Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

just newb questions

darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

just newb questions Empty just newb questions

Post by darksoulslover Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:25 pm

First off i beat the game for the first time grats to me. LOL Now im on NG+ Big wake up call. this is my str /faith build.

vit 35
    att 16
    end 36
    str 39
    dex 13
    int 9
    faith 29

Now my understanding is that faith adds bonuses to miracles?
    Also what do diff talismans do? I currently have the sun one. Wondering if if diff talismans adds more power to miracles?

also can i add int for dmg ? or is it a waist of points?

Got the last bosses soul. WHat can i make with it or is it junk?
    I guess that is all my current questions. I wanna do more co op any tips to get the best results?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

just newb questions Empty Re: just newb questions

Post by Whknight Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:31 pm

Faith modifies your magic adjustment on talismans and certain talismans have a different scaling for magic adjustment.

Luckly, I believe it was Bla1ne, a complete outline of miracle, and sorcery, values has been researched and can be found here.

Like Ublug said INT is not used for miracles, but Velka's talisman scales off it to provide mages with high INT a way to cast. The Soul of Gywn is used to make his greatsword, minus the fire effects, and if you are rank 1 in Sunbros you can turn it in and get Sunlight Spear, but you need 50 FTH to cast it.

Last edited by Whknight on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:33 pm

Congratulations!

Int is for Sorceries, Faith for miracles. Your Mag Adjust is what determines the power of your miracles, and is in turn dependent on faith level and Talisman. The Canvas Talisman should be the best option at your current Faith level. You can also wear the Ring of the Sun's First Born, the Crown of dusk, or the Crown of the Dark Sun for more Miracle power.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:36 pm

congrats on completing the game! you look like your off to a good start, your build is much more balanced then most peoples first build. i would put your vit to 45 at least and end to 40. with faith have it either 30 or 50. str should be good at 40 but if theres a weapon you really like and want to be able to 1h it then i guess raise it but i would say 40 is plenty.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:42 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:congrats on completing the game! you look like your off to a good start, your build is much more balanced then most peoples first build. i would put your vit to 45 at least and end to 40. with faith have it either 30 or 50. str should be good at 40 but if theres a weapon you really like and want to be able to 1h it then i guess raise it but i would say 40 is plenty.

ty this is actually my 4 or 5 build to fig out how i want this char. Now with str if a weapon is at say +15 does the amount of str effect the dmg increase?

Im in sunlight cov. Im staying in it till i get the next lighting bolt rank 2. I have rank1. Just need medals. hence y i asked for the co op tip happy

Once i get that im gonna drop it and join the Darkwraths or forest. Like each play through do a different cov.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:44 pm

may be once i get my faith to 30. I cna start doing int? Kind of want to do everything with 1 char.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Ah then don't bother with Sunlight Spear, I forgot you have to stay in the covenant for it. As for co-oping I'm sorry I don't have any tips.

If it scales with STR yes, but you are only putting one point into it so it may not be a major increase in damage unless B and up.

You can, but you may not be able to co-op or pvp.There is a co-op level list on the Sunbro page ot the wiki, and the un-offical 'cap' for pvp is 120. However all covenant rewards can be farmed, sunlight medals come from the bugs at the chaos shortcut.
    Sparda
    Sparda
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sparda Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Hmm I know this isn't my thread but I didn't want to make a new one. Does STR speed up the attack of your weapons? And as a knight when should I cap my endurance
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:56 pm

No, nothing speeds up your weapon attacks, but DEX will increase casting speed of at least pyromancy. I can't remember if it affected sorcery or miracles, and it depends on your playstyle I suppose, I perfer to cap endurance first.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:08 pm

scaling goes E,D,C,B,A,S. S being the best. try out a manserpant gs +14 it scales great with str. or try the great club or large club the both scale well also. just know that it has to be a normal weapon to scale, if its fire or lightning it wont scale with your stats.

devine weapons go to +10 you need another ember to make it go past +5 but occult weapons only go to +5. they are about the same so i wouldnt think to much about either but if your a faith build it might be a good idea to have a +10devine weapon or +5occult. while these weapons do still scale with your stats, the scaling is reduced but you gain scaling for faith.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:06 pm

ok jw when a cap on my other skills so i can start doing int and dex

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 am