Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
bloodpixel
billy_bayonet
Pargar-theGreat
Rynn
his1n-
Eolan
reim0027
WyrmHero
Entergluttony
13 posters

Parry one hit kill build

Entergluttony
    Entergluttony
    Casual
    Casual

Parry one hit kill build Empty Parry one hit kill build

Post by Entergluttony Thu May 03, 2012 1:23 am

I had this idea for this build it might look rediculus but do you guys/girls think that this might be good to use??? unfortunaetly i wanted the hornet ring t also the drk wood grain ring any sugestion about the build???
    Entergluttony
    Entergluttony
    Casual
    Casual

Parry one hit kill build Empty Re: Parry one hit kill build

Post by Entergluttony Thu May 03, 2012 1:24 am

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=326783009 lol i forgot to put the link in
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 1:38 am

If you start as bandit you lower the SL to SL 119. Why SL 125?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu May 03, 2012 1:45 am

I'm not sure about the parry damage of the DGA. But, it probably won't be a OHK for many builds. It will deal massive damage though. I don't want to be on the receiving end of that parry.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 1:47 am

With Hornet's on I think he will OHKO many guys.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu May 03, 2012 1:54 am

I'd love to see that AR of that riposte. I'm really curious. Another option would be to add Power Within for an additional 40% boost.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 2:07 am

LOL buffed with pine resin.
    Entergluttony
    Entergluttony
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Entergluttony Thu May 03, 2012 3:50 am

you guys can suggest anything??? by the way the reason i chose so much end was to higher the equickload in order to have enough poise but this be able to carry the weapon(which is damm heavy)
    ps. do you think that medium roll is enough since i have to parry not attack
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu May 03, 2012 9:08 am

I am currently playing that build. I use the oarrying dagger and the bandit knife, both at +15.

I buff the bandit knife with crystal magic weapon and i have 50 int 50 dexterity (im still level 80 i have literally put no points elsewhere) i can parry for a round 1900 to a few people. I use hornet ringf and bellowing dragon crest and i one shot anyone i parry.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 11:10 am

I don't know if medium roll is good for parrying. Lower End to 40 or 35, it's enough for medium rolling and carrying the weapon. Maybe target shield. Start as Bandit and the rest to Vit or Str.
    Entergluttony
    Entergluttony
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Entergluttony Thu May 03, 2012 12:28 pm

naww i dont know i think i am good at parry but i like the idea better running around with armor that half naked with a giant axe
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Thu May 03, 2012 12:32 pm

I have a level 1 assassin build who deals around 1300 damage with a L+5 Dagger on counter/bs.
    With a DMB Great Club+15 you will deal 2700 damage on a bs with Hornet Ring equipped, 1800 on counter.

I love my level 1 assassin build is all I will say.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu May 03, 2012 2:39 pm

his1n- wrote:I have a level 1 assassin build who deals around 1300 damage with a L+5 Dagger on counter/bs.
    With a DMB Great Club+15 you will deal 2700 damage on a bs with Hornet Ring equipped, 1800 on counter.

i dont understand how thats possible...... Is that sarcasm?
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Thu May 03, 2012 4:55 pm

What exactly do you mean?
    It is possible, which part can I clarify for you?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 5:08 pm

reim0027 wrote:I'd love to see that AR of that riposte. I'm really curious. Another option would be to add Power Within for an additional 40% boost.
    I'm using one of those right now. A Hornet Ring Riposte will do 1490 damage to the Silver Knights in Anor Londo.
    A Two Handed backstab will also do 1490 damage though.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 5:11 pm

his1n- wrote:I have a level 1 assassin build who deals around 1300 damage with a L+5 Dagger on counter/bs.

-1 for blatantly false information. Please do not spout numbers that can not occur under the posted conditions > : (. DMB does -not- increase a backstab or riposte damage value, and as such your damage with the buff on only increases by about 300 points, rather then a massive backstab bonus. These numbers are only possible with Power Within or RTS on.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Thu May 03, 2012 5:40 pm

i like rtsr and hornets ups parries quite a bit when you need it, i've found parring people when you have low health comes the easiest. (thats when they look for easy quick attack kills). so if you have the rtsr working and you get a parry, you'd get just about anybody
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Thu May 03, 2012 5:49 pm

Rynn wrote:

-1 for blatantly false information. Please do not spout numbers that can not occur under the posted conditions > : (. DMB does -not- increase a backstab or riposte damage value, and as such your damage with the buff on only increases by about 300 points, rather then a massive backstab bonus. These numbers are only possible with Power Within or RTS on.

