Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
WorldSlayerPIKA
Reaperfan
Nccbd
Azran
JoeBroski09
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Yesuurd
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
Darkson
Johannsny
Green__Eagle
FattyOfDoom
Forum Pirate
trinitarian
20 posters

is there a guide thats like a "Dark Souls for Dummies" cause i need it.

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

is there a guide thats like a "Dark Souls for Dummies" cause i need it. - Page 2 Empty Re: is there a guide thats like a "Dark Souls for Dummies" cause i need it.

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri May 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Meh. Lucky. I had the drake sword alllll the way until I got stuck at Blighttown. I didn't bother with trying to upgrade other weapons once I got my drake sword. Before that, though, I upgraded my Halberd and battle axe to +3 and they would 1-shot. But the drake sword one shot BETTER haha!
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

is there a guide thats like a "Dark Souls for Dummies" cause i need it. - Page 2 Empty Re: is there a guide thats like a "Dark Souls for Dummies" cause i need it.

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Fri May 04, 2012 1:22 pm

Do what you want, have fun, not what people are telling you is fun.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri May 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Someone should for serious make a thread or something that explains the basics of the game without any spoilers. Like how to lock on, and what each stat means, and to look at the stats on the RIGHT when you look at a shield. Stuff like that without any tips as to what you SHOULD do.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri May 04, 2012 3:22 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:Someone should for serious make a thread or something that explains the basics of the game without any spoilers. Like how to lock on, and what each stat means, and to look at the stats on the RIGHT when you look at a shield. Stuff like that without any tips as to what you SHOULD do.

I second this idea. I would love to do it myself, but I think a person with more playthroughs under its belt would do better. I can try though.

Also, if the OP wants to play with a guide, so be it. There is nothing worse than get frustrated with a game, especially when that frustration comes from the lack of explanations or directions. The feeling of wonder and surprise gets a hit, yes, but there is a BIG difference between beinmg told how to fight O&S and being there fighting them.
    Animaester
    Animaester

Post by Animaester Fri May 04, 2012 6:29 pm

You can check out my Dark Souls walkthrough on Youtube if need be. I pretty much get almost all items throughout the main storyline.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Animaester/featured
    Hope that helps and enjoy!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri May 04, 2012 7:24 pm

i agree that you payed for the game so look up whatever you want, but with this game that does suck the fun out of it. It seems like a lot of people buy a game and just look up a walkthrough on youtube right away, that seems extremely boring to me. When i talk to some of my friends they're like "you arent done with the game yet i beat it in a couple days" but they just have a laptop next to them holding their hands the whole way.

i remember when i was in 4th grade and played FF8(my first rpg) it took me till i was in 5th grade to understand it but i love rpgs now they're my favorite game genre. if i was able to look up a walkthrough video on the internet back then i most likely would not have enjoyed it as much or not gotten into rpgs. FF8 and MGS were the first two games i beat all on my own with no help what so ever and i think that was for the best. Oh and when pokemon became big when i was in 5th grade i was fcking pro since that game was less complicated so i had all the best pokemon in the game before anyone else.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm