Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Federally
Imarreteet23
Reaperfan
JoeBroski09
8 posters

I just beat the game!

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I just beat the game! Empty I just beat the game!

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat May 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Whoooo! I've had like 7 characters, I've gotten the lord vessel 3 times, and I've come close all those three times, until now. I finally decided to beat the game, and I was having a HUGE trouble with Gwyn doing the darned parry and repeat. As in, I got ONE parry in 30 tries. Not even kidding. But, good news, on this character, that one parry did over half his health. I freaked out because of the huge damage (didn't see the #, sorry) because I have 46 str, a +15 Demon's Greataxe, Hornet Ring, and The Power Within. I pretty much tried to stack my attack up enough so I wouldn't have to parry him too many times in a row. Sadly, I only got one.

BUT! I looked on youtube to see if there was ANY way to beat him without the parry and repeat, and I guess there is. So, being the tanking kind of player I am, I just tanked him.. Like a boss.

Here's my set-up.
    Demon's Greathammer +15, Normal Pyromancy Flame
    Greatshield of Artorias
    Mask of the Father, +4 Giant's Chest, Havel's Gauntlets, +5 Giant Leggins
    Havel's Ring, Ring of Favor and Protection.

Stats:
    http://darksouls.itsthatguy.com/?c=QmFuZGl0LDc1LDIyLDEwLDQwLDQ2LDEwLDExLDgsMTA=

I feel SOOOO good right now! I just wanted to share XD. I had to farm to get more Vitality because he'd 2 shot me. Plus, everyone's sayin End is more important, and HECK YES 40 endurance helped, but only once when I let it go down. Power Within has the same effect as Grass Blossom, and I had medium weight with this set-up. Only reason I let my End go SO far down was because I was kinda freaking out in the middle because I had him at half health, so I was clenching L1 haha!

Anyway.... Super happy XD. Wish my Black Magic Intensity Pro freaking worked with laptops, or I would have been recording that! (I don't own a PC with USB 3.0... yet. *Lautrec Laugh*)

EDIT: Only sad news is... I didn't RP this character at ALL. Only RPG character I've ever not RP'ed. So I have no idea what ending I want... Or, rather, my character wants.

EDIT#2: I chose the walk-out ending. What the heck. My character is literally called "Smash" he just wants to smash stuff. Dumb guy just running around killin stuff. That's his personality.

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Sun May 06, 2012 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

I just beat the game! Empty Re: I just beat the game!

Post by Reaperfan Sun May 06, 2012 12:08 am

Congrats on your first time beating the game! It'll only get easier from here happy

Though I am interested in where you found this Dragon Greathammer...I know there's a Demon Greathammer, but I've never heard of a Dragon one silly
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 12:09 am

... I get words mixed in my hea- I'm going to correct it now.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun May 06, 2012 12:56 am

Hey man, congrats! The first time I beat the game, I cried a little (I'm the biggest nerd out there). The reason being that I was so happy to have finally beaten the game, but also sad to have finished my epic journey. So rejoice!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 1:03 am

The sad thing is I beat this on my 3rd GOOD character. I could have easily done this with my first good character (pyromancer) who has a lightning G.Halberd. Or I could have beaten it on my main RP character, a Dex based gal who only cares about her own well being. But no. I beat it on the character I just want to get to 120. Sad... But oh well. I wish I could have beat it on my first character, but my first few were pretty embarrassing... But it would have been a REAL adventure. I was EXPLORING the game my first few. Sadly.. I rarely can stick with my first character in most RPG's because I mess them up, and start over. Thus making each new character less of an adventure, until I get it right.. and I have the entire game figured out. DkS is the only game I feel sad about this kind of playstyle.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun May 06, 2012 5:59 am

Congratulations. I'm currently suffering through Tomb of The Giants but hope to be where you are eventually.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 6:01 am

Good luck man! Those giant dogs can be a piece of piss!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun May 06, 2012 6:04 am

Yeah I've had more trouble falling off things and accidentally attacking Npcs then I have actually dying to mobs lol.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 6:05 am

What's your source of light?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun May 06, 2012 6:28 am

Skull lantern. Was working great till I got kicked down that hole and stumbled into an npc and attacked when I shouldn't have. Let her and her friends kill me so hopefully they won't be so mad when I get back lol
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 6:31 am

Ooooh, man. Tough luck. They're undead, so her friends WILL kill you. She won't, though. Unless you attacked her. I don't know what kind of monster you'd have to be to attack her...
    Btw, You want any vague help?
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun May 06, 2012 6:32 am

Federally wrote:Congratulations. I'm currently suffering through Tomb of The Giants but hope to be where you are eventually.

