Have you ever

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: Have you ever

Post by DoughGuy on Tue May 01, 2012 1:33 am

Good to know you;re enjoying it. I hate arguing with people, I prefer to have discussions, which are like arguments only everyones friends and something productive comes of it.

Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 on Tue May 01, 2012 1:38 am

So would you call right now a discussion or an aurgument?

Stay nerdy, my friends.
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom on Tue May 01, 2012 1:39 am

DoughGuy wrote:Frampt does say a thousand years. So does Quelaan talking about how long since the witch of izalith was mutated. gwyn is the perfect tragic hero. As Ive said multiple times before "You're only a hero as long as the people cheer". During the war with the dragons Gwyn was the hero of mankind, leading them to victory over the dragons. yet as time went by and the way descended into chaos the people felt better off without the gods. thorolund only supports Lloyd, Carim holds the remnants of the old gods, Astora believes in the fire but not the gods, catarina believes in its knights etc. dark Souls is a game all about context. There are good gys and there are bad guys, but depending on whose talking they can be the same person.

I can completely agree with that. as said before it comes down to perception of it. You see Gwyn as a hero, as he should be for what he did and for what he sacrificed. But at the same time he can be view as a monster for standing in the way of the new age that was to be with the way he handled it. I can't say I wouldn't do what he did, but then again we don't see what happened to Gwyn up to that point. We only know what we learn from people like Frampt and Kaathe, aswell as from Gwyndolin proxy Gwynovere. Maybe Hawkeye Gough and Artorias the Abysswalker can shed some light on this?

This was quiet the debate and I hope more fruitful debates like this occur. Good hunting out there.
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Tue May 01, 2012 1:42 am

@Ima discussion

@Ashen Yeah the new content is a great chance of FROM to put in some more lore. I guess we're at the point where we understand each others views and accept them. Thank you for the debate. Also my keyboard is kinda loud so for me it wasn't such a quiet debate (sorry couldn't resist)

TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom on Tue May 01, 2012 1:43 am

Imarreteet23 wrote:So would you call right now a discussion or an aurgument?

A debate can be considered a discusion couldn't it? I mean I have no malice or anything towards the others for their opinions and I respect them. I'm just stating my opinions and the facts I based them on against their opinions and the facts they based them on. In all I'm finding it's quiet fruitful, I'm learning why others see Gwyn as a hero and I'm just sharing why I think he's a monster.

PSN: GunGravePhantom

TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom on Tue May 01, 2012 1:45 am

DoughGuy wrote:@Ima discussion

@Ashen Yeah the new content is a great chance of FROM to put in some more lore. I guess we're at the point where we understand each others views and accept them. Thank you for the debate. Also my keyboard is kinda loud so for me it wasn't such a quiet debate (sorry couldn't resist)

XD Not a problem I love debates. A chance not only test ones knowledge on a subject but to also learn something from it. As I said I wish you good hunting. Funny thing is... I'm with the darkmoon covenant... Ironic no?
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Tue May 01, 2012 1:47 am

Good thing I didnt win. i be you sneaky DMs wouldn't consider that sinning wouldnt you lol!

TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom on Tue May 01, 2012 1:53 am

DoughGuy wrote:Good thing I didnt win. i be you sneaky DMs wouldn't consider that sinning wouldnt you lol!

lol! I think neither of us lost or won. We both had our information and neither of us raged quit. I apologize in advance if I invade you one day XD.
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran on Tue May 01, 2012 2:49 am

I wouldn't call Gwyn a monster. He isn't the one killing countless other living beings just to get some keys, materials and moss. Think about it. silly

Seriously though; I see Gwyn in a kind of objective sense. It was great when he stood by Man and fought against the Dragons, but since then he's been a wall standing between Man and it's Age.

Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning. Ain’t so simple with this one. Now here’s a kid whose whole world got all twisted, leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky.
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom on Tue May 01, 2012 12:36 pm

I can see what your saying but doesn't his knights gather the undead to feed to the first flame so that he can keep the age of gods going? Both sides are commiting a murdering spree one way or the other. Us by fighting his knights and minions and children. Gwyn by using his knights to coral (not sure if that's spelled right) the undead and lead them to their death via the first flame kindling. Gwyns hands aren't actually sullied since his knights and child/ren(mostly Gwyndolin) are the ones commiting the killing for him, but ours are most definiatly are. It's as DoughGuy said, he's only a hero when the people cheer for him, but now he's the tragic hero as he's now become a monster for trying to alter the fate of mankind. As I said it comes down to prespective of the situation.

Last edited by TheAshenPhantom on Tue May 01, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling correction)

Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran on Tue May 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Yeah, the first part of my post was just a bad joke. I agree with your point of view though.

Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning. Ain’t so simple with this one. Now here’s a kid whose whole world got all twisted, leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky.
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom on Tue May 01, 2012 10:25 pm

XD It's all cool. I wonder if Artorias is going to have any dialog regarding sif's status depending on wether we fought sif before meeting up with Artorias.

Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran on Wed May 02, 2012 1:07 am

Just imagine the awkward silence.
    "Hey there Undead fellow. Have you seen my dog? I remember he was warding my rin- yeah, that thing in your hand. How did you get it?"

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed May 02, 2012 1:23 am

"This? ... No this is mine from home. Its got no special powers or anything. I left yours at your "grave".'

Gods Horseman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gods Horseman on Wed May 02, 2012 4:19 am

I tried for so long to save him........ No hope in it though. That's why it is incorporated into my character lore. To bring peace to my murderous soul if you will. Prostration
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom on Wed May 02, 2012 9:46 am

XD Makes me wonder? Is Artorias taller than Sif or was Sif just a cub when he met Artorias?

ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP on Wed May 02, 2012 11:37 am

Nope I didn't feel sad or guilty at all. I saw it as a mercy kill (referring to original question in thread)

Projects Completed
    Spoiler:

"The outcome of any serious research can only be to make two questions grow where only one grew before"- Thornstein Veblen
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Wed May 02, 2012 1:01 pm

I just did what I had to do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:36 am