Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Ser Isaac
Montante
6 posters

Presenting my character: Crystal Sorcerer

Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Presenting my character: Crystal Sorcerer Empty Presenting my character: Crystal Sorcerer

Post by Montante Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi,

I've been reading through these forums for a while, but now I decided to sign up so I can join in the interesting discussions. For my first post I would like to give you a look at my home-brewed character that I've molded after my heart's design. I use it to stalk and harass other players, with reasonable success so far. I need more practice... but I'm loving every minute of it. The motto is to kill quickly or die quickly. cheers

SL: 85
    Class: Sorcerer

Vit: base
    Att: 23
    End: base
    Str: 14
    Dex: 45
    Res: base
    Int: 50
    Fai: base

Weapon: TCC
    Shield: Crystal Shield
    Head: Crown of the Dark Sun
    Chest: Crystalline Armor
    Hands: Travelling Gloves
    Legs: Black Sorcerer Boots
    Ring 1: Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring
    Ring 2: Dusk Crown Ring

So yes, I'm actually running around with 265 HP and 88 stamina. My equip load is currently at 24/48, just enough to let me keep at least a medium speed roll. I was originally going with the light roll, but the Crystalline Armor looked too good for me to ignore, and the Crystal Shield just tops my appearance off, although it did force me to bring the Strength from base value up to 14.

If I'll level the character up some more I might put the points into End to let me equip a light melee weapon to cast CMW on, just to give me some diversity.

I'd probably call this an extreme build, but it's really giving me a lot of fun. The low health and stamina is also making me stay on my toes in PvE, too.

Let me know your thoughts. Praise the Sun
    Ser Isaac
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Presenting my character: Crystal Sorcerer Empty Re: Presenting my character: Crystal Sorcerer

Post by Ser Isaac Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Why not sub out ooliciles headband? It does weaken your base magic resist stat but if you plan on rolling quicker her headband is lighter and provides more Offensiive magic dmg boost.

I also reaaly like it. But im no expert in dodging.

By chance are you on XBL? I would like to have you on our XBL FC i just started yesterday. I have 8 members hoping to expand.

Also i am the co-leader of seahe's sorcerers a fan based covenant that is oriented in pvp stationed at the archives and crystal cave to all who oppose our Lord Seath
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Presenting my character: Crystal Sorcerer Empty Re: Presenting my character: Crystal Sorcerer

Post by Montante Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:53 pm

The thing with the Dark Sun Crown is its looks. It pairs perfectly with the crystalline armor chest, much better than the Oolacile crown. It's a no-brainer for me. winking

And yes, I am on the 360, actually. I wouldn't mind hanging around for some organized PVP. My GT is 'Olga Flow'. And I also looked over your player-created covenant earlier. Looks interesting. I just hope that my uniform is found to be in the 'optic of magic'. happy
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 pm

I have a build like this, SL 120. 50 int 40 dex and 30 faith. It gets killed by very easily.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Montante wrote:The motto is to kill quickly or die quickly.
    I like that! It's how I play too.

Sounds like you're dead-set on your character's looks. If that's the case, then there's not much you can change... But if you're willing to compromise, there's a lot of ways you can improve your build.

- Like Wyrm said, the Dusk Crown would be better. (If you're willing to compromise!)
    - With your Vit, you really should be at a fast roll, not medium.
    - Also with your Vit, might as well make use of the Red Tearstone Ring. You pretty much die in 1 hit, so swap the Dusk Crown Ring for Red Tearstone, put yourself in hyper mode, and even out the stakes.

Also, I wouldn't recommend you go melee... at all! Because of your Vit and medium roll, you wouldn't stand a chance.

Welcome to the forums!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Welcome to the forum, Mont! And, W is right, glass cannon mages are a tough build to play in PvP.
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:12 am

Thanks for the welcome!

Blaine, that's very interesting what you're saying about the Red Tearstone ring. I had assumed that it was for physical damage only, but since it also helps with sorcery it'll definitely be going on my character - thanks! big grin

I think you're also starting to sway me (back) towards the Oolacile crown. Big damage numbers are addictive.

With only half the number of casts now without the Dusk ring I think I'll spend another 5 points on Att to give me a seventh slot. I noticed earlier that Fall Control might be an investment when you're making use of the Tearstone ring, lol.

I'm kind of stuck with the medium roll as it is, though. The only way to get me back to light rolling would be either a large investment in End, or the DWGR - which would mean replacing one of my power-boosting rings. And that's not cool with me. :suspect:

Thanks again.

Edit: I might also up my End enough to let me wear the Crystalline Set (minus the helmet) and still be at 50% weight. Seriously, I love it. Crystals. Crystals everywhere.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:16 am

Yeah, if you are going glass cannon, you need to be as powerful as you can. Otherwise, why go glass cannon at all?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Montante wrote:I'm kind of stuck with the medium roll as it is, though. The only way to get me back to light rolling would be either a large investment in End, or the DWGR - which would mean replacing one of my power-boosting rings. And that's not cool with me. :suspect:

I might also up my End enough to let me wear the Crystalline Set

Realistically speaking, that set is the only thing holding you back from fast roll!

Maybe you could... Make a second character? You could dress that one in the crystalline set and the crystal ring shield. And your glass cannon build could wear something more practical? winking
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:18 pm

That would be a gross compromise of my running theme, though. Much too bad for me to handle. I'd rather make do with sub-optimal equipment and keep my personal codex intact. 8)

I have made some changes to the character, though. It's currently lvl 119, and I've leveled End and Att enough to let me use the DWGR with the Crystalline Set and have 9 slots, respectively. Yeah, yeah, I know, the DWGR being that piece of equipment... but the added speed really gives me a lot more options with my spellplay. I've been doing fairly well lately, although I need to work on a strategy against rushers.
    K4tz
    K4tz

Post by K4tz Wed May 02, 2012 6:13 am

I've been playing around with your build (currently at 40 dex and 40 int) and I'm completely destroying all enemies I come across, although it seems I've hit a brick wall.

At 8 endurance and 8 vitality, The Four Kings completely destroy me. Sure, I kill them quickly, but after 2 kings (or if I'm unlucky, the first one) they chain hit me two times and I die. I use the old "equip the heaviest armor and protection you can wear"-strategy, but I don't think 8 Vitality is enough for that.
    I dread that I might have to actually learn their attack-pattern and wear my Maiden-set, fast-rolling out of dangers way. What do you suggest I do?

(Priscilla also destroyed me since I couldn't get her out of her invisibility.. Had to have help).
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Wed May 02, 2012 6:54 am

You'll get much more out of learning their attacks than by doing anything else. I've made enough darkwraith characters to learn how to beat them pretty easily. My tip to you is to always roll to the left, and absorb the ranged attacks with a decent magic resistant shield as soon as possible to get them out of the way. The most dangerous attack they have is the horizontal left-to-right (your perspective) swipe followed by a reverse one, which will kill you in a single hit. But rolling to the left can negate all of their swipes if you time it right. Just make sure that you keep an eye open for follow-up attacks that they can sometimes skip, and later surprise you with.

The first time I ran into the four kings I really didn't enjoy the experience, but now they might be my favourite boss battle in the entire game. happy

Edit: As for Priscilla, I used the opportunity to do some manual aiming practice. I killed her just as I was about to leave NG, though - the poor girl died in two measly hits. :oops:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:23 am