Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
sinisterapathy
Quarik
PlasticandRage
befowler
berkut
ViralEnsign_
KomradDakka
11 posters

Day Z: KomradDakkas Journal

KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Day Z: KomradDakkas Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Day Z: KomradDakkas Journal

Post by KomradDakka Tue May 08, 2012 9:58 pm

ouch, how heartless... maybe it was his last bandage. either way i feel for you. sucks when "friendlies" shoot first ask questions later
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 09, 2012 2:41 am

I'm super intrigued. I just watched a couple of youtube videos. I very well may buy this in the near future. It looks incredible. Hows the regular unmodded game?
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed May 09, 2012 12:34 pm

the vanilla game is pretty fun if you play on the right server. you can join in on hour long missions to help out for an hour or so and log out, have convoys of armor, fly jets, get into squads, work as the field artillrey man, and theres other mods and dlc for arma too, hours of replay value.

EDIT: got into another game last night, ill write it out soon.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed May 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Well. I am waiting for someone to finish something, so I figure I will write out my next essay.

Waking up on the shore, Samuel tries to get his bearings. He notices a town nearby and decides to head there. While on the way, he hears the voice of another being on the radio. The person identifies them self as (I will not put the real ID here) Kolmoski. Kolmoski decides that he would like to travel together, Samuel agrees and Kolmoski decides to go to the railway tracks. Suddenly, Samuel hears gunfire ring out, he spins wildly, but cannot find the source of the fire, suddenly he is hit multiple times in the chest, and sees a bandit rise out of the grass at the beach. He attempts to return fire, but is to panic stricken to hit the mark, and dies before ever meeting up with Kolmoski.

Waking up on the shore, Viktor sees a nearby crane to his left. He begins traveling that way. Finding undead in the area, he dispatches a few of them without drawing attention, but finds nothing for his efforts. He notices a train station storage section across the rails and heads to it. Finding undead, Viktor fights them off, but hears more coming, he runs inside and up the stairs, and prepares to fend off the horde. Then he sees someone outside and realizes that they are fighting the zombies. A few seconds later, and the zombies are defeated. Entering the shed, Viktor comes across two survivors, named Kolmoski (same person) and Bacha. Kolmoski and Viktor decide to go to Elektro, while Bacha heads his own way. In Elektro, Kolmoski and Viktor raid the nearby firestation and church, and pick up a lot of good gear, Kolmoski arms himself with a sniper rifle and Viktor picks up an ak-47 and an uzi pdr. Hearing Bacha on the radio, they decide to move towards the nearby hospital like building. On their way there they encounter an unknown survivor (presumed to be Bacha) who alerts all of them to the undead. Fleeing for cover, Kolmoski moves away, lost in the confusion Viktor sees the possible Bacha firing while fleeing from a horde of zombies. Losing track of it all, Viktor loses track of the others.

Later that night (new session) Viktor makes his way back into the hospital. Finding reams of dead bandits and a dead survivor, he loots their corpses for some goodies. He then heads into the supermarket looking for a map and waits for daylight.

Come daytime (new session), Viktor hears that Kolmoski is nearby. After some confusion, they decide to meet in the nearby church again. As Viktor nears the church he hears that Kolmoski has company, luckily it is a friendly survivor named Osreb. The three of them decide to make their way back to the hospital. While there, they hear the chatter of at least 5 or 6 other survivors in Elektro. Some of them have banded together to work on rebuilding a nearby helicopter. However, they are announcing their positions quite consistently, so the trio decides not to join them. One person who is alone starts asking who is on top of a building, and who we are. During the conversation, a shot rings through the city, and one of the survivors out there is killed. The radio explodes in chatter....there is a bandit in the city. The trio decides that it is time to move out. Heading towards the outskirts of the city. They make for a nearby industrial complex. Part of the way there, Osreb decides he has had enough of this bandit, and starts moving back to find and kill him. However, he attracts the horde and the trio fight in the backyards of what used to be a suburb, fending off the ravenous beasts.

After the horde is defeated, Osreb follows the Kolmoski and Viktor back to the factory. Closing the doors behind them, Viktor heads to the top of the tower to watch the area while the others search the interior. While scanning the horizon, Viktor hears the whistle of a bullet, but has no time to move before it penetrates his skull, the bandit has sniped him, and he is presumed to be dead, everything goes black...........

But not for long! (Derp?) Viktor wakes up (after loading back into the match) in the fields outside the factory. all of his gear intact. Kolmoski radios him and the two meet up. Osreb has gone back into the city to hunt for the bandit. After seeing another survivor, the two remaining members decide to flee the city. On their way out, Osreb announces to everyone via the radio that he has killed the bandit. The town thanks him for his efforts, and the survivors in the town continue to work on their repairs.

Halfway up the hill they are traveling, they hear a new message on the radio.....Osreb is dead, and the city has erupted back into turmoil. Saddened that this happened, the pair continues onwards away from Elektro, and back towards the village where Kolmoski and the deceased Samuel first radioed each other. By the time the pair get there, half of the chopper crew has fled or been killed, with their leader the most recent victim. Just before the town, the pair notice a dead survivor on the shore. After investigating, they swim to an island and find nothing there, but find a bandit on the way back, Viktor squeezes a few shots at the unsuspecting bandit and drops him. The pair split up at the village, with Kolmoski heading away from shore and Viktor heading to the port, in order to cover more ground and search effectively. As Viktor crawls past the storage shed at the port, he is quickly shot twice. Bleeding out, he looks up to see a bandit standing over him. He sheds a single tear, and says goodbye to his friend Kolmoski, the bandit pulls the trigger, and Viktor leaves the world for good.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 09, 2012 2:09 pm

yeah I'm buying it when I sell my text books. It seems amazing.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed May 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Nice man, sounds like you encountered the save bug and got to keep all your gear. Be wary though, some people exploit it to come ruin your day after you "kill" them
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed May 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Not really sure what that bug is :/. Not like I kill many people anyways, in combat situations, my game moves like a sloth, someone could shoot me and I wouldn't know until he has emptied 3 clips into me.

Also, plastic, you need both ARMA II (or the free version) and ARMA II Operation Arrowhead for the mod to work. The easiest way to do this is to purchase the combined pack on steam for 30 dollars.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Yup. Been doing my research a bit this morning. We should be a posse when I buy it. From the looks of it it's kind of what you need to do.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed May 09, 2012 3:19 pm

You sure you want to be in a group with me? Considering my current operational issues, you would probably be better off shooting me on site and taking what little I have managed to scrape up silly
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 09, 2012 4:35 pm

ARRRGH the more you talke obout this the more I want it!
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed May 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Im afraid I have to tell you Viral, that I have another tale to tell.

May 8th, 2012

Elektrosvedovsk

I woke on the beach with nothing but my trusty makarov and a can of beans to my name, so off I headed into the city, head on. With nothing but starting gear i felt invincible with nothing to lose.

i ran down the main residential street and turned into the school D and I held in the original mission. Except this time I was all alone, D had already set off on a looting run earlier that day, so we decided to meet inland once i had gathered some gear for the trek.

once inside the school, I set to work looting. I grabbed:
    -several cans of beans and sardines
    -a Lee Einfield with 3 Clips
    -a 1911 with one mag
    -an ALICE pack
    -some glowsticks
    -a coupe of empty water bottles
    -a knife, matches, and compass.
    -a TENT!!!
    -and some shotgun ammo, just in case

I was just about ready to pack up and leave the school when i heard the shrill scream of a zombie from above, my presence had alerted him and all of his buddies and soon i was once again caught in a valiant struggle for my life.

