Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Rynn
Serious_Much
Yesuurd
Dubscythe
Quarik
ViralEnsign_
Glutebrah
TheAshenPhantom
Carphil
ChizFreak
Imarreteet23
Federally
16 posters

Chaos Sword You Disappoint Me!

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Chaos Sword You Disappoint Me!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chaos Sword You Disappoint Me!

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 am

Yesuurd wrote:Serious Blasphemy!!!! The chaos blade has the coolest moveset and scaling, it is hindered by the hp loss like it or not it all comes down to your tastes but the WP has an advantage over all katanas and that is the range, if you have good STR and DEX then the scaling can easily beat any other katana too.

I also should have mentioned I never have or will create a pure melee build on Dark Souls silly

and federal please do upload a pic if it says A on your game, I'd be surprised to be honest if it did though.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Chaos Sword You Disappoint Me!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chaos Sword You Disappoint Me!

Post by Federally Tue May 01, 2012 9:06 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Federally wrote:So I got my butt wooped all over Anor Londo today and lost a ton of souls and humanity when I accidentally entered the stupid painted world on my way back to my bloodstain, all so I could get to the Giant Blacksmith and get a Chaos Sword made out of my Uchigatana +10. I got it, eventually, and immediately increased it to +5 then compared it to my Iato +15 and what do you know their identical in attack. The Iato has a lower base but higher scaling so at 35 Dex they both add up to 360. This leads me to the question, Wtf is the point of this Chaos Blade? I mean it looks awesome but the damn thing hurts me every time I land a hit so I figured its attack would be through the roof to compensate but its not. So am I missing something?

Side note, I felt much better when me and a jolly companion made pretty easy work of O&S.

The Chaos Blade has the Best KATANA move set ever! AM I right!

Well no you're not... The Iato has the best Katana move set by a long shot. Every move is fast, usable and effective. Chaos Blade's R2 for example is kind of dumb and soooooo sloooooowwwwww its like the Uchigatana's but maybe worse if that's possible.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue May 01, 2012 9:19 am

The chaos blade R2 if landed well can splatter you into the ground, leaving you open to an 1H r2when you are standing up, which will do some serious damage.

No other katana or dex weapon that I know of has an R2 with that ability.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue May 01, 2012 10:16 am

No one is right.

There is no "best katana", it's all a matter of preference.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 01, 2012 10:31 am

After patch 1.05, when normal/crystal upgrade path became so worthwhile, several strength and dex weapons can now attain an S scaling. the Black Bow of Pharis still have the highest scaling in the entire game though, as it's scaling can continue to increase, even at S.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue May 01, 2012 10:35 am

I'm telling you I have an +14 Iato and Uchi on my inventory, both have A scaling, later I'll go to the blacksmith and see if they get S scaling but I have 99% sure it does not.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 01, 2012 10:38 am

I don't know which weapons do or don't attain S rank, and I'm not going to argue a list unless I do.
    I know the painted guardian swords are one of them though.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue May 01, 2012 10:43 am

Every weapon with B scaling gets A at +14, same for STR weapons. Some weapons, with D or E in STR, and C in DEX, gets B in DEX at +14. Just check every weapon base scaling.

Edit: where is WhKnight when we need him? Chaos Sword You Disappoint Me!  - Page 2 3358384175
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue May 01, 2012 10:56 am

My Uchi has A scaling at +15, this leads me to believe that the Iaito probably has the same.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 01, 2012 11:27 am

Why you need knight when you got me? Dex weapons are my specialty bro winking

Yeah the Dex weapons which get the S are pharis bow, painting guardian sword and priscilla's dagger, the katana's only get to A at most.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Also, I personally think the chaos sword is very useful, you just need to change your tactics and not take "wiff" shots.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue May 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Of course there is no best weapon, we were discussing scaling and damage, the style of the chaos blade is different to all else and what I said about the R2.They hindered it by HP loss because if not it would have been OP.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue May 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Actually U can also use the CB to make yourself proc the RTSr and annihilate your opponent
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue May 01, 2012 1:22 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Actually U can also use the CB to make yourself proc the RTSr and annihilate your opponent

Spartacus, I am so sad the actor playing him died R.I.P....the new actor they chose made me quit watching the series.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue May 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Same - so I missed Oenomaus dying silly and made up the rest of his story for myself
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue May 01, 2012 1:31 pm

the slab makes it S +14 wont get you an S rating my bandits get an S at +15. if its at +14 with an A then assumably it will slab to a S.

seems like a lot of confusion on this.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue May 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Iato +15 A scaling, I am seeing it on my screen right now.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue May 01, 2012 1:44 pm

nice thanks ^^ yesuurd. i needed to know lol
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Ah. Sad.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 01, 2012 2:50 pm

Well that's my mistake, the original point stands regardless. The Iato has better scaling then Chaos Blade sad
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue May 01, 2012 3:05 pm

Federally wrote:Well that's my mistake, the original point stands regardless. The Iato has better scaling then Chaos Blade sad

Don't wanna be rude but it's just a funny coincidence, your avatar and this...no desrespect really just
    a joke Prostration
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Federally wrote:Well that's my mistake, the original point stands regardless. The Iato has better scaling then Chaos Blade sad

That's actually... incorrect. Total scaling on the Chaos Blade is 234 at 40 dex with 10 humanity. I somehow doubt the Iaito scales better than the Chaos blade, otherwise it would be more powerful than the chaos blade at +15, but it is not.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 01, 2012 4:37 pm

If From did a decent job of balancing, the Chaos Blade would be the same power as the Iaito +15, because the +15 requires a slab and the CB drains HP. Maybe the CB would be slightly more powerful, but meh. Then adding SLB or CMW to the Iaito would make it much more powerful than the CB.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Yesuurd wrote:

Don't wanna be rude but it's just a funny coincidence, your avatar and this...no desrespect really just
    a joke Prostration

Lol why do you think I have it?

@Yesuurd I need to try it a bit more with 10 humanity but on the surface it doesn't seem like a fair trade off of added damage considering the CB hurts you when you use it.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Bleed Buildup matters too. The Chaos Blade can be dangerous under proper conditions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am