Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
WorldSlayerPIKA
Forum Pirate
Maneater_Mildred
TehInfamousAmos
ViralEnsign_
Shkar
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
12 posters

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment - Page 6 Empty Re: The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Nice clarification. Thank you.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment - Page 6 Empty Re: The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 12:05 am

It was shortly after Isaac re-emerged from the painted world with all 10 of his Sunlit Knights that Oscar called for me. I entered his war chamber to see he and Isaac pouring over what i assumed to be a battle plan. Upon my arrival They both looked up. "Ah, Farel, glad you could make it" Oscar said "Isaac has recovered from his mission and wishes to record the events in more detail, so the world know what we are up against".
    "My lord I would happily hear it." I could not believe it, a Grand Master would be telling me personally of his tale.
    "Meet me in my quarters in 15 minutes please Farel, I just need to finish up here".
    "Of course my lord."
    True to his word Isaac arrived within 15 minutes.
    "I guess I'll start from the moment after we entered"
    "Imagine you are a knight of the sun, used to its warmth and protection. Now imagine having that stripped away, perpetual night and biting cold. That is the land of the exiles, the painted world of Ariamis. I do not see how they can bear to live there. Death seems preferable to its conditions. Nevertheless we continued on. I can only thank Oscar for sending me there though. It gave my men a chance to acclimatise. We spent the first day hiding, being used to not having a sun, we couldn't fight. But on the second day we were ready. We emerged from their underground sewers and stole through the annex. From atop the annex we recorded troop positions, barriers and the like. All unseen. Then came our hardest test, to bring Oscar back evidence to prove the Sentinels were right. We saw hundreds of mutants, heretics and Gravesworn and though we wished to cleanse those chaos filth none were what we truly needed. It was only when I risked venturing into the central palace that we discovered them.. The crossbreeds. Filthy dragon things, human who have surrended themselves to the promise of power. However unlike them I had honour. I would not kill one while they slept. I moved my knights into their training arena where we hid until a group came to practice. Then we emerged, blocking the exits so they had to face us. Now let me tell you something. For all their power, their claws, their giants weapons, they die easily. I slew my first by plunging my blade into his chest, my second by removing his head. By then the rest were dead. 8 dragons dead in as many swings of a blade. These dragons are their ace in the hole. Their surprise weapon ... but they;re nothing. Oscar and the DragonSlayers will take them apart."
    I was amazed, shocked into silence. This man had slain 2 of our most feared foes. He was a legend.
    "It got harder after that" he continued "The sound of battle had been heard, the dying screams of the crossbreeds. We had to fight our way out, but we carved through them with ease. Few had the time to stand in our way and we ignored those who fled. We emerged victorious where none of them dared follow. And that's my story Farel. Grand enough for you.?"
    I think he saw the awe of my face because he simply patted me on the back and left."

Preface to Farel Gharllen's "The war to retake Lordran - Part II"
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 16, 2012 2:20 am

How am I better than you? At writing? I should hope so seeing as my goal is to be a best selling author.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 2:22 am

Hows the true chant for the scions coming along?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed May 16, 2012 2:30 am

Hey :'(
    What do you mean you don't like where the storys were going? Mine was the capture/rescue of a Commanding officer trying to re enter the pw while you occupied the building. Virals was an addition to it.

btw you had her captured for about 6 hours if you want to do anything with it feel free.

@viral, not the point. I suppose though I might not have property conveyed my half-joking tone.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 2:32 am

I don't like all my people dying. I would have questioned her. I mean that literally, no tortue just questioning. Obviously I get back nothing but its the thought that counts. She was probably about 2 hours off a public execution.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed May 16, 2012 2:43 am

Ah, I did try to mitigate that but I'd already established that she was in the great swamp and had to get back. I couldn't have her die but any commander worth the name would have guards posted at the painting 24/7 and she's not a stealther. Virals didn't kill anyone, just described the people I had to.

And I'm pretty sure you drew first blood with the decapitation lol.