Five Zeds came barreling up the stairs, mouths dripping with the blood of a fresh kill, a quick shot ruptured the first zombies head and turned it to hamburger. 4 more shots to the chest dropped the other Zeds at close range. Another 8 to 10 massed up and came down the hallway, i had no choice but to fire at the clumped horde of zombies and pray my shots met targets, 4 managed to slip by and began to maul me while i reloaded. I began to bleed profusley untill i managed to blast away the advancing horde and bandage myself. The scilence that followed was my greatest gift that day. i managed to escape the city and begin my hike north.

along the north bound road out of Elektro, i came upon the powerplant, its two smokestacks rising high above the valley. I decided i might try to loot the surrounding buildings when 3 shots rang out and whistled by my ear. I span around to see a bandit lining up a shot with his makarov.
    *BANG!*
    I volley a shot with my Einfield and it just grazes his leg, he begins to turn and flee when i realize that his initial shot had alerted the horde to his position! he fled into a nearby power station where he was mauled to death. such is life in the zone.

After a rather uneventful hike, i rendevous with D who nearly died fro dehydration along the way to greet me, he welcomed me with a new map and a grand story.

I set a fire in the vast plains overlooking a small village, and we sat down and shared stories over a can of coke and a cigarette, called it a night and went to sleep.

till next time, Cheeki Breaki!
    -J
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 09, 2012 5:07 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:ARRRGH the more you talke obout this the more I want it!

Right? I watched that youtube video of the guy being mugged on the highway. So great.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed May 09, 2012 5:09 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:ARRRGH the more you talke obout this the more I want it!

Right? I watched that youtube video of the guy being mugged on the highway. So great.

I like how the guy getting mugged ends up trying to kill his muggers too! everyone ends up dying! its this game in a nutshell.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed May 09, 2012 5:23 pm

I'm also addicted to the vids, although I have no idea how I'd set this game up to play it. Great thing is that like in a "real" zombie outbreak the real threat is other survivors, not the hordes which are more like an environmental hazard it seems.

Are there any RPG components, like do you become more accurate with your guns over time or get more hp/damage tolerance or anything like that?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 09, 2012 5:33 pm

I definitely would have been shooting at those guys too. Even if they did leave him alive after he'd have been dead with no weapons anyway right? Might as well go down shooting.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed May 09, 2012 5:43 pm

@ Befowler - no RPG stats yet, but there might be some added later. up to the developer really EDIT: but i wouldnt hold your breath, i think the idea here is that everyone in the game whether they are greenhorns to seasoned vets are equal, as it is a sim game turned RPG

@Plastic - with no melee system, pretty much. but like you saw in the vid, the bandits DID leave him with his Mak. so they werent completley "bad" bandits, just incredibly naive. EDIT #2: If i were to go about it my way, id give my victim his gun but only a single round for it. its either for me, or to save his *** from a zombie. chances are hell leave me alone if i have a bead on him.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed May 09, 2012 8:16 pm

@ befowler: Please tell me that is you in your avatar image also, if its just figuring out how to get it working (not a hardware issue) then me or Komrad could help you

We could practically start a dark souls wiki survivor clan at this rate silly
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed May 09, 2012 8:44 pm

First part of a new story!

Having made it to a small alcove along the beach, Reddik was exhausted. It was pitch black outside, Reddik had difficulty seeing anything at this time of day. He peaked over the ridge and, with the glint of moonlight, saw the cranes and shadowed towers, with what looked like concrete structures jutting out into the moonlight water. He figured that this must be some sort of port complex. He moved quickly, stumbling in the dark, and dove into the grass to crawl into the port. It was too dark to see, his only guide as to where he was the outline of the water to his right. He looks left, trying to see into the port, he can make out the shattered windows of some of the buildings, but cannot make out the ground before him. It is deadly quite, yet Reddik can practically feel the undead further into port, he sees a storage facility at the far end, and decides that he would crawl along the port's edge to get there.

