Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
belkaizer
SlakeMoth
WyrmHero
BLA1NE
Yukon
PlasticandRage
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Federally
12 posters

So I know im a noob, but am I also an idiot?

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

So I know im a noob, but am I also an idiot? Empty So I know im a noob, but am I also an idiot?

Post by Federally Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:48 am

I need to know if I did something dumb. I started out life as a Wanderer and I decided I liked my Wanderer gear so much I was gonna upgrade it all the way and stick with it. I now have the Coat and boots +10 and the head and arms +8, BTW I'm SL 39. Was this a stupid thing to do since its the beginning stuff?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

So I know im a noob, but am I also an idiot? Empty Re: So I know im a noob, but am I also an idiot?

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:55 am

no, the wanderer set is a good light armor set, though why you used titanite slabs... +9 is sufficient for armor, you probably should've kept the slabs for a weapon, beyond that its a strong and cool looking armor.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

So I know im a noob, but am I also an idiot? Empty Re: So I know im a noob, but am I also an idiot?

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:56 am

Not at all. As far as light armor goes you could do a lot worse. The Wanderer Manchette is a great piece of light armor. Kind of my go to light armor when I'm looking for combos to keep myself under weight. A lot of the starting gear can actually upgrade to be really decent.

Edit: sparkly is right about the slabs. I didn't catch that till I read his post. You only get a couple of them per play through, unless you want to try your hand at farming, and usually they're better spent on weapons.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:04 am

I am somewhat biased, GOOD JOB BROTHA!

Wanderers for life. The same people are saying about the armour is true for weapons too.

A +14 weapon is often just as good at getting its job done as a +15, and the slabs are not impossible to farm or trade for ( I have 3 unused at the moment) all in all, there are members here who have used a slab to upgrade their maneater sacks, so no sweat. I wouldn't call it a mistake at all.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:07 am

Nope, not stupid at all. Take a look at the wiki: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Armor

The majority of the starting gear is actually very good stuff when fully upgraded. Everything (almost everything) is so well balanced in Dark Souls, starting gear included. So if you like something, don't be afraid to stick with it and upgrade it all the way. What's most important isn't what you're using, but how comfortable you are using it.

I will concede that, generally, it's best to save your slabs for weapons rather than armor... but it's really not a big deal. It's really not a big deal to be using weapons at +14 rather than +15.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:23 am

Well the slabs were used because some invader dropped a bunch for me before he ganked me. So I have spares!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:24 am

I recommend you stay at +9 for all your armors. And when you say, this piece of armor is too freaking awesome, my toon can't fight with this, then you upgrade it to +10. I spent a Slab on a Maiden's robe (you can see the Priscilla cosplay on my avatar), and on a Hollow Thief's Hood for my Gravelord Lifehunter.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:44 am

^Whew, I thought you were about to say you "spent a Slab on a Maiden's robe [and regretted it]"--I would've argued with you there! I also have a Maiden's Robe +10, and a Thief's Mask +10 (I'm very fond of the female version). I practically always wear those two pieces of armor.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:05 am

Now I want my maiden to have a maiden's robe! Argh!
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:48 am

Me too, just picked it up in the Archives, so I think I'll give it a go and upgrade it a little. It's amazing what tips you pick up on the forum. I don't think I would have survived without them. Thanks all.
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:26 pm

dont worry about the slabs i used one to get the elite chestpiece to +10( and im not even using it atm. but sometimes i swap to it). upgrade and use whatever you want.

sometimes the pvp aspect of a game or the mmo mentality let us think we have to min/max everything in our game. just roll with whatever you think is cool and fits your playstyle. big grin
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Yukon wrote: there are members here who have used a slab to upgrade their maneater sacks, so no sweat.
    cheers
    +10 sack ftw (on 3 toons even)
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:45 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    Yukon wrote: there are members here who have used a slab to upgrade their maneater sacks, so no sweat.
    cheers
    +10 sack ftw (on 3 toons even)

You're my hero
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:48 pm

First of all, LOL at Mildred with her Sack +10 always so proud.

Second,

I have payed 700hours atleast and I am using the wanderer set or parts of it
    now after playing most of the time full armored, so if you learn to play with
    that armor on, I can tell you that your skills will be bested and I give you
    my respect.
    dirkdeadeye
    dirkdeadeye
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dirkdeadeye Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:39 am

Slab farming is fun, the dws in new londo ruins are easy once you get good at bsing them. And you can cruise out to valley of drakes and go for scales too.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:39 am

I used a slab on heavy boots, it's all good haha.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:27 am

Tolvo wrote:I used a slab on heavy boots, it's all good haha.

Haha yeah its all good, the worst thing i used a slab on was a crystal washing pole... That didnt last long. :|

Ok now that i have the on topic done.......

Why Tolvo? Why?!!!! Bring back the hulkster!! Point Up
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:28 am

I'm doing a film challenge, that people are really failing at haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 am