Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
WorldSlayerPIKA
Forum Pirate
Maneater_Mildred
TehInfamousAmos
ViralEnsign_
Shkar
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
12 posters

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment - Page 4 Empty Re: The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

Post by Shkar Sun May 13, 2012 12:25 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Jat from one of the View askewniverse movies?

Actually, I was going for Phil Ken Sebben from "Harvie Birdman: Attorney at Law".

For all I know, your guess was also correct though.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment - Page 4 Empty Re: The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

Post by WyrmHero Sun May 13, 2012 12:58 am

Damn you guys are great writers, it's a shame the Hand isn't a fluent writer. Also my imagination is very limited lol.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 1:30 am

Dont worry Wyrm, you have 3 guys writing for you. Im struggling to keep up as it is.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun May 13, 2012 1:58 am

I read a lot. I simply mimic and combine the writing styles I have read. I'm not terribly creative, just good at writing like someone who is would have.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun May 13, 2012 3:25 am

I try my best to create my peices from scratch. However my most recent style is very Lovecraftian.

"In the dim half light I scribble down the last findings that a great deal of my life has been dedicated to uncovering. I found them. The hunters of the Painted Lady. At last. It seems they had hidden themselves within a Painting in Anor Londo, the city of the gods. However upon arriving at the catedral in which the grand painting was housed I found no passage into the world of Ariamis. Thus I resolved to approach those who went to and from the strange scene. Of the few I saw I found that none were as approachable as I had initially theorised. Dragon Half breeds, Chaos Worshippers, Traitorous Knights, and more besides. However there was one, a knight with a great white tower emblazoned on his shield that seemed passive enough for my tastes.... I was wrong on that account. the knight was just as dedicated to the Painted Lady as the others. He bared his steel at me until I convinced him of my intentions. He vowed to tell the Hand of Priscilla of my studies and perhaps then allow me entrance to the strange world beyond the canvas..."

Excerpt from the Prologue of Hammen the Scale's Journal, A record of my Studies into Ariamis.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 7:35 am

Wll if we;re doing prologues
    "It was a cool summers day when the rider arrived for me. I had already made my decision. Oscar II himself had chosen me for my skills and i would not disappoint the Knight, not after all he has done for Astora. The following book and the books that follow it recount the story of Oscar II and his Order of Noble Knights as they embarked on their quest through Lordran. Their goal, to free Lordran from the corruption that plagued it. The road was not easy, it was filled with sadness and loss, but victory and hope. Though many of you know how this ends i will not ruin it for you know. For in your reading you may find your view of the events chnaged, some victories turn into losses, and some losses ... into victories."

Preface to
    Farel Gharllen's "The war to retake Lordran - Part I"

The last line may seem a but strange however I already have Oscar II's lore planned out and know how I want it to finish.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun May 13, 2012 8:06 am

"Of the myriad creatures I saw in the Painted World none were more sobering than the engorged hollows that filled the halls. Corrupted and bloated these poor miserable creatures roamed the keeps in silence. I had attempted to approach them but they always scattered before me. At times like these its tiring being a scholar, so few wish to reveal thier secrets or stories, though I resolve to persevere and to complete my one hundred and first tome and to end my exile. It was until that momment that I had onlt begin to imagine what the Painted Lady was like, but in an instant she was there beside me. Radient, and this does not do her justice, was all that I could do to describe her. Clad in white robes and carrying a massive scythe she descended on the central courtyard where I was slumped against the stone statue of the Maiden. Her features refined and elegant, supple hands grasped the scythe to her chest, though tenderly, her eyes belying a certain pity for the scattering hollows. She was definately not human, I could safely say, for in place of eyebrows she bore a row of scales, some of which descended down her face. Her eyes were a deep amber, or so I though for I could not look upon them, skin almost as pale as her snow white hair.."Stay you inqueries good sir" she asked, her voice gentle. I could not speak. Her prescence was divine, I simply nodded and bowed my thanks. And then she was gone her quiet footsteps padding down the long corridors.. In hind sight allowing her to leave without asking any questions was amatuerish indeed, something I have not done since I was a bumbling apprentice. Though I am not sure I have it in me to question such a lovely being."

Excerpt from Hammen the Scale's Journal, A Record of my Studies into Ariamis

I'm beginning to get attached to Hammen, he now has his own story about how he was exiled from the Dragon School and has to write one hundred and one tomes on Lordran before he can return. He crosses paths with Valinthor and introduces the young dragon to the Ancestoral Spirit within the Dragon Stone he possesses.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 8:12 am

I dont think i can say the same of Farel. He's more inclined to write pure truths with little embellishment. However i do have Oscar's speeches (which are in farel's books lol) to put a bit of emotion into his writing.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun May 13, 2012 8:18 am

Aye well I'll introduce some new characters to the Lore. Valinthor, Arrodach, Ild'Nys, and Laiirephadron (all of whom are Wyrms in one of my books Arrodach[de'nurn] being the one who makes his contract with Thane (the main character and half elf).

Not just them but Cairn and Avrik, as well as Ser Joran Letos of Whiterock by the Sea, and Ammalya and Rinslett the Twin Blades of the Rift's Wane.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun May 13, 2012 8:19 am

Um - hi, can I join the war?? Its Natalia - I would like to use my Ricard build - would I be able to fight for the knights or not? Also if not could I create a Lifehunter Build to play with you guys??
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 8:22 am

The Knights welcomingly accept freelance adventurers to join the fight. Just need your PSN and SL.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun May 13, 2012 8:22 am

Oh god Amos has lost it an thinks he has multiple personalities......

Dough is always willing to accept help. Especially on this one where he is woefully outnumbered.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun May 13, 2012 8:30 am

Viral - I am not schizophrenic - if I was it would be impossible to switch between personalities so quickly, I do recall having a pic of Natalia as my PP on the forum for a stage - however I changed it silly

I'm not sure if that part was sarcastic btw silly I hope it was. Anyway - what SL does a character have to be to get into the Noble Knights? Shall I just direct her to your thread?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun May 13, 2012 8:32 am

Lol if you met me you'd know I never take anything seriously..... not even... uh... really serious things.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 8:33 am

They can actually be any level since we are a co-op covenant. However Sls of 60-80 and 120 are best for events. Direct her to the thread too so she knows the armour sets and prestige too.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 14, 2012 6:16 am

Lol just realised that in the the lore intro I wrote "new recruits came flooding to him" and that since the war the Knights have doubled in number.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 14, 2012 6:52 am

So whats the deal with the Sentinel Knights you were introducing? Do tell good sir.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 14, 2012 6:55 am

They will be coming in the proper thread. i also have to discuss with the knight who had the idea if its still happening.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 14, 2012 7:20 am

Rats.... I dont want to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I want Avrik to come back NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But he won't so there. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 14, 2012 7:26 am

Nice profile pic. Are they from Magic: The Gathering? They remind me of it.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 14, 2012 7:28 am

I imagine most of mine have been from there. I'm trying to find the newest pic of the phyrexian collossus.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 14, 2012 8:05 am

Meant to mention I will be taking the bes bits of lore that pertain to the actual event and putting them in the Official thread when I make it. The writers will also receive +1s. So get cracking.
    @Viral that avatar didnt last long.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon May 14, 2012 11:18 am

Lore

Natalia Allant

Natalia Allant was one of the Knights that went into the deep fog - her father Ostrava fell hollow when realizing that his father - or what he had thought to be his father was an archdemon. Natalia struck this demon down and along with the Maiden in Black banished the Old One, A new Monumental was born into this world, the next activity of her was heard in the Noble country of Astora - she had been retraining under Ser Oscar II's watchful eye to become a Noble Knight, she didn't need this training due to her already combat readiness, so it was more of a proving that she had these abilities. Of course after hearing about the tyrant Avrik she realised that she would be cleansing a new demon from this world - the Gravesworn, she worked out that the painting concealed in Anor Londo was very similar to the archstones that she had been in contact with not so long ago - she informed Oscar that they could attack through this portal - and destroy the demons that lay within.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Yay my Character featured in your lore.
    heretic_86
    heretic_86

Post by heretic_86 Mon May 14, 2012 9:52 pm

just wondering how it all works before i sign on, it sounds like fun, but need to know more

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm