Iron Tarkus/Golem Fail

Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Iron Tarkus/Golem Fail

Post by Whknight on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:50 pm

So I've been pretty bummed and a bit ragey at Dark Souls the past two days. I had decided I would save my souls (80,000) so I could buy Twinkling and upgrade the Silver Knight armor to being somewhat decent. Well, I had to go through Sens still and I seriously thought, "This shouldn't be so bad, as long as I keep my wits about me with the walkways, Tarkus should beat the golem and I'll be fine." I was only half right. Getting through was a cakewalk, but when I entered that fog gate with Tarkus at my side my luck dropped all the way to the core of the Earth and out the other side (Yes I know gravity would prevent things from going out the other side...)

Short version, no one did what they are suppose to and I've lost all my 80,000 souls and all of my humanity and it makes me sad sad

Full version:

Spoiler:
    I run up and we both started attacking, but he was being a trooper and not becoming off-balanced. Then out of no where I get grabbed, and before "Oh crap!" leaves my mouth I'm on top of one of the broken pillars near death. I flask then try to jump down to finish the fight, only to be grabbed again and thrown off the edge to my death. Well, that was... akward? Pretty much one of my first deaths against him and it was a dosey. So now here I am at the bonfire, with no humanity at all, pondering what just happened and what I am going to do about it. Being in a slightly upset mode I head over to the tower knight and smack him around and get rewarded with a humanity! I turn human, go back to Tarkus, and about to enter the door when a thought crosses my head. "I should play it extremely safe and use that rare ring of sacrific I just got since I don't have any others." With ring on I enter, and we charge again.

I sidestep right to the point there is no more bridge, hoping to let Tarkus get the golems attention while I attended other matters. Well I got charged instead, I raise my shield against an oncoming axe slam, and go flying off the edge from the recoil.... At this point I'm fully dumbstruck and now just want to murder that hunk of scrap metal. Enter again with Tarkus and forgoing safety we charge and Tarkus's first hit offsets it... I stare angerly at my screen then wail away till it's dead. I quicky run over to my bloodstain is, only to find out I can't access it, nope it's on a higher plane and I can't reach it. Attempted several different methods trying to get to it all ending in failure, I swear if I had or I would have spammed them. I did do hoping it would obey my commands and come down, but no.:|

I don't always bask in the sun, but when I do I am grossly incandescