is necessary. But is 76 necessary? Or is 56 good? I have 81 equip load. I want to use the cloranthy and DWGR but how do I get there without going over 40.5?

Raptrojo
    Casual
    Casual

Re: Poise Questions

Post by Raptrojo on Fri May 11, 2012 5:18 am

56 is Ok
    Gear could be:
    -Mask of mother
    -Murakomo
    -Grass shield
    -Havel arms
    -Havel legs
    -No armor =(
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Fri May 11, 2012 1:58 pm

use havels arms and legs if you want 56 poise. really the only reason you would need more is if you are planning on going toe to toe with every weapon. i say do 56 and try to dodge whenever possible. i see too many people who just overload poise and become lazy and just try to go hit for hit with everyone they fight. they end up getting raped to death by rapiers eventually.
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Fri May 11, 2012 2:06 pm

54 poise is a good place to be. Allows you to tank 1 hit from most weapons (small, regular size, and great size--except greataxes) without getting stun-locked. Going to 76 only adds ultra-greatswords and great axes to that list, both of which are easy to dodge.

Another thing to consider: at 76 poise, WoG stun-locks you rather than sending you flying. This is bad. If you run into a WoG-spammer, you'll just eat all his consecutive WoGs in the face and there's nothing you'll be able to do about it. I don't know yet what the break-point is for WoG to send you flying, but it's not a bad idea to be under it! That way you can roll away after the first WoG send you to the ground.

So 54 poise, and dodging the big stuff, is a good idea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:18 am