best fix for backstabs.

Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Re: best fix for backstabs.

Post by Shkar on Wed May 09, 2012 2:12 am

Honestly, I think the only change you could honestly expect to get in this game BS wise is either a ring that reduces backstab damage, or them reducing the critical damage on Large weapons. Asking them to go through and revamp the code may not even be possible, depending on how they set-up the game.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro on Wed May 09, 2012 2:39 am

How about option C
    wearing a shield on you're back !!!
    Allways found it strange that someone with a bandits knife could pierce a havels shield :x

Ghosts sit around the campfire telling Chuck Norris stories

Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar on Wed May 09, 2012 2:42 am

sunbro wrote:How about option C
    Allways found it strange that someone with a bandits knife could pierce a havels shield :x

That seems like it would be possible, but I have no idea how it's coded. Depending on how they set it up, they may not be able to make changes like that.

For example, if a halo game were to get new weapons in DLC, they could only be used in future maps. The way they set it up makes it impossible to add it to past levels without completely re-downloading those.
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Wed May 09, 2012 2:52 am

sunbro wrote:How about option C
    No. People always bring up this suggestion, and I always hated it. What about all those people who slap the GCS on their back for the stamina regen bonus? You think they should get a backstab damage diminishing bonus as well? Not to mention you need to use a shield for it to block, which drains your stamina, can be guard-broken, and can be dead-angled. Could you guard-break a shield on someone's back? Would it drain stamina? It couldn't be dead-angle backstabbed, that's for sure. As much as I'm against backstabbing in general, I think this solution would cause a lot more problems than it would fix.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos on Wed May 09, 2012 3:02 am

Jus'sayin instead of a BS - Large weapons eg; Zwei etc should instead of the grab bs be able to hamstring you - this reduces your opponents movement speed for 30 seconds but it just does the normal damage of the weapon - no multiplier

For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 09, 2012 3:09 am

But then you'd have people using that to hamstring then switch out to BK for a BS. Itd be like allowing melee only people to use TWOP extra.

TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos on Wed May 09, 2012 3:13 am

hmm - it would be too complicated to implement also - I was thinking not as much speed reduction as TWoP - more like the BT Swamp speed reduction divided by 2... and I was thinking perhaps Dex weapons uhhh cannot backstab - only riposte although they get more damage when they strike from behind eg 2x damage from behind that would make it actually worse... aye just disregard what I typed

For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato on Wed May 09, 2012 3:37 am

How about they make that Backstabs 1st drain your Stamina instead of your HP than go for HP after the stamina has been depleted ?

Ok, say you have 160 stamina & 1500 HP, someone back stabs you for lets say 1000dmg.
    You 1st loose 160 stamina witch could be valued as 480hp (1 stamina = 3hp?) & than you suffer HP loss for the rest of the BS damage resulting in you loosing 520 hp instead of 1000.

Ofc if you were swinging your weapon, rolling or doing something else that drained your stamina before you got BS-d you would get more HP dmg.

Stamina as a shield for back stabs.

It may be a dumb (illogical) solution but it would be simple to do and lower dmg on back stab fishing, pivot ect...

2. Make resistance give % back stab (or critical all together) dmg reduction ?

I am 1st in line to nerf the Hornet ring but it would be great if something like this was implemented so for those that still want higher BS/Parry dmg can have it without it being game breaking.

Last edited by Katakato on Wed May 09, 2012 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 09, 2012 3:39 am

Thats how you make res useful, it applies to BSes!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:30 pm