Dark Souls: Design Works

    Share
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by DoughGuy on Fri May 04, 2012 8:21 pm

    Im pretty sure Velk ais blackhaired so either thats a pardoner or she was changed later. I think she was meant to be part of the game with her secret covenant so it might be her.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 883
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Age : 24
    Location : Izalith

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Chaos Spectre on Fri May 04, 2012 10:01 pm

    post the dlc/missing characters if you can next. I really want to see them, especially the top hat archer.


    _________________
    Leader of the Followers of Izalith

    Apply Here

    We shall fight until the day Izalith is brought back from its suffering. Until then, we shall suffer to bring back its glory.

    Allies with the
    Darkstalkers, Servants of the Darkness
    The Exiled of Ariamis, Protectors of the Halfbreed
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by cloudyeki on Fri May 04, 2012 10:21 pm

    I'll see if I have the cash to order it next week. But for now I wanna see the class concepts and as chaos said the top hat archer (they better have that hat in. I wanna be a sir when I hunt!)


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Yukon on Sat May 05, 2012 2:28 am

    DoughGuy wrote:Im pretty sure Velk ais blackhaired so either thats a pardoner or she was changed later. I think she was meant to be part of the game with her secret covenant so it might be her.

    Yeah, I can't read the japanese subtitle. but it looks a little female to me so I didn't think it was oswald, although he does have white hair, he looks more male in my opinion, it looks like an old female. If someone can read/translate any of this that would be cool. Where do we ever see velka anyway? what makes you think she is black haired, she could have simply aged since that is a very old looking female character...

    post the dlc/missing characters if you can next. I really want to see them, especially the top hat archer.

    Okay, will do, I took a bit of a break today because I was super busy with other things. I will post up the DLC missing characters chapter tomorrow in the afternoon.

    I'll see if I have the cash to order it next week. But for now I wanna see the class concepts and as chaos said the top hat archer (they better have that hat in. I wanna be a sir when I hunt!)
    I don't believe the top hat archer from the original art book that shipped with the game is actually in here.. I will check tomorrow and let you guys know, there are interesting pictures regardless.


    EDIT: I would like to point out, in the NPC section that I tentatively gave them names to easy in finding images, but since these are CONCEPT and EARLY works, I do not consider my statements to be correct, for example the onion knight could be either seigmeyer or it could be his daugher, unless someone translates the japanese we can't know for sure, so please don't take my naming to heart, its just so you guys can find what you are looking for with a quick 'Ctrl+f'. Keep the discussion flowing on suggestions or questions etc, as dough guy did, I am not trying to challenge him by quoting back as I did, just stating what my observations are with the information I have.. /disclaimer

    That said, why has no one said anything about that mysterious chain mail knight. Am I the only one troubled by his absence in the game but the presence of his armour?
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by DoughGuy on Sat May 05, 2012 3:17 am

    I believe she is referenced somewhere that she is a black haired witch. Ill try to find it.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by DoughGuy on Sat May 05, 2012 3:18 am

    karmic Justice - "Miracle of the black-haired witch Velka. Temporary auto counter vs. heavy damage.
    For each sin there is a punishment, and it is the task of Goddess Velka to defin the sin, and mete out the punishment."
    Vow of Silence -


    "Secret rite of the black-haired witch Velka. Prevents casting of magic within effect area.
    Velka, the Goddess of Sin, is a rogue deity, but she is versed in
    arts both new and old, and is considered to have a great range of
    influence even as gods are concerned."


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Yukon on Sat May 05, 2012 10:43 am

    not sure how I missed that being stated twice and fairly clearly silly, thanks dough.

    Perhaps it is just a random person wearing black set, or maybe os is very effeminate looking, either way I will remove velka from that post later today.
    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Yukon on Tue May 22, 2012 12:32 am

    I'd like to apologize to everyone for my absence in the last few weeks, I have been really busy with my new job and haven't had time to scan much recently.

    Anyway, I updated the Unreleased content that was in the book, it was only about 5 pages, I'm really excited because I think the golden spider web armour is meant to be Ciaran since she is literally right next to what the DLC information has called Gough (the hairy guy) and the two of them are very close to Artorias.

    Also the map at the very end was previously released with something, atleast I know I have seen it before this book came out. I am distubed by the central point that is circled and marked "???" Has anyone ever looked into that area?

    Yeah, so expect more tomorrow.

    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t4931-dark-souls-design-works-wip#86610
    avatar
    Anchises
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 119
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-05-20
    Location : Ilium

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Anchises on Tue May 22, 2012 4:35 pm

    It looks to me that the ??? area is the Sunlight Alter, right?


    _________________
    Where are you hiding, Dolores Haze?
    Why are you hiding, darling?
    (I talk in a daze, I walk in a maze,
    I cannot get out, said the starling).

    "It wasn't terrible in there, but I could hardly move..."

    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Yukon on Wed May 23, 2012 1:30 am

    Updated the boss images up until gargoyles, will do anor londo tomorrow

    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t4931-dark-souls-design-works-wip#86605

    I think I agree with you Anchises, I wonder why it's circled and marked with a few question marks though. I guess its probably nothing.
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by cloudyeki on Wed May 23, 2012 1:43 am

    I wonder if someone would be willing to make me a g.halberd replica...


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by BLA1NE on Wed May 23, 2012 2:26 am

    Ya, I think the "???" question marks are meaningless. The other similar black banners are above circled NPCs--or people you can interact with. Looks like it's just there to say "you can interact here, but who knows with who"! Because that is the Sunlight Altar, and you can kneel there to join the covenant, but you're not interacting with anyone. (Also, is that Big Hat... in the Parish? silly Plans changed...)


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Yukon on Fri May 25, 2012 11:31 pm

    Okay, I finished the boss updates, you can see the rest of them in Part 2 here:

    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t4931-dark-souls-design-works-wip#86605

    Next I will updated monster/enemy concepts.


    _________________

    PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Ghadis_God on Sun May 27, 2012 9:01 pm

    If there's anything to isolate and depress you more than the actual game it's the concept art scenery. Speaking of which, the Archives looks to have a steampunk design in the concept art, sad that it didn't make it, it looks pretty cool.

    Also, it's a massive shame about those unreleased designs, I'm sure some will be DLC but they all look really awesome.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by BLA1NE on Mon May 28, 2012 3:31 am

    I don't know if you've played Demon's Souls... But if you think Dark Souls makes you feel isolated and depressed, try Demon's!

    That scenery concept art looks amazing, I can't wait to see what From does with next-gen console hardware.


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 31
    Location : Iowa, USA

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Federally on Mon May 28, 2012 6:52 am

    Yukon wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Im pretty sure Velk ais blackhaired so either thats a pardoner or she was changed later. I think she was meant to be part of the game with her secret covenant so it might be her.

    Yeah, I can't read the japanese subtitle. but it looks a little female to me so I didn't think it was oswald, although he does have white hair, he looks more male in my opinion, it looks like an old female. If someone can read/translate any of this that would be cool. Where do we ever see velka anyway? what makes you think she is black haired, she could have simply aged since that is a very old looking female character...

    post the dlc/missing characters if you can next. I really want to see them, especially the top hat archer.

    Okay, will do, I took a bit of a break today because I was super busy with other things. I will post up the DLC missing characters chapter tomorrow in the afternoon.

    I'll see if I have the cash to order it next week. But for now I wanna see the class concepts and as chaos said the top hat archer (they better have that hat in. I wanna be a sir when I hunt!)
    I don't believe the top hat archer from the original art book that shipped with the game is actually in here.. I will check tomorrow and let you guys know, there are interesting pictures regardless.


    EDIT: I would like to point out, in the NPC section that I tentatively gave them names to easy in finding images, but since these are CONCEPT and EARLY works, I do not consider my statements to be correct, for example the onion knight could be either seigmeyer or it could be his daugher, unless someone translates the japanese we can't know for sure, so please don't take my naming to heart, its just so you guys can find what you are looking for with a quick 'Ctrl+f'. Keep the discussion flowing on suggestions or questions etc, as dough guy did, I am not trying to challenge him by quoting back as I did, just stating what my observations are with the information I have.. /disclaimer

    That said, why has no one said anything about that mysterious chain mail knight. Am I the only one troubled by his absence in the game but the presence of his armour?

    Are you sure the chainmail knight is missing? The first Npc you meet at firelink, whatever you call him since I don't think he has a name, is clad in chainmail. Could have simply under gone a slight redesign.


    _________________
    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Yukon on Mon May 28, 2012 8:52 am

    Ah, you are right, he is there isn't he! I was thrown by his amazing short cut beard and the attitude he seems to have in that drawing.

    I'll fix that up later tonight when I get back from work too.


    _________________

    PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST
    avatar
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 31
    Location : Iowa, USA

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Federally on Mon May 28, 2012 9:29 am

    Yukon wrote:Ah, you are right, he is there isn't he! I was thrown by his amazing short cut beard and the attitude he seems to have in that drawing.

    I'll fix that up later tonight when I get back from work too.

    Yes the attitude he has in those pictures doesn't fit the character we meet, though their basic design is similar, so that would explain him needing a new look.

    Side note, Wtf do we call that guy? I know he has been given a title, what is it?


    _________________
    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Yukon on Mon May 28, 2012 9:42 am

    I always called him crestfallen knight because he acts similar to the blue knight in the nexus from demons souls


    _________________

    PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST
    avatar
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 31
    Location : Iowa, USA

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Federally on Mon May 28, 2012 9:49 am

    Yukon wrote:I always called him crestfallen knight because he acts similar to the blue knight in the nexus from demons souls

    There you go that's it. I've seen others use that name, I just have an awful memory.


    _________________
    avatar
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1307
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2012-02-21
    Location : Canada

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Yukon on Tue May 29, 2012 11:17 pm

    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t4931-dark-souls-design-works-wip#86606

    Half of the enemy designs are up, about up until anor londo is done.

    I swear on gwyns beard I WILL FINISH THIS BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTH...Right after this nap I'll get back onto uploading. Sleep


    _________________

    PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by BLA1NE on Tue May 29, 2012 11:47 pm

    Keep 'em coming!

    I looked at the titanite Demon again... And I really wish there'd been one with both legs and its head, as a boss, in the game. Maybe an optional boss, tucked away somewhere. And you would get the titanite Catch Pole from his soul--and it would be a good weapon!


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 31
    Location : Iowa, USA

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Federally on Wed May 30, 2012 2:19 am

    BLA1NE wrote:Keep 'em coming!

    I looked at the titanite Demon again... And I really wish there'd been one with both legs and its head, as a boss, in the game. Maybe an optional boss, tucked away somewhere. And you would get the titanite Catch Pole from his soul--and it would be a good weapon!

    What a fantastic idea.


    _________________
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 30, 2012 2:24 am

    It should dual wield the poles too.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 31
    Location : Iowa, USA

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Federally on Wed May 30, 2012 2:33 am

    Okay Dough that's too much


    _________________

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dark Souls: Design Works

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:38 am