Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
dancash1808
DoughGuy
TehInfamousAmos
Bamjam
mofomey
AHS DaNiTh
Ecko
Majikero07
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DamageCK
billy_bayonet
FattyOfDoom
FruitPunchNinja
Maneater_Mildred
RANT
Seenblack
Quarik
21 posters

Duel Stories

Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Duel Stories Empty Duel Stories

Post by Quarik Wed May 09, 2012 5:14 am

Post all of your fun duel stories.

I was just hosting in the burg with an SLB Ricard's, and I had some fantastic duels. One against Railage ended in a joust type of thing using the rapier sprinting r1. Pretty epic...
    Seenblack
    Seenblack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Duel Stories Empty Re: Duel Stories

Post by Seenblack Wed May 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Earlier today I invaded someone who was wielding two katanas and in 0 poise armor, every time either of us would get close to death we would step back and heal so the battle could start anew. After about 10 minutes I was out of heal casts and him Flasks so we made sure we were at full health and we went at it.

After a bunch of roll Attacks, parry fails, and running attacks we were each down to the skin of our teeth, we ran towards each other, and with one small move to the right and a running Darksword strike, my Honourable opponent had fallen. Twas an amazing fight and I was very happy to have come out victorious.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Nice. Clutch victories are incredible satisfying.

I had a duel yesterday on my SL30 invading in Sens, and we're fighting on a walkway. Unfortunately, he hadn't killed the firebomber and I guess he thought it couldn't hit him where he was, so he got hit as he was bowing and then backed off of the edge. He sent me a message later: "Well, that was embarrassing." Twas the most fun I've had in a while. We had a few good duels later though.

Incidentally, is a Fire Claymore +5 acceptable for Sens, or should I use a G. Halberd +5?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed May 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Quarik wrote:Nice. Clutch victories are incredible satisfying.

I had a duel yesterday on my SL30 invading in Sens, and we're fighting on a walkway. Unfortunately, he hadn't killed the firebomber and I guess he thought it couldn't hit him where he was, so he got hit as he was bowing and then backed off of the edge. He sent me a message later: "Well, that was embarrassing." Twas the most fun I've had in a while. We had a few good duels later though.

Incidentally, is a Fire Claymore +5 acceptable for Sens, or should I use a G. Halberd +5?

yeah, you can get the large ember beofre going to sens, you can do a suicide run but if you survive just homeward out.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed May 16, 2012 6:20 pm

Fire is ok for sens.

Ok this wasnt a duel but i thought it was funny so will share.

I invade as a DM in Btown. Run over to the fire and peak around the corner. Half way up the sewer pipe i see the host and 2 sunbros waiting. So i step into the middle where they can see me and bow. They start taunting me so i DMB buff. When they see this all 3 pulled out tridents and started to dance. I think oh great while i 2hand my washing pole and charge for the host. So i get 2hits in before they finish there dance so the host panicks and turns to run. BS win. cheers
    Seenblack
    Seenblack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seenblack Wed May 16, 2012 6:36 pm

I've had a few Fights where i BS'd a running host while his summon(s) were chasing me. It's actually fun because in the back of my mind, Benny hill is playing his amazing sax. Good times, Good times.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed May 16, 2012 6:45 pm

my most fun had lately has been with my sl30 smough invading sens and hosting burg. if someone doesnt underestimate the fact im slow and fat roll they will most likely kill me. but believe it or not most people see me fat roll and walking really slow and they think they got the fight in the bag. i obviously have base vit and end seeing as im a sl30 smough.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed May 16, 2012 6:47 pm

We were in Sen's, we both used rapiers with the axe's swinging at us. But then I swap my weapon and kick my opponent into the axe, then he was hot onto the bridge below, then, with all my might, I drop attacked him big grin I then bowed over his evaporating body cheers
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed May 16, 2012 6:56 pm

kicking someone of a cliff at teh forest they gimme hate mail i reply THIS IS SPARTAAAAA
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed May 16, 2012 7:09 pm

A +15 weapon or +5 chaos weapon are fine also. You can get both before going through Sen's.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed May 16, 2012 7:16 pm

that thing you said about a joust just gave me an idea... boar helm pike running r1 joust contest... do this in a narrow corridor with just enough room that you can dodge but its close, the upgrade path of the pike is up to the user, do this until a tear stone ring activates (blue id guess) then you switch to your regular weapons and duke it out medieval style.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Wed May 16, 2012 7:25 pm

I have some success on doing a grenadier setup in the burg. Lightning avelyn as my gun and my pyro hand as bombs. I can only manage 3 or 4 shots but it makes a good lure to GC range. Sometimes I shoot into my fireball smoke if they roll backward or forward. Good god is it expensive to use lightning bolts.

I also fought a Mildred cosplay today. I'm pretty sure it's not the Mildred here.
    Ecko
    Ecko
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ecko Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:25 am

I searched for this thread just to tell this story which I thought was pretty funny.

I got invaded in Tomb of Giants while I was trying to rescue Rhea. I don't know what the phantom was doing the whole time, but I managed to completely clear out the area she's in of enemies and get back to the bonfire before he popped up. I saw him coming and immediately activated my replenishment, then saw to my great joy as he got closer that he was using a Gravelord sword. So I held up my shield and, somewhat predictably, he slashed at me until I was toxified and almost all of his stamina was gone.

The part I found funny was that the replenishment completely negated the toxin and he basically just wasted his stamina. Then it was my turn, I whipped out my pyro flame and used great combustion on him. The second hit left him with no stamina and flailing backward from trying to block it. Two more hits and he was dead. XD
    AHS DaNiTh
    AHS DaNiTh
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AHS DaNiTh Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:01 am

Best match for me was a 3v1 match in the kiln...I immediately ran to the cliffs and over to the black knight which they ran to, I beat one 2 death and back stabbed the other off the cliff, then as the host started to run away and fell off the cliff with full health. Sent them all an "Well that was kinda sad" message, the responces were priceless as i got 3 messages back XD
    mofomey
    mofomey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by mofomey Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:29 am

i invade into anor londo. guy all alone just finishing fight with first gargoyle. i wait, he charges. i think oh yeah BS comin in, so i back pedal.
    im rockin my leo and bss soo.... Bamm r2 for huge dmg.
    then i back pedal again....he is still chargin for bs. smash r2 again big hit.. i think , ha i got em now. one more of those, you looooose.
    I remember the whole no bs on the rotating bridge video, stoked.
    him fishin so hard for BS. im still backpedalling. smirking as i back up to lure him into his own no back stab demise... He stops the chase..... i think "why he no chasing me anymo...........ahhhhhhhhhhh... the bridge was still up. damn."you died" my favorite duel death yet.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:19 am

Had a nice duel yesterday in the forest. I was solo hosting like i always do on my new mage build and killed like 12 hunters already, they were all pretty bad till i met this one guy. He was a beast, used his murakumo with great skill and we had a nice fight going on. Both of us where at like 50% HP when another hunter sneaks up on me and BS me with a buffed bandits knife for the ohko... Then the guy who i was fighting walks to the other hunter, does the point forward to him and then the point down. I send him a msg to thank him for the laugh, i was really drunk and loved the emoted he did on that guy lol. Its good to see there are still good and fair fighting hunters out there after all those gangbangs i had from them lately.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:26 am

Not a duel story - but I had a little chuckle at a rage message I got after killing a DB Spammer - he used 15 DB's so I swapped my DWGR for the HR and put SLB on my Murakumo. I proceeded to OHKO BS him and messaged him "Please do not spam divine blessings - especially considering they are dupe glitched... I wouldn't have used the Hornet ring if you hadn't healed."

his reply was comical xD "I chose to cause ur a beech... and u ko my character not me panzy. leave me da f**k alone like fo shizzle. U hit me up first."

My reply was "Okay, so I am a type of tree, thank you for the information. However I believe you spelt Pansy wrong, but I do not take offence from being called a flower.

Good day gentleman."

xD
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:29 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:that thing you said about a joust just gave me an idea... boar helm pike running r1 joust contest... do this in a narrow corridor with just enough room that you can dodge but its close, the upgrade path of the pike is up to the user, do this until a tear stone ring activates (blue id guess) then you switch to your regular weapons and duke it out medieval style.
    Check my sig lol
    Why did billy get a -1?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:34 am

Wait, amos you got called a pansy :O I got called a pansy by a blessing popper and we are on different systems :O (although this one justified it cause I stunlocked him :suspect: )
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:35 am

Me and jovias like to duel at sl 80. And it’s really fun when you fight +15 times in a row and remember each other tactics and try to find counter to them.
    Ecko
    Ecko
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ecko Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:30 pm

I was invading sinners in Ariamis today and got enough souls to level my faith to 18. I thought "Hey, it'd be good to equip Tranquil Walk of Peace in case I get outnumbered."

Then the VERY next person I invaded had a white phantom and a Sunbro with him. I activated TWoP and rolled past the two phantoms, then behind the host and backstabbed him for a one hit kill. :/
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:53 am

Well... Forest, 20 flasks, 20 humanity, fist chain bsing - see what we can make out of this situation xD Basically I managed to make a host in the forest use 20 humanity and flasks - I poisoned him with poison TK's after he used the 20th humanity - dung pied and made him toxic, cured my toxic and this was where the 20 minute chain bs began... Yeah - I chain bs'ed someone for 20 minutes, through the majority of the forest.
    and it killed them... with my fist twisted
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:56 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Well... Forest, 20 flasks, 20 humanity, fist chain bsing - see what we can make out of this situation xD Basically I managed to make a host in the forest use 20 humanity and flasks - I poisoned him with poison TK's after he used the 20th humanity - dung pied and made him toxic, cured my toxic and this was where the 20 minute chain bs began... Yeah - I chain bs'ed someone for 20 minutes, through the majority of the forest.
    and it killed them... with my fist twisted

...How bad do you have to be to be unable to escape a Chain BS for 20 straight minutes?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:59 am

pretty bad xD - he didn't understand that if he stood still I couldn't chain bs him xD
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:09 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:pretty bad xD - he didn't understand that if he stood still I couldn't chain bs him xD

Heck, even if he had never been chained before, I would think he would have eventually tried enough stuff to have gotten away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am