Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Uparkaam
RagingDragon_69
Yesuurd
SlakeMoth
Rynn
JoeBroski09
10 posters

Poise to become Unmovable

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Poise to become Unmovable Empty Poise to become Unmovable

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 02, 2012 12:52 pm

I was wondering: how much poise is needed to become completely unstunnable? I'm thinking of making a character build that's completely unmovable. I don't really care if it'd be useless. I just think it'd be fun to try XD I'm thinking finding the highest poise armor, putting on Havel's ring, then putting on the wolf ring. Is this too much poise? Or is it impossible to not ever be stunlocked?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Poise to become Unmovable Empty Re: Poise to become Unmovable

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 12:55 pm

165 poise is the poise theshhold of the most potent resistable move in the entire game. The Iron Golem will still be able to hurt you, but you'll shrug off a blow from anything else.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed May 02, 2012 12:56 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:I was wondering: how much poise is needed to become completely unstunnable? I'm thinking of making a character build that's completely unmovable. I don't really care if it'd be useless. I just think it'd be fun to try XD I'm thinking finding the highest poise armor, putting on Havel's ring, then putting on the wolf ring. Is this too much poise? Or is it impossible to not ever be stunlocked?

I hope someone answers this because I need to know it too, so that I can get past those pesky archers in Anor Londo, especially the one on the right, who keeps knocking me off the ledge.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 02, 2012 12:58 pm

How do you get to 165 poise when it looks like Havel's armor gives the most poise and that's 121, and the ring gives 40?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 02, 2012 12:58 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:I hope someone answers this because I need to know it too, so that I can get past those pesky archers in Anor Londo, especially the one on the right, who keeps knocking me off the ledge.

Good way to get rid of the archers is poison arrow XD.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Wed May 02, 2012 1:10 pm

Wolf ring gives 40 poise, never forget that winking
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 1:13 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:How do you get to 165 poise when it looks like Havel's armor gives the most poise and that's 121, and the ring gives 40?

Hacking. The dragon arrows hit at 164 poise.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Hmm. I think I'll just have to test this out. I'll make a new str/end character. Use the FaP ring until I get havel's armor, ring, and the wolf ring. Probably the first character I'm going to get to 120 because I want to join Fight Club and I think this'll be a good character for that XD. I suck at PvP, so I wouldn't know anyway haha! Maybe Dex/End would be better? Hmm?

And so it's pretty much impossible to get over 161 poise fairly?

Plus, I totally want to get Giant Armor maxed for PvE and see how that is haha!
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Wed May 02, 2012 3:00 pm

I do believe that the spell on Havel's shield also gives a poise boost for the duartion, but it is of course only temporary. And I'm not sure if anyone has ever fully tested it.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed May 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Iron flesh also temporarily gives you poise. And Havel's shield's special ability.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 02, 2012 3:46 pm

I have tried using both in the past. Doesn't work =/. At least, you don't see both the shield effect AND the iron shield effect. And I've tried using 2 shields at the same time, and I have NO idea if the second havel's shield spell did anything.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Havels shield only lasts like 7 seconds.

Iron Skin is pointless for what he is hoping to accomplish.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Wed May 02, 2012 4:24 pm

If he has the strength he can use the full havel with shield(use L2), use fog ring and wolf ring then run up towards the archers and see if he doesn't fall.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed May 02, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm not really doing this for the archers in Anor Londo. If I was, I wouldn't have Havel's stuff. I'm really just curious if it'd be possible to be Immovable in general.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Wed May 02, 2012 4:34 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:I'm not really doing this for the archers in Anor Londo. If I was, I wouldn't have Havel's stuff. I'm really just curious if it'd be possible to be Immovable in general.

Not necessarily if your were say NG+ or just wanted to test the poise there on any toon, Immovable
    seems too global for this game, poise is basically about stagger defense if I am not mistaken.

Good thing that people can't go immovable because it's bad enough with the pvp tanks
    as is.

But talking numbers you could try the wolf ring + shield and the L2 and see how much poise u get.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed May 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Havel's Shield's ability doesn't give you any poise. It just makes everyone that hits you stagger like if they were hitting a solid wall (though I don't know if they get the same stamina drain of that situation).

I know it very well, I often use it with Dragon Torso Stone. When someone hits me, it staggers me because I have no poise, but the stagger they get for Havel's Shield's ability lasts longer so I can land a hit.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed May 02, 2012 6:50 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    SlakeMoth wrote:I hope someone answers this because I need to know it too, so that I can get past those pesky archers in Anor Londo, especially the one on the right, who keeps knocking me off the ledge.

Good way to get rid of the archers is poison arrow XD.

Everybody keeps telling me this but I only have a Composite Bow+7 and my arrows don't reach them. I've tried shooting at them from all angles and situations but no good. Is there a specific place I should be. If so, please let me know where.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Wed May 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Just stand back at the same level as the two pillars behind. Their arrows will land at your feet. Bring at least 200-300 poison arrows so you have plenty of room for error. Use short bow for better range. You only need to land 3 or 4 hits.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed May 02, 2012 7:44 pm

ChizFreak wrote:Havel's Shield's ability doesn't give you any poise. It just makes everyone that hits you stagger like if they were hitting a solid wall (though I don't know if they get the same stamina drain of that situation).

I know it very well, I often use it with Dragon Torso Stone. When someone hits me, it staggers me because I have no poise, but the stagger they get for Havel's Shield's ability lasts longer so I can land a hit.

try that with wolfs ring!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed May 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Carphil wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:Havel's Shield's ability doesn't give you any poise. It just makes everyone that hits you stagger like if they were hitting a solid wall (though I don't know if they get the same stamina drain of that situation).

I prefer to use RoFaP and Hornets or DWGR
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed May 02, 2012 8:08 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Carphil wrote:

I prefer to use RoFaP and Hornets or DWGR

Hmm ok but, are you using STR or DEX weapons? Because with dex weapons come the light roll, and its pretty much the same as the Ninja flip! But now, STR wpns would make you heavy anyway.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu May 03, 2012 6:13 am

Majikero07 wrote:Just stand back at the same level as the two pillars behind. Their arrows will land at your feet. Bring at least 200-300 poison arrows so you have plenty of room for error. Use short bow for better range. You only need to land 3 or 4 hits.

You mean I have to be on the ledge they're on? If so, that's my whole problem. I can get up there easily enough but then the bunny on the right just runs up and hammers me to death. Didn't know the short bow had better range though. Thanks for that.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu May 03, 2012 7:18 am

Well if you don't fear em or get desperate you just have to stand still and feel the moment when they fire, you flip twice towards them evading the arrows and you just slash em when near, believe me I used to always die there but now I do this like a joke.

Use the fog ring, for me that's the best thing because you can run up and position yourself well and also
    it is very probably that the archer from the left won't also fire at you when you are trying to get to the right one.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Thu May 03, 2012 9:31 am

You stand on the platform with the lightning imp things. It has four pillars. Face the archers and stand between the two pillars behind then fire away. You won't see damage numbers but the poison will stick.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu May 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Thank you Majikero07. I'll give it a try. Also thanks to Yesuurd, although ninja flipping on that ledge sounds like suicide to me but, who knows, perhaps I've got hidden talents. As for the Ring of Fog, don't have that yet, so maybe a visit to the catacombs is in order. Hopefully one of those pesky mages will drop a lantern I can trade with Snuggly for it. Problem is, I think I killed them all. I suppose I could kill Shiva and his mate but I quite like him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:33 pm