Well I actually used SLB, which only deals 140 damage less (1060), and when I BS'd in pvp it dealt about 1600 damage, Hornet Ring adds +50% after all other calculations (eventually, 2400, tested too), so I assumed that this will apply to DMB freely (I know that buffs don't increase by the same multiplier on criticals as the original weapon damage does... or precisely, none). If not, I ask to exchange my last post for this one.
    If you still deny my numbers... I will have to assume once again you play another Dark Souls than I do.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 5:58 pm

his1n- wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

Well I actually used SLB, which only deals 140 damage less (1060), and when I BS'd in pvp it dealt about 1600 damage, Hornet Ring adds +50% after all other calculations (eventually, 2400, tested too), so I assumed that this will apply to DMB freely. If not, I ask to exchange my last post for this one.
    If you still deny my numbers... I will have to assume once again you play another Dark Souls than I do.
    Yeah, the buffs on DMB and GMW, etc, do not apply "Freely", and can't be altered by any modifier sadly. A backstab w/o DMB does 1000 damage with my Bandits knife, and with it, only 1200 (the amount of damage it adds outside of BS), similarily the bonus AR from the DMB isn't effected by Hornets, Red Tearstone, or any of the "increase power of sorcery" rings. I've personally never done more then 2000 damage with a BS + Hornets ring combo, even with my Demons Greataxe, which has the highest AR of all weapons, higher then your club at least. So I'm a bit confused on -how- you did 2400 under any such conditions, without the Red Tearstone Ring or PW. I know it's possible, I just don't understand how you'd do such under the posted conditions.
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Thu May 03, 2012 6:25 pm

I do all my tests in pvps, silver knights meanwhile have one of the highest values of lightning resistance among human beings (ghosts being #1 overall, iirc), probably my opponent was wearing anti-fire or something similar, though all I remember are full-body Giant's Armor-players.

However, to topic.
    The important thing is, Mail Breaker, Rapier, (Parrying) Dagger, .. have increased critical rates. If you go for low weight, you should consider using one among them. As Eolan posted, using buffs and magic boosts you can achieve around 2000 damage (iirc, Dagger is the strongest...).
    If you also accept med weight, go on with Great Club, DGA, etc.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 6:30 pm

his1n- wrote:I do all my tests in pvps, silver knights meanwhile have one of the highest values of lightning resistance among human beings (ghosts being #1 overall, iirc), probably my opponent was wearing anti-fire or something similar, though all I remember are full-body Giant's Armor-players.

However, to topic.
    The important thing is, Mail Breaker, Rapier, (Parrying) Dagger, .. have increased critical rates. If you go for low weight, you should consider using one among them. As Eolan posted, using buffs and magic boosts you can achieve around 2000 damage (iirc, Dagger is the strongest...).
    If you also accept med weight, go on with Great Club, DGA, etc.
    And...?
    Silver Knights have lower defense then the maks tanks I tend to backstab. My weapon deals no lightning damage, I'm not sure how mentioning that is relevant. Mail Breaker, Rapier, etc, have crit bonus's on them, but that's not going to help you. A Rapier gets 1400 damage with a hornets ring at 80 dexterity, a Bandits Knife gets 1250 under the same conditions. My DGA does 1697 with a Hornets Ring on a backstab, and it has the highest AR of any weapon in the entire game.
    Your data is not possible without the use of the RTS or PW.
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Thu May 03, 2012 6:42 pm

SLB does and for completion's sake I added that line.
    Of course Mail Breaker or Dagger deal less damage than a DGA, does not change the fact that they come close to it while being much less of a burder to the equipment load, which is probably important to a man who asked multiple times in a row about how much he has to consider the level of his roll. In the end a 2-hit build might be way better than a 1-hit build, thinking about alternating lag and what 20 pounds can mean to the armor.

Impossible here, impossible there.
    I'll go after it.... once again.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 7:04 pm

And how does this change the final data of not being capable of doing 2400 with a backstab?
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Thu May 03, 2012 7:13 pm

I am not quite sure if you actually read my before last post fully, especially the highlight
    However, to topic.
    means everything after was not about the damage limitation anymore, logically, obviously. As I he was asking, especially lately, for tips and suggestions about equipment and not what's the exact edge of the damage he can deal.

I know what damage I dealt and I will soon tell you why, until then, lean back and stop your flowchart, please.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu May 03, 2012 7:28 pm

What confuses me is how a level 1 assasasin has the faith requirments to even use SLB or DMB

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 am