Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Maneater_Mildred
Carphil
Reaperfan
Federally
Rynn
9 posters

Dodging with a Heavy Roll. I need some pointers.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dodging with a Heavy Roll. I need some pointers. Empty Dodging with a Heavy Roll. I need some pointers.

Post by Rynn Thu May 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Topic says it all. Heavy Rolls have like 1 or 2 invincibility frames IIRC, and I need help figuring out how to adequately operate while heavy rolling. Anyone up to the task?

Also, does Karmatic Justice activate if you're blocking blows?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dodging with a Heavy Roll. I need some pointers. Empty Re: Dodging with a Heavy Roll. I need some pointers.

Post by Federally Thu May 10, 2012 5:14 pm

While having a fat rolling character my strategies usually involve avoiding rolling at all costs lol. Really if you have to dodge the tap O jump back has worked out the best for me. I don't really try and roll left or right
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dodging with a Heavy Roll. I need some pointers. Empty Re: Dodging with a Heavy Roll. I need some pointers.

Post by Rynn Thu May 10, 2012 5:16 pm

I am generally thinking of CSS and other spells that aren't worth blocking. I'm looking for tips on how to actually use the roll in these instances.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Unlock and run laterally
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu May 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Your best bet is to treat fat roll timing the same way you treat parrying; it needs to be just before or just as the attack would hit. But as Federally said, rolling should only be an emergency measure of defense, with your primary defense being blocking. That said, if you're not using a Greatshield that can block a high amount of all kinds of damage, you should probably change that.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu May 10, 2012 5:29 pm

Only roll magic and projectiles, rest is better to tank or block
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu May 10, 2012 5:58 pm

The thing i like about fat rolling is that you have longer to decide if you want to do a rolling attack at the end of the roll and alot of the time it throws the other persons timing off.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu May 10, 2012 6:53 pm

karmic justice can trigger from blocked hits, they just have to be around 4-5 in quick succession. as for fat roll dodge... i dunno.... but maybe you could use force to reflect those attacks....
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 10, 2012 7:08 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:karmic justice can trigger from blocked hits, they just have to be around 4-5 in quick succession. as for fat roll dodge... i dunno.... but maybe you could use force to reflect those attacks....
    FORCE! Thankyou, that will resolve all my issues.
    How fast does Karmatic Justice shoot off?
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu May 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Very fast, but it dosen't really do much damage. Basically, it's impossible to doge the after-blast, and it will break up stunlocks, but unless you have a ton of vit, then you will probably be dead by a stunlock before it sets off.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 10, 2012 7:15 pm

How many hits before it explodes? and how far apart can those blows be?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu May 10, 2012 8:52 pm

4-5 blows on average and they have to be within like a half second or less of each other possibly much less... it can also activate during bs's thus making it useless if they combo then bs you. as for the damage i think its actually on par with wog if youve got the same stats for it. i guess you could do testing with a friend with bare fists or something...
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 pm

ive done a littel bit of testing with karmic justice not much much but say if you get hit 5 times it will activate, or ive you get hit with an attack that should knock you down but you block it, then ti will activate, its very tempremental though (however you spell it) and its very hard to gauge when it will go off and ive had it go off many times just as ive been killed, 50 faith and ring of the suns first born and it will deal heavy damage like 900 maybe depends on defences,
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu May 10, 2012 10:22 pm

If your shield doesn't block 100% of the damage, it'll activate normally. If it blocks all of it, it doesn't activate. At least, that's what my testing yielded. The build up before "detonation" is only increased by hits that connect and do damage. The amount of damage is irrelevant. The number of hits is 4-5 in rapid succession, but even if you take them sporratically, it'll work. It's sort of like a bleed meter. So basically, you could turtle with the Grass shield for a while and it'll go off. That's how I tested it initially.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu May 10, 2012 10:24 pm

the main probelm i had with testing it was getting the "knockdown" attack to trigger it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 am