Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
DoughGuy
BLA1NE
6 posters

How did that get there?!

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

How did that get there?! Empty How did that get there?!

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Take a look at this photo:

How did that get there?! Howdid10
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f47/17/47/77/64/howdid10.jpg

If you manage to take your eyes off my sweet new toon for a moment (I know it's hard, that PGS/ Notched Whip combo is pretty sexy!) you'll see something... mind blowing? If you look straight up from the PGS, actually, you'll see it: yes, way up there, it's an orange soapstone message.

I know it's hard to see, I took it with my phone, but I used the binoculars to zoom in on it and there's no doubt, it's a message. (I didn't take a picture of the binoculars view because it loses its context, and without context it's a message like any other.)

Had anyone seen this before? And... How did it get there?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

How did that get there?! Empty Re: How did that get there?!

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Its happened before. Its actually messages in firelink that you can see from underneath. Because even though the kiln is way below firelink in the world in game its actually just below. At least thats the conclusion we came to last time someone posted this.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Well, I edited my post, looks like dough has the right answer.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:01 am

I;ve got this quick draw thing down. Emergence where is my title?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:08 am

I just kind of assumed the Kiln isn't actually bellow Firelink... Since it cuts to a loading screen every time you get down there, I figured the Kiln is actually somewhere entirely different in the game map.

Is there another thread on this already? Could you give me the link, please? I hate to create redundant threads. If the other one already has a whole discussion about this in it, then I wouldn't mind if this thread was deleted.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:31 am

It waslong time ago. Probably a dozen or so pages back. So this wouldbe better.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:51 am

Really, though, I don't think the Kiln is under Firelink. There are very few loading screens in between areas in the game. If I'm not forgetting any:

- The Undead Asylum
    - Between Sen's and Anor Londo
    - Painted World
    - Kiln

I don't think these areas, in the actual game map, are where they seem when you're playing. So it is possible that the message comes from an area above the Kiln... I just don't think that area is Firelink. And if it's another area, it might be possible to drop down to the braziers from there.

Last edited by BLA1NE on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the asylum)
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:11 am

BLA1NE wrote:Really, though, I don't think the Kiln is under Firelink. There are very few loading screens in between areas in the game. If I'm not forgetting any:

- Painted World
    - Kiln

I don't think these areas, in the actual game map, are where they seem when you're playing. So it is possible that the message comes from an area above the Kiln... I just don't think that area is Firelink. And if it's another area, it might be possible to drop down to the braziers from there.

I'm not sure either. Anyway DoughGuy, how do you know it's that way? or it's just a theory?

Did you saw that message, and then went up to firelink and saw it? How can you know it's the same?

Offtopic: Blaine I like your signature, can I copy it silly? It won't be same because it will be a pic of my toon. It's a cool way we can show how much we played with our preferred character. I would still leave my Grammar Police there haha.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:39 am

There was a discussion earlier and that was the conclusion everyone came to. It was ages ago though. So yeah its just a theory.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:46 am

BLA1NE wrote:Really, though, I don't think the Kiln is under Firelink. There are very few loading screens in between areas in the game. If I'm not forgetting any:

- The Undead Asylum
    - Painted World
    - Kiln

If you watch the entire cutscene that shows up after you jump down Frampt's hole (not getting carried down by Frampt, actually jumping down it) you will see your character falling the whole way down only to be cushioned by some magical force down in the Lordvessel chamber. Loading screens regardless, unless the tunnel slopes and slides somewhere in its descent, then the fact that your character fell completely unassisted from Firelink to the Lordvessel Chamber means to me that the Kiln is below Firelink Shrine, as far down as to the Abyss. Actually, when you think of the name Firelink Shrine, it literally translates to "a shrine to the linking of the fire", implying that the two are supposed to have some kind of direct connection. Obviously this is speculation, since it's never explicitly stated in-game and there's no strict map, but the fact that it's NOT below Firelink seems unlikely to me.

As to the other locations, the cutscenes in transition to them make it pretty clear where they are, with the exception of the Undead Asylum. Anor Londo is beyond the mountains Sen's Fortress was built into. The Painted World is a separate magical plane that is connected to Lordran with a painting. The Kiln...I kinda covered that earlier winking. The Undead Asylum is the only one we can't even infer because it is so far removed that the only way to get to it is by the Crow, meaning an incredible amount of distance needed to be traveled that could not be shown.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:08 am

^But that's what I'm saying; it's clear where the game wants you to think these areas are. But that doesn't mean, in the actual game map, that they're there.

Like in Grand Theft Auto III. The cutscene at the beginning of the game has you robbing a bank in another city. That bank, and its surroundings, are hidden in the game map behind a mountain.

So everything is there, somewhere, just not necessarily where the game wants you to think it is. And the fact that there's a cutscene to show you "look, it's right below firelink, see" could just be misdirection. The developers want you to think it's there, for continuation, but where it actually is isn't necessarily there.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:11 am

BLA1NE wrote:^But that's what I'm saying; it's clear where the game wants you to think these areas are. But that doesn't mean, in the actual game map, that they're there.

Like in Grand Theft Auto III. The cutscene at the beginning of the game has you robbing a bank in another city. That bank, and its surroundings, are hidden in the game map behind a mountain.

So everything is there, somewhere, just not necessarily where the game wants you to think it is. And the fact that there's a cutscene to show you "look, it's right below firelink, see" could just be misdirection. The developers want you to think it's there, for continuation, but where it actually is isn't necessarily there.
    Thankyou! Now I don't need to say it myself...
    LEt's all wait for it to hit the computer, someone will no-clip around the map and find all sorts of things like this.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:21 am

BLA1NE wrote:^But that's what I'm saying; it's clear where the game wants you to think these areas are. But that doesn't mean, in the actual game map, that they're there.

So...you mean location relative to the actual programmed game-map, or location relative to lore-based geography? Becaue I don't doubt that no-clipping around the map will show that the Anor Londo map is actually programmed somewhere besides where the cutscene shows you so FROM wouldn't have to program the whole mountain between them as an actual structure, but in the context of the story Anor Londo geographically is on the other side of the mountain behind Sen's.
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by True King Doran Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:24 am

holy crap didn't even think of that... i give it a month until someone on PC discovers what the pendant is for, if anything -__-
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:36 am

True King Doran wrote:holy crap didn't even think of that... i give it a month until someone on PC discovers what the pendant is for, if anything -__-

Even if they confirm that it doesn't do anything I'd be happy lol. As long as something is confirmed happy
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by True King Doran Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:43 am

Agreed!!!! I really wish they would just give us a hint.. just ONE hint if anything is out there! or at least tell us now and let it be done. but god i hope there's something out there D:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm