Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
sunbro
BLA1NE
JesDaMess
WyrmHero
8 posters

Best upgrade path for a Sanctus/Grass Crest Shield?

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Best upgrade path for a Sanctus/Grass Crest Shield? Empty Best upgrade path for a Sanctus/Grass Crest Shield?

Post by WyrmHero Fri May 11, 2012 1:27 am

I'm thinking magic, but I want opinions from the experts. winking
    JesDaMess

Best upgrade path for a Sanctus/Grass Crest Shield? Empty Re: Best upgrade path for a Sanctus/Grass Crest Shield?

Post by JesDaMess Fri May 11, 2012 1:30 am

I use +15 for the added stability.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Best upgrade path for a Sanctus/Grass Crest Shield? Empty Re: Best upgrade path for a Sanctus/Grass Crest Shield?

Post by BLA1NE Fri May 11, 2012 2:11 am

You mean you actually plan on blocking with those? silly

I always thought it was kind of ironic to block using the Sanctus, since it'll let more damage through than it can effectively heal... But, since you ask, seems a fire Sanctus isn't bad: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Sanctus .

As for the GCS, well... same, actually! Fire GCS isn't bad. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Grass+Crest+Shield .

Only use I can think of making those 2 shields fire, though, is to block the first hit of someone's chaos weapon, then parry the second. If you plan on doing more blocking than 1 hit at a time, go regular path, because 51 stability won't cut it.

Edit: btw, if you see Whknight somewhere, give him a +1! Most of the shields info was gathered by him.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri May 11, 2012 2:28 am

LOL the defense increase of magic is pathetic, fire defense is good though...man I wish that Sanctus could recover its lost power....I'm bored of the Grass Crest....
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Fri May 11, 2012 2:36 am

How about this I'm just lovin it

Fire Effigy Shield+10
    phys 90
    magic 40
    fire 84
    light 90

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri May 11, 2012 2:50 am

Yup, Fire Effigy is a great all-around choice. Low stability again, though, so only for blocking 1 hit and parrying.

If you're looking for a Magic shield, specifically, then you should consider either the Crest Shield or making yourself a Magic Warrior's Round Shield.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Fri May 11, 2012 3:22 am

yup that's the drawback low stability
    I only use 3 shields Fire Effigy +10, Blood shield +15 and the sunlight shield +15
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri May 11, 2012 10:52 am

fire effigy shielkd is awesome, ive had one for a while and it works great. i use the dragon crest shield a lot becasue its one of my favourite shields in the game.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri May 11, 2012 11:04 am

i still wish they allowed you to make raw shields. maybe have it increase the physical deff. I would say make it +14 or 15. i think elemental shields are worthless unless they have a bash attack. cause if you are going to use a shield in pvp stability is a much better thing to have rather then a few extra deff points for just one element.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri May 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Dont upgrade the gcs or sanctus... Just pop them on your back and 2 hand your way to glory... If you want to block... Get a better shield.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri May 11, 2012 1:25 pm

@FruitPunch

Some shields get more than just a few points, though. That's why it's interesting to really look over the shields page. Some lend themselves better to one upgrade path or other, and some are very surprising.

For example, the Warrior's Round Shield and Caduceus Round Shield both have the same base stats. But the Caduceus shield only goes to 78 Mag defense when upgraded along that path, whereas the Warrior's goes up to 84.5.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm

That is interesting to see. They came from the both tree... I guess it has to do with the wood art. They do not dual glutton dragons as much as twin axe heads.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri May 11, 2012 2:49 pm

i agree with blaine FPN some elemental shields kickass, specially the effigy shield which is the best looking shield in the game imo and i have been using it for a long time and recently i made afire shield and it kicks *** too, the only thing that bothers me about it is that it has a reg parry instead of a fast parry. why? its a damn small shield and that fast parry wouldve made my favourite shield in the game! damn you FROM!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 pm