'Suffering' is the exact word for ToG and it's taken to a whole new dimension in new game+. I ran away.

Tip: The Cast Light spell is ace for this area because it means you don't have to equip the Skull Lantern. I think Dusk of Oolacile sells it if I remember rightly. Either that or the Sunlight Maggot helm.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 6:34 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:Btw, You want any vague help?
    Hahaha! You might want to use this sentence before giving some help there, buddy. winking
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun May 06, 2012 6:43 am

Vague help, yes! I didn't attack her on purpose (still don't know who she is) but it was dark I was breaking some objects and just hit her by accident. Apparently one hit from Iato +15 is enough to tick her off. I just hope she won't be angry anymore when i make it back.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 6:45 am

My vague help was already given. Go to Demon Ruins first. Second, if you want a bit more help that actually should be known if you went down from the first bell tower, the Bishop of Velka down where you fought the Gargoyle relieves Sin. I.E., he makes NPC's you attacked not angry with you. Takes like 25k souls, though.

And if you talked to all the people around Petris, the priest by Firelink, before he left, you should know who she is. If you didn't, she may introduce herself after you resolve your sin at the bottom of the first belltower.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun May 06, 2012 6:49 am

Oh I know who she is now. Sadly she is dead now, I died too much in ToG to spend 25k making her more understanding of my mistakes! So her and her friends are finished, tho i died quite promptly after to 4 giant skeletons maybe it was karma lol.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 6:51 am

Haha. But seriously. Going through Demon Ruins first = Not having to use a lantern.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun May 06, 2012 6:53 am

I did demons ruins already. I just forgot that sunlight maggot helm existed until you guys reminded me. Got it on now!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 6:55 am

Good! Now you can have your shield out... and not attack NPC's haha! I tried ToG without any maggot helm at first... I died SO fast. I HAD to look up how to have a lightsource without any spells.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun May 06, 2012 6:57 am

Umm... Federally, your avatar says it all. Speaking of fail characters though, my very first char was dexy. Just dex. Low int, low vit, low end, low fth, 20 str to use the dragon bow (didn't know that it had the slow plant animation), and 65 dex. Oh, and 35 res. WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 7:00 am

Haha! I'd have to load up my old character to see the stats, but I did a mix of Vit, End, and Resistance. As a tank. I used the drake sword too much. Just toooooo much. Quelaag was where I got stuck... Twice. I gave up on DkS for a few months, then a friend recently started playing again, and now I can't stop now that I'm GOOD at it. Idk what changed. I just simply looked at the stats again, and looked a little deeper into the weapon system, and voila. I beat the game XD.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun May 06, 2012 7:07 am

I've said it before, but I'll say it again (that's what I do). Experience is the easy mode for Dark Souls. Even though I never made it past Anor (beat O&S, stopped afterwards) on my first char, when I played through on my second character I had a greater understanding of stats, movesets, bosses, and enemies. Even when I got into the Gold Fog areas I was better than I might've been if I'd continued #1, because I had that much more experience with other enemies (and let's be honest, there are only x amount of ways an enemy can behave).
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 7:10 am

Yeah. Making multiple characters is the fastest way to get experience in the game's mechanics. I just wish I had beat the game with my FIRST. Ya know? That awesome feeling of adventure and awesomeness you get the the FIRST all the way through the entire game? Idk if I could stand the frustration, but the elation at the end of the game would make cry a little.
    Animaester
    Animaester

Post by Animaester Mon May 07, 2012 12:07 am

Congrats on completing your first game! I wish you the best of luck in NG+. Pretty much the only difference in NG+ is that all enemies are much stronger than before. Congrats again!
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon May 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Quarik wrote: WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME!
    Hehe... I felt that way going back to my original character after about 80+ hours of play.
    Dragon Greatsword and pyromancer starting armour. I had 50 str and the rest of my stats were spread pretty much equally between end int and faith (not using spells though so wasted points)
    Could not even work out how to fight with it again for a little while!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 am