Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
lextune
Majikero07
Wisp
7 posters

Gravelord greatsword dance casting speed?

Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Gravelord greatsword dance casting speed? Empty Gravelord greatsword dance casting speed?

Post by Wisp Mon May 07, 2012 7:05 am

Is it as fast as fire tempest (assuming both casted at 45 dex)
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Gravelord greatsword dance casting speed? Empty Re: Gravelord greatsword dance casting speed?

Post by Majikero07 Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 am

Tempest seems to have 2 seconds or less cast time at 45 dex. Never seen gravelord sword dance before. Does it pop out all at once or is it random like tempest? I fought someone who walked into the tempest dodging the flames and BS me.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Gravelord greatsword dance casting speed? Empty Re: Gravelord greatsword dance casting speed?

Post by lextune Mon May 07, 2012 4:01 pm

I haven't tested it, but I have used them both (more so Fire Tempest admittedly), and Tempest definitely feels faster.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 07, 2012 4:05 pm

gravelord greatsword dance and sword dance have a similar quality as firestorm/tempest, yet different... Gravelord miracles scale with the talisman used, as well as the gravelord rank (every +1 high, which stops at +3). Chaos Firestorm does not scale with humanity, if i remember correctly, so none of the pyro spells as simialr quality can scale, only with the glove.

The miracles spring up differently than the pillars: They can spring very clsoe to each other, almost inside each other, or separate from each other. It is more chaotic than the fire pillar spells, which is more ordered and usually do not overlap each other (unless in a closed space to disallow such spray).

The pillars are usually faster when a higher dexterity, although if not than the miracle is faster.

The only thing I do not know, is what kind of damage the swords do... magic or physical. Wish I remembered.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Mon May 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Thanks, really helpful.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon May 07, 2012 4:20 pm

I use it with 40 dex, still very slow...I don't know if dex increases its casting speed.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon May 07, 2012 4:22 pm

WyrmHero wrote:I use it with 40 dex, still very slow...I don't know if dex increases its casting speed.

It does. Maxing out at 45 Dex.

....and the difference between casting speeds really starts to show in those last few levels honestly.

But I am willing to bet that Tempest is notably faster than the Dance at 45 Dex.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Tempest is Faster

Sword Dance hurts a LOT more.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon May 07, 2012 6:54 pm

If you unlock and start spinning around when you cast it, it's harder to tell what you're doing. Makes the cast time a little easier to get around.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am