Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
BLA1NE
Shkar
6 posters

Strange Iron Golem glitch?

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Strange Iron Golem glitch? Empty Strange Iron Golem glitch?

Post by Shkar Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:08 am

So I went to melee the Iron Golem with my two-handed Gravelord sword while he was bending to grab Tarkus and all of a sudden, BAM!

I had been sent flying through the air to land down below on the platform right above the entrance from the interior of Sen's Fortress. I took no damage, but best of all, the fight was still going! With the golem walking aimlessly into the wall with the fog door, I snuck up to where the bomb giant was and attacked through the wall to kill the golem.

Now, this was definitely a glitch, as the boss music only played while I was relatively close to the golem, but I thought I would share this with you guys, see if we can figure it out, and maybe see if it was actually intended.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Strange Iron Golem glitch? Empty Re: Strange Iron Golem glitch?

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:41 am

What do you mean by "actually intended"? Definitely not! Sounds like there should have been a kill-floor there (invisible barrier that kills you when you fall through it. The fall isn't necessarily a lethal height, but they're put in place to avoid the player getting stuck in areas they can't get out of, or to avoid the situation you just had against the Iron Golem!). Not sure if the glitch was what sent you flying, or the malfunctioning kill-floor, or both, but I bet it'd be practically impossible to replicate...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:26 am

I have done this before.

It took five minutes of waiting, until I realized that I could use stuff in my inventory. I was able to homeward bone some how. Golem threw me in the dark pit area as well. I went back to bonfire and killed him the second time.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:34 am

It wasn't a straight drop Blaine, it was almost as if he had "kicked" me over to the area above the bonfire.

As for "being intended", I was 99% sure it wasn't, just making a rather terrible joke.
    Chronicar

Post by Chronicar Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:48 pm

I was parried by a skeleton in the catacombs and fell through the floor. I decided it was best to homeward bone it out instead of attempting to move and risk losing all my humanities and souls.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Chronicar wrote:I was parried by a skeleton in the catacombs and fell through the floor. I decided it was best to homeward bone it out instead of attempting to move and risk losing all my humanities and souls.

On multiple occasions I've BS'd or Riposted enemies and had their bodies fall through the floor. Was funny at first until I saw them glowing with phat lewts as they disappeared.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Tue May 01, 2012 8:49 am

I came across a glitch with the Iron Golem. When I was fighting him on my first or second playthrough, me and Tarkus got him back into a corner as we slashed away at him. Next thing I know, he started to float out away from the arena and just fell into the darkness. I have know idea what happened, but it was pretty cool.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:59 am