Trying to save hundreds of fake lives lol. (more trying to prevent the "lore" becoming hostile or bitter, though I have a response if viral doesn't post a better one first)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 2:46 am

Maybe a little. I actually forgot about that until you posted. Had to dig back through to check who actually did it. Post your response if you want and spoiler it. That way we can pick the best.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed May 16, 2012 2:52 am

Yep. who started a fake war by killing an inconsiquenal, un-named person 1 1/2 weeks ago on a forum? I remember. Where my phone is or what I ate for lunch yesterday? not a clue. My memory is stupid.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 16, 2012 2:59 am

" From the top of the Annex building, the revenant figure clad in the rags of a once noble garment, sat watching. Surrounding him on all sides, silent now as if his will were an audible command, four score crows ruffled thier feathers and sharpened thier talons. Towering above them were the Crow Demon's thier pale bodies illuminated in the moons bright light, they too slient, watching. Avrik's eyes followed the progress of almost a dozen knights as they stole through the ruins of the Lower Annex and onto the great stone ramparts. He watched as they approached th guards on duty. The lead knight plunging his blade into the chest of an unsuspecting Halfbreed, then again as he remove the head of another Lifehunter. He made no move to help, nor to defend his comerades, nor to even raise the alarm. He watched as another hunter spotted the intruders and was speared quietly by another knight.

Let them see us, He thought, let them know our world.

We shall let them know the Murder soon enough."

A scene by the Painted Moon.

Last edited by ViralEnsign_ on Wed May 16, 2012 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 3:00 am

In all honestly if you didnt remember you could face the blame of a dozen angry anonymous internet people for starting a war where hundreds of fictional toons die. Whereas forgetting what you had for lunch is hardly going to get you blamed for anything.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 3:02 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:" From the top of the Annex building, the revenant figure clad in the rags of a once noble garment, sat watching. Surrounding him on all sides, silent now as if his will were an audible command, four score crows ruffled thier feathers and sharpened thier talon. Towering above them were the Crow Demon's thier pale bodies illuminated in the moons bright light, they too slient, watching. Avrik's eyes followed the progress of almost a dozen knights as they stole through the ruins of the Lower Annex and onto the great stone ramparts. He watched as they approached th guards on duty. The lead knight plunging his blade into the chest of an unsuspecting Halfbreed, then again as he remove the head of another Lifehunter. He made no move to help, nor to defend his comerades, nor to even raise the alarm. He watched as another hunter spotted the intruders and was speared quietly by another knight.

Let them see us, He though, let them know our world."

A scene by the Painted Moon.

I think you may be out of order Im afriad, if Avrik only entered when Forum's toon was freed. Isaac entered the world long before she was captured.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed May 16, 2012 3:08 am

When this is all done, we should order everything correctly. I've been very careful but it would be easy to get confused, esp if reading isn't a hobby
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 3:10 am

Well when i post the official thread on Saturday I'll be collecting the bits and putting them in order.
    Also if no one minds I'll be posting these all in my deviant art page (referencing authors though).
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 16, 2012 3:19 am

Tiem fluctuates in Lordran my dear Dough. though you are right.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 3:22 am

Is there another lifehunter that you could have? Like Plagius?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 16, 2012 3:24 am

Plagius would have gone ape **** on them.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 3:26 am

Well who else. Cant be rins toon, nor plagius, nor wyrm, nor forum. Who else in leadership is left? JK? I really liked the piece so I want it to be part of the lore.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 16, 2012 3:33 am

YEYUUUUUUUH!

Um what about Ser Joran Letos the Oathbreaker who betrayed the Noble KNights. I written about him before. He's ammoral enough for this scene.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 3:35 am

YES! That will work.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 16, 2012 4:13 am

I'll rewrite and change his position and the crows bit. That Avrik stuff.
    Medi_Pack
    Medi_Pack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Medi_Pack Wed May 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Can we still Join in on this? If so Medi_Pack 87(May level to 110)
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu May 17, 2012 12:29 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Plagius would have gone ape **** on them.

He's both the cruel and the crazy types of insane, so he is completely unpredictable. He could skin you alive; he could stare off into space; he could pull up a down mattress and cuddle with you, not even he knows.

So you guys can feel free to write him into all kinds of crazy situations. I'm going to do my best too do so, but if more people help out it will help build his story.

Also, I appreciate the statement Viral happy
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 17, 2012 2:01 am

Medi_Pack wrote:Can we still Join in on this? If so Medi_Pack 87(May level to 110)

Its still open. Its happening in 2 weeks. Ill be advertising it more when I put up the official thread.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 17, 2012 3:02 am

My Occult Paladin is almost ready. He will be SL 120 though. Sir Barristan Tyrell, the elite Paladin of Velka and sworn protector of Priscilla.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 am