Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
lalliman
Sentiel
sure-magicians
CrackSouls
Saturday-Saint
JumpsU3vs1
GrinTwist
The Letter X
LunarFog
Glutebrah
Walter_White
reim0027
WandererReece
Serious_Much
Maneater_Mildred
ted1023
Yarxov
mpaschke
RANT
lextune
Cloudrunner
Rynn
k0rruptid
aceluby
Whknight
JY4answer
30 posters

Is winning everything?

JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Is winning everything? Empty Is winning everything?

Post by JY4answer Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:57 am

Ran into this host several times at the Kiln last night, wore full giants + mask of father, buffs his washing pole with CMW while I spawn, casts a SS while I bow and takes a chunk of my health, and keeps circling for a BS. I kill him after some time because he chugged estus, and invaded him again, didn't bow as he was obviouslt hostile and killed him as well. After one game where he finally killed me, he taunts as if he's a boss. I invade him again, and he pulls the plug.

Others would do all sorts of stuff to get a win, the classics being chugging estus, cheap shots, spamming, and all taunt afterwards like they deserve it.

While good and onourable PvPers would deliver a good game, and always bow before and after, and nothing cheap ever happens. I even had a host switch to bow and arrows when I was shooting him with mine, and had a really fun bow fight. I always send a 'good game' to these hosts, and some reply and we chat a bit. Good lads.

I figured some 12 year olds just find winning the most important thing, while they don't see anything in a good, fair fight.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Is winning everything? Empty Re: Is winning everything?

Post by Whknight Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:48 am

Just a slight hunch, but I do believe the ability for them to not get some form of physical harm plays into it also, I've seen a stupidly large amount of this from FFXI. All I can really say is, yes. Winning matters to them and it makes them feel tougher, and it will probably never go away.

I hate to sound like a prick but, I still remember the words the crestfallen warrior says when you get into Firelink Shrine the first time, "Conventing thy neighbor is only human afterall. Hehehehe" or something to that effect.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:38 pm

Winning is secondary to fun. I don't care about the outcome if it's fun and/or epic. That's why I don't go for backstabs or chain backstabs if I do happen to get their back. What's the fun in that? I'd much prefer a back and forth battle that lasts a few minutes no matter the build. It's also the reason I'm not a huge fan of stunlocks, charging each other to see who can get the first stunlock is the same as having a two backstabber circle jerk. Boring.
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:50 pm

so many people ive invade lately just chug on estus. gets boring quickly, if you try to heal as well with humanity they have no problem backstabbing you. lmao. and humanity is slooooow.

they need to make it as fast as chugging on estus so invaders can heal at the same time.

got sick of people lke this so went to dark londo, FIRST person to summon my red sign, circles for a backstab, i keep hitting him with my offhand straight sword, he is using flip ring, so maximum movement speed, i am using the fat roll, so the slowest except not even being able to move, he couldnt even backstab me, so after a while he just did the shrug taunt and healed fulled.

really? is he going to cry if he cant land a back stab or something? soo many people simply rely on backstabs, and will do NOTHING else.

i have long given up caring about getting backstabbed/killed, its just the mind numbing boredom of fighting the same types of people over and over.

wtf is the point of even playing pvp?
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Man, he must have really gotten to you to post it again...

I thought you were an avid backstabber? What gives now? Realize the boredom?
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:03 pm

avid backstabber lol? since when?

is that referring to a post where i said something like "yes i have indeed backstabbed people before and still do now"?

i have never just gone for backstabs, unless i invade a 3v1 then next time ill try switching to hornet ring and just kill the host.

there is a large difference between backstabbing when the opportunity arises and doing nothing but circling waiting for a backstab, and healing as well.

the guy made me so incredibly filled with anger i simply turned my back and finally let him backstab me. cant you tell how mad i was? lmao

and i posted it here because its exactly the same as the topic is discussing.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:25 pm

Winning isn't everything, yet when people act like it is, it takes away from the experience in my opinion. It's best to try and not let it get to you.

Quite ironically, I've found that PvP is funner at level 45-75, because most of the people at these levels are still playing the game for fun, or as a bonus at the level 45 area, don't actually know how to play because they are just trying to kill newbies.
    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cloudrunner Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Kiln is definitely dead to me because of the sheer amount of soul farmers. I would say 1/3 of all my invasions end up against a host and 2 white/gold phantoms. Another 1/3 is spent fighting hosts that chug estus or cast TWoP or some other BS when I spawn in or try to bow/buff. The last 1/3 is split between good legitimate fights and people who just disconnect as soon as I use WoG to keep them from backstabbing me.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Maybe we should move to the next spot and keep it between us. Not just for tournies, but for everyday random invasions. If we don't tell every single soul on earth we can keep that new spot clean for a good amount of time.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:50 am

JY4answer wrote:Maybe we should move to the next spot and keep it between us. Not just for tournies, but for everyday random invasions. If we don't tell every single soul on earth we can keep that new spot clean for a good amount of time.

