Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
BLA1NE
Carphil
Maneater_Mildred
Myxoma
8 posters

How annoying...

Myxoma

How annoying... Empty How annoying...

Post by Myxoma Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:33 pm

So, I'm getting really sick and tired of the gravelord servant covenant. I'm in NG+ and I've been just breezing right through it... Get all the way to Tomb of Giants and what happens... Out of NO WHERE a black phantom giant skeleton dog attacks while I'm talking to Patches... KNOCKS PATCHES off the edge and kills him. Obviously I tore through the bastard after that and killed the little that infected me in this level.

I've been playing NG+ as a hollow strictly for the reason of going solo and avoiding invaders... TWICE now some stupid gravelord servant has unleashed these black phantoms into my game and both times they've managed to kill an NPC. Is there any possible way to bar gravelord servants from trying to lure you to invade? I mean, it would be one thing if I was notified of it when it happened, but no... I just get randomly ambushed and wind up losing an NPC. :/
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

How annoying... Empty Re: How annoying...

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:35 pm

If your staying hollow why not just play offline... Then they cant infect you. :idea:
    Myxoma

Post by Myxoma Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:If your staying hollow why not just play offline... Then they cant infect you. :idea:
    Probably what I'll wind up doing. I like using the orange soapstone for the lulz though. Heh.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:41 pm

Well if you play offline you can get a body and enjoy the npc invaders and co-op helpers without humans invading.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Really? I must get to Tombs. I really want to see a giant skeleton kill Patches How annoying... 3207319737
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:52 am

LOL awesome new emoticons!

Hurrah

Like Mildred said: if you're going to stay hollow, might as well play offline!
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:01 am

If you dont care about getting a second set of paladin's weapon/armor then stay hollow and you should have no invasions. Otherwise if you dont want your toon to look like a walking dead and you want to play in living form just disconnent the internet like the guy above me said
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:23 am

Ah mate you dont know how lucky you are! I've been infected SO many times and not once have I come across a BP. The regular enemies are a little tougher, but thats it. It must be only in the area the GL is busy running about or something that BP's appear.
    mpaschke
    mpaschke

Post by mpaschke Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:04 am

I've seen the 'disasters blah blah blah..' msg dozens of times, but never once have I seen a BP. I have a question about where the sign could be placed. Is it similar to an invasion so that it can only be in the 'area' that I'm currently in, or would it be possible to be anywhere at all in the world?
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:25 am

@mpaschke - the reports are unconfirmed Corporal; but I believe that the BPs appear when the target is near the LZ. . . ahhh sorry about that, bit of a random moment! But yes, from my experience I have had the message a load of times too and i think the BPs only appear when the GL is on the same area as you are. I guess you would know if you see a GL sign on the ground that he is infecting your area at present.

If I realise the enemies are a little more difficult or a giving me more souls than normal, I always check the lighting to see if my world is darker than usual. If it is, its a sprint round the Burg, Depths, blighttown catacombs hoping I run into a BP before someone else kills the GL. Problem is the flipping notice about disasters always comes up before i make it to a few places.. I know there is a thread on here about Gravelords... somewhere...
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:13 am

I've invaded one gravelord, seen the message dozens of time, and never once seen a BP in over 185 hours of play.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:56 pm