Demon Great Machete Question

neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Demon Great Machete Question

Post by neon__noodle on Thu May 10, 2012 10:59 am

I'm working on a toon and I'm still ironing out stat placements. I just wanted to know if the Demon Great Machete is worth the stat points. So far, I planned to cap my strength at 36 which would give me access to the Golem Axe, Large Club, MSGS, Butcher Knife and I could two hand the Grant (STR/FAI). Just wanted to know if anybody thinks the DGM is worth it. Thanks!

Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Re: Demon Great Machete Question

Post by RANT on Thu May 10, 2012 11:12 am

this is my leeroy build, 50str30fai and i love the DGM, check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_0YZDsQ8zM&list=UUatf8nLgoQPREj51pall--A&index=1&feature=plcp

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Thu May 10, 2012 11:12 am

Just use it in both hands, its useless in one anyways. Its stronger than the zwei but its shorter and easier to parry

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle on Thu May 10, 2012 11:14 am

Is it as slow as the zwei? Nice vid rant. Good endorsement.

Last edited by neon__noodle on Thu May 10, 2012 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Complimenting Rant)

Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu May 10, 2012 11:22 am

its my favourite weapon and its only easy to parry if you get too close to your opponent, try to stay far from them and do tha pokke attack, the best they can do is get a partial parry since they cant parrry the tip of it, damage depends on your oponents armor, ive gotten up to 1k of damage with those stats. it s just as slow as the zwei and will take some practice to get good at it, also try the clubs, the large club has the best move set out of all of them.

edit; ive actually gotten better with the DGM, i look at that video and dont really like what i see lol

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle on Thu May 10, 2012 11:50 am

Ha, alright thanks. I'm using the Large Club now at +10 and doing some pretty serious damage at level 51. It is pretty great.

Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu May 10, 2012 11:52 am

we should duel DGM vs DGM when your build is done.

FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu May 10, 2012 11:55 am

am i the only one who finds it odd the great club has more base dmg then the large club? i like the DGM but like others are saying its slow and has a learning curve. i use it without lock on most the time. but thats personal preference. does massive dmg well worth it, if your willing to learn to use it effectively
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle on Thu May 10, 2012 11:59 am

@rant - we will definitely duel. Give me some time to get my level up. I just got the Lordvessel on my first playthrough with this toon.

@FruitPunchNinja - Thanks for the input. I think the Great Club has more base damage because it's bigger than the large club. That thing is friggin huge, and easily punishable.

Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu May 10, 2012 12:04 pm

nah i think your mixing em up(dont blame you the titles for them are a bit confusing). the large club is the huge one you find in the corner of blighttown swamp and the great club you get from drops of those boulder rolling fat zombies.(i forget their official name lol) i personally like great club the best not only does it have slightly more dmg it had less stat req and inflicts poison.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu May 10, 2012 12:07 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:nah i think your mixing em up(dont blame you the titles for them are a bit confusing). the large club is the huge one you find in the corner of blighttown swamp and the great club you get from drops of those boulder rolling fat zombies.(i forget their official name lol) i personally like great club the best not only does it have slightly more dmg it had less stat req and inflicts poison.

the great club you find it in btown, the large ones are dops from the trolls.

Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd on Thu May 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Lol, I read this thread and I though "someone has jus summoned rant"....

I have been using it on my str build I like the roll r1 but I still don't get used to it being so big, I got used to the GC and DGH much faster, it's a good weapon but tricky.

FC for life!!!
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu May 10, 2012 3:04 pm

Yesuurd wrote:Lol, I read this thread and I though "someone has jus summoned rant"....

I have been using it on my str build I like the roll r1 but I still don't get used to it being so big, I got used to the GC and DGH much faster, it's a good weapon but tricky.

lol. yeah i love the demon great machete, i discovered about two weeks after the game came out, i was using the bkga(yeha i know but it was the first week the game came out and i heard it was a good weapon) when i tried it i was in love, +13 and it was already bette than the bk weapons so i just stuck with it, i have been praising it for a long time and noone even knew it was a good weapon. same with the msgs which got better after the patch, it has a B in str and got an A after the patch.

Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Thu May 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Why the DGM is easier to parry than Zwei if they have the same speed? The DGM scaling is so much better than Zwei in every way

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Thu May 10, 2012 5:05 pm

RantFromRant wrote:this is my leeroy build, 50str30fai and i love the DGM, check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_0YZDsQ8zM&list=UUatf8nLgoQPREj51pall--A&index=1&feature=plcp

lol how do you see past that damn thing? takes up like 2/3rds of the screen!

Obsessed

Post by Extertionist on Thu May 10, 2012 5:15 pm

It's not the best for a strength build.

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu May 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Extertionist wrote:It's not the best for a strength build.

theres no such thing as "best".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:39 pm