Venturing into Dks PVP for first time and have some questions.

CazzMatazz

Venturing into Dks PVP for first time and have some questions.

Post by CazzMatazz on Wed May 09, 2012 8:30 am

Hey everyone! First post on this forum.

After watching tons of Dks pvp-vids ive finally decided that it looks to fun not to be a part of it.

Though i have some questions about builds. Ive decided that i want to do a Oolacile/gmw build, they seem quite easy to make and i want to get into pvp as fast as possible. Plus i like the schenanigans with chameleon and hidden weapon.

The two build im standin beetween are:

Quality/Murakumo
    SL120 Pyromancer
    VIT: 47
    ATT: 12
    END: 40
    STR: 28
    DEX: 40
    RES: base
    INT: 15
    FAI: base

And:

Pyromancer - SL120
    Vit - 60 (50)
    Atu - 12
    End - 40
    Str - 40 (50)
    Dex - 16
    Res - 12
    Int - 15
    Faith - 8

The Quality builds strength seems to be the great library of weapons it can use including spears, katans, rapiers, avelyn and the murakumo(which i love)

The str build gets alot more Vit though, and seems to cope with mistakes better because of that. Mabye i could cut down the 16 dex to base, but it seems to open upp alot of weapons(washingpole and spears)

What build looks more solid to you oldtimers?
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Venturing into Dks PVP for first time and have some questions.

Post by Katakato on Wed May 09, 2012 9:32 am

In Dark Souls gear should also be considered in the build making.
    You can always sacrifice END for more VIT if you use RingOFAP & MaskOM.

Ill give you an example of my Murakumo build
    If you invest in DEX go for 45 since it really makes a difference in Pyro casting (Fireball & Firestorm especially) and also a few points in ATT (16 being ok since you have to invest more for additional slots)

As for STR builds i always go for some INT or FAI with my STR builds (i like spells to be a part of any build i make) mostly for weapon enchantment.

Also, true Quality builds have 40 STR/DEX & that's where Bastard, Claymore & Sunlight straight really shine, this build wrecks people

Hope this helps

Cheers !

Post by reim0027 on Wed May 09, 2012 9:33 am

I'd vote for the Mura build. 50-60 vitality is not necessary. Unless you use the MoM and RoFaP, there isn't much of a HP increase between 40 and 50. The quality build allows you to use many dex weapons, which, IMO are some of the most powerful weapons (vs Str).

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    CazzMatazz

Post by CazzMatazz on Wed May 09, 2012 10:29 am

Katakato wrote:In Dark Souls gear should also be considered in the build making.
    You can always sacrifice END for more VIT if you use RingOFAP & MaskOM.

Ill give you an example of my Murakumo build
    If you invest in DEX go for 45 since it really makes a difference in Pyro casting (Fireball & Firestorm especially) and also a few points in ATT (16 being ok since you have to invest more for additional slots)

As for STR builds i always go for some INT or FAI with my STR builds (i like spells to be a part of any build i make) mostly for weapon enchantment.

Also, true Quality builds have 40 STR/DEX & that's where Bastard, Claymore & Sunlight straight really shine, this build wrecks people

Hope this helps

Cheers !

Thanks for the answer

Is there really that big difference in casting speed between dex 45 and 40?

The strength build uses the GMW buff with oolacile catalyst. I was thinking of using the CMW buff, but the increased INT you need for it just seems a waste if you dont plan to use the other spells that much. So Oolacile seems like a way to get a budget-buff without having to dump alot of stats into INT or FAITH.
    Also from what ive seen spells other than buffs dont seem that effective in pvp besides some cheap WoTP and WoG-spam... which i dont really want to use.

The thing ive been thinking of the most is if the quality-build gives upp the one big strenght of the Oolacile-build(if you dont need to invest loads of points into INT or FAITH, you have stats over to pump your main stat and VIT) by putting points in both STR and DEX. Is the Murakumo worth it?

Last edited by CazzMatazz on Wed May 09, 2012 11:03 am; edited 3 times in total
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 09, 2012 10:33 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHfPcu_B0nQ
    Shows the casting difference.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Thu May 10, 2012 1:13 am

That video is awesome!

Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato on Thu May 10, 2012 2:41 am

CazzMatazz wrote:Is the Murakumo worth it?

The biggest beef i have with STR weapons is that when you eventually get down to low HP it's hard to finish them off since they will start running and dodging your attacks quite easily but with the Murakumo build you already have 40ish DEX so all those fast weapons are available.

Yes, the Murakumo is worth it, it's still pretty slow but it dead angles beautifully, has great range, stun lock properties and looks damn kewl.

If you do go STR invest at least some points in DEX so you can wield some elemental DEX weapons.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real on Thu May 10, 2012 3:45 am

Every serious PvP build should have either Ring of Favor and Protection or Dark Wood Grain Ring. There is an exception for more spell focused builds though. Just my two cents! happy
    CazzMatazz

Post by CazzMatazz on Thu May 10, 2012 4:10 am

Thanks for the answers guys/girls, helps alot.
    Im going with the Murakumo:

mugenis4real wrote:Every serious PvP build should have either Ring of Favor and Protection or Dark Wood Grain Ring. There is an exception for more spell focused builds though. Just my two cents! happy

Thats the two rings i had in mind yes.

And for weapons im planing:
    Murakumo +15 (Main wep)
    Iaito +15
    Balder Side Sword +15
    Claymore +15
    Washing Pole +15
    Great Scythe +15
    Estoc +15
    Rapier +15
    Demon Spear +15
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real on Thu May 10, 2012 4:18 am

Demon's Spear can only +5, not 15. It also can't be enchanted.

I'm glad you listed the Balder Side Sword, it's a fantastic weapon if you can manage to farm one, the Claymore is a nice weapon as well. Both fitting for your RH2 beside your Murakumo. One might suspect your not actually new to PvP at all tongue
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Thu May 10, 2012 4:43 am

The Iato is pretty awesome, the move set is great and its one of the few weapons with an R2 that's really good and easy to land at will. The Chaos Blade +5 is also damn good if you run around with a lot of humanity.

Post by CazzMatazz on Tue May 15, 2012 8:42 am

Heyya again guys/girls!

New build in the works, what do you think?

http://tinyurl.com/6wldupn
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Tue May 15, 2012 8:47 am

I'd use this mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=321686388
    If you have 40 int you should make use of sorcery not miracles. Those points are better off in dex for faster casting speed. I would've picked CMW as a spell but I dont think that works with that sword.

CazzMatazz

Post by CazzMatazz on Tue May 15, 2012 9:00 am

DoughGuy wrote:I'd use this mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=321686388
    If you have 40 int you should make use of sorcery not miracles. Those points are better off in dex for faster casting speed. I would've picked CMW as a spell but I dont think that works with that sword.

The int is for MLGS, it is worth the 40 int alone. Great moveset, great stuns and great chipdamage. The rapier is there for ppl that use GMB.
    One big plus with these weapons is that i do NOT use CMW(Dont get me wong, great buff), so i dont get dodged for 60seconds in the begining of every duel.

The problem with sorceries is that in my experience they dont work against good(decent) players.
    Miracles on the other hand work wonders, and they dont need dex... not WoG atleast.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Tue May 15, 2012 9:32 am

Def change to the Canvas Talisman. It has a slightly higher Magic Adjust than the Thorolund. I like my Faith at 30 too, to max the efficiency of the Canvas Talisman. Maybe drop 2 from Vit?

And, I think a Chaos Rapier would be stronger than a lightning rapier, for most armor set ups.

Rollo-9

Post by Rollo-9 on Tue May 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Your quality build is really solid imo, almost exactly as I'd build it. Though I'd personaly try for dex 45 if possible, since i like offhand pyro, but you can 1hand muro, so yeah gr8 toon.

Post by CazzMatazz on Tue May 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Thanks Rollo, its been working really well. The only problem is my own skill silly

Ok, i have a third one in the pipline.
    What do you guys/girls think?

http://tinyurl.com/7e7x43j

Also ive been thinking about a Faith BKGA build, with WoG´s and stuff. Anyone ever tried this? Doable?
    Like a faith-build without the buffs.
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc on Tue May 15, 2012 3:04 pm

That last build is similar to one I was going to do. With that, you can drop the dwgr for havels and fully deck out in black iron +5. Great poise, great defense, and you still get a solid mid roll out of it. You can pretty much stunlock through shields when two handing the msgs and if they hit you while swinging, they pay dearly for it because you tank it and destroy them. It gives you alot of error room.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:11 pm