As he crawls, he hears the sound of gunfire, he spins and rolls, praying that it is not him being fired at. His mind races, could I have been spotted? Where is this unknown assailant? What if he attracts the zombies? After a short while he spots movement, he focuses to the best of his ability, and sees a survivor with a rifle sprint near a building. It is not long before the scream of an undead rings through the air. Huddled near the rails, Reddik sees the survivor sprint by, with a writhing mass of darkness pursuing him. He raises his gun to fire at the zombies, hoping to buy the survivor time. But he wavers.....'I can barely see them' he thinks, 'all I will do is draw them to me, and I will be surrounded'. He decides to instead radio the survivor and give him information on his pursuers. He survivor dives onto the concrete, at the very edge of a piece jutting out into the water. The zombies lose him. Reddik continues to feed the survivor information, but continues on his way shortly, the zombies have lost the survivor after all, he will make it if he is smart and listens to the advice Reddik just gave.

Reddik finds the storage bay locked, but finds some spare food, a canteen, flares and pistol ammo in a nearby building and on the rotting corpses of other deceased survivors. He notices a ladder at the side of a large cylindrical fuel tank and decides to climb it. However, when he gets to the top, he slips (ladder glitch silly) and falls down, breaking both his legs. He falls unconscious, but wakes up a short while later to bandage his wounds and take some morphine. He hears chatter over the radio.

One is from a man named Tyr, who asks if anyone is at the nearby flare. Reddik notes he is near, but refuses the offer to join, Reddik feels he would only slow this survivor down now that he broke his legs. He hears another voice on the radio. It is the ragged voice of a man named Komolski (same one as in my last post). Komolski describes that he was with his friend Viktor (my deceased character), who was slain by a bandit earlier that day. Komolski found the bandit, but was shot multiple times, but did not fall before he put a bullet in the brain of the bandit who killed Viktor. Komolski is loosing conciousness, and Reddik feels pity for him, no one is near to help poor Komolski, his time is near, Reddik hears that Komolski has dumped the bodies of his friend and the bandit to prevent other bandits from using their gear for evil. He then hides his own loot and waits for his death.

Reddik looks around to see that the moon has brightened the area ever so slightly, he decides to go near the flare and keep Komolski company over the radio. As he travels, he hears that Komolski has gained some blood back, his heart warms knowing that there is hope for this survivor.

As Reddik rounds a corner, he sees another survivor do the same, they freeze and then dive for cover. Reddik fears for his life, this other man has what appears to be a rifle or a shotgun, he could blow me away at any moment. He contacts the survivor and salutes him. The survivor does not respond, but seeing that Reddik is friendly (at least for know) he flees into the darkness.

Reddik looks out into the darkness, and can see a small village ahead. At the centre, he notices a domed roof silhouetted by the starry night sky. 'A church' he things, that is his next destination. Rubbing his aching legs, he moves into the town......

To be continued....
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed May 09, 2012 8:50 pm

berkut wrote:We could practically start a dark souls wiki survivor clan at this rate silly

that would be cool! we could make relevant Call-signs like SOLAIRE and ZENA

but the way i see it, im glad i post here as opposed to the actual DayZ forum. its faaar to risky to post anything there!
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed May 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Not sure how it would be risky. But I do feel that it is a slightly more toxic forum, people seem less friendly there over all.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed May 09, 2012 9:00 pm

I wonder, if this ArmA mod can support shoulder patches like the rest of arma, we should get the glorious sun emblem as a clan patch...
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu May 10, 2012 4:18 am

ARGH OKAY OKAY ILL TRY TO GET IT JEEZ YOU GUYS ARE ANNOYING
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Thu May 10, 2012 4:32 am

@viral GOOD! 'BOUT GODDAM TIME!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu May 10, 2012 5:03 am

Did you buy the game off steam or summat?
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Thu May 10, 2012 11:20 am

I bought it off steam, never even heard of the other one.

Oh, also, Reddik is now dead, very sad story (to me silly) I will write it later.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content