I like this idea.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:31 am

winning isn't everything; it's the only thing. on a side note, if you guys are down for honorable pvp join the fight club this saturday night.
    mpaschke
    mpaschke

Post by mpaschke Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:25 am

I don't think that way. If I win due to my skill in 1v1, than awesome. If he beats me 1-1, no matter what tactic he uses (Hidden body, CSS, WoG, whatever), that's great too!

However, once it becomes 2v1 or 3v1 and their camped out waiting for me, than I become a bit of a bastard and will BS or WoG spam to take them all out. (if I can of course, if they know what they're doing, it's really difficult to take even 1 out)

I agree with Kujii that level 45 is optimum (and where I'm sticking for now with my Faith/Dex build). By that time most people have decent armor, access to the lightning BS and know what's happening. I still see my share of turtles who endlessly backpedal, but I usually just black crystal out if they're obviously no match.

To me it's about the adrenaline rush of not knowing what your opponent will do. Some just dodge and R1 mash, some are clever and combine a weapon's moveset. Other's depend on their poise and armor to take a few hits while they mash me into goo. It's all good!
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:59 am

I admit I BS alot, but that's because all the people I encounter have Lightning uchis , The Eagle shield, or doubling a Greatsword. I'm not stupid enough to try and break an Eagle shield with a Silver Straight sword, and trying to break someone with a lightning uchi usually results in them stunlocking me and killing me in 4 hits. The Greatsword users are asking for it, but most of the time I'll go with a spear and hit them after they attack.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:02 am

actually winning or losing doesnt matter, the reason i got the game is to have fun. i have fun if i win or lose, some people take this game so sesiously.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:50 am

Is winning everything. Great question from what I seen last night in the depths I believe it is to a lot of players. I was a lv 25 in the depth I created a new toon using the bb glitch but decided I just wanted to play through again at a low level with no supercharged weapons or armor. I no sooner get to the bon fire and I'm invaded by someone wearing full Giants Gear and a M.G.S.." I thought "Are you kidding me!!" as I'm standing there with my little hand axe.

Then for some stupid reason I decided to bow and ate a blast from the sword. Oh well pretty much one shot got me. Back at the bonfire once again with my trusty axe this time made it to the rats and again now someone with BKGA … After about two more invasions like that I said the hell with it.. I went into my bottomless box took out my lighting uchi (cause of my level and stats it was the best I could use) ran to the barrel room and waited I then took out the Giant moon fool and the Mr.BKGA.

I did get invaded by someone using a bandit knife who B/S twice before I even knew what hit me.. I wasn't pissed at him just impressed…I can't B/S to save my life..lol

It occurred to me that while some just want to play the game and have fun with the fair and "honorable" pvp and co-op, other are enjoying it by being the biggest D**ks they can be..lol
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:52 am

But winning makes my e-p***s bigger and i like my e-p***s, its the only 1 i have.

Edit. 100th post happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:56 am

shocking stuff really.

Duelling is fun even if you lose, it's the contest that makes you enjoy yourself, not some **** death animation that happens to the other guy.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Serious_Much wrote:shocking stuff really.

Duelling is fun even if you lose, it's the contest that makes you enjoy yourself, not some **** death animation that happens to the other guy.

I agree totally!! Is winning everything? 945058907
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:31 pm

Just had the awesome experience of a ranged fight with this guy, I used more than a 100 poison arrows and 60 dung pies, he used quite some fire, poison and dragonslayer arrows as well. For a few times I had him with both poisin and toxin status, eating up quite some health. We both healed, and I didn't mind since we were just messing around. Ended up dying cuz I ran out of casts, but had a damn great time. (Copying this to another related post)
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:31 pm

RantFromRant wrote:actually winning or losing doesnt matter, the reason i got the game is to have fun. i have fun if i win or lose, some people take this game so sesiously.

That's very true.

ted1023 wrote:Is winning everything. Great question from what I seen last night in the depths I believe it is to a lot of players. I was a lv 25 in the depth I created a new toon using the bb glitch but decided I just wanted to play through again at a low level with no supercharged weapons or armor. I no sooner get to the bon fire and I'm invaded by someone wearing full Giants Gear and a M.G.S.." I thought "Are you kidding me!!" as I'm standing there with my little hand axe.

Then for some stupid reason I decided to bow and ate a blast from the sword. Oh well pretty much one shot got me.

The worst part is some people think a fight like that is fair.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:42 pm

Holy necrobump Batman!

Is winning everything? No. That's ganker talk.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:56 pm

reim0027 wrote:Holy necrobump Batman!

lol!

I'm entertaining myself by going through the old files and necrobumping them.. This one was made about a year ago.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:01 pm

i dont think the admis like that though cause some of these thread can start poop that everyone is tired of talking about.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:04 pm

having fun is everything in this game - nothing else

from every lost fight i learn something, even from the chain BS and magic spammer and have fun while doing so
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Winning an epic battle >>>> Losing an epic battle >>>>>>>>>>>>> winning with BS fishing > losing with BS fishing

so as you can see if i am facing a BS fisher i will counter BS them back as it is more fun to win lame matches then lose them. how ever if i start to lose a epic battle i won't resort to pivot BS's to get a win as it isn't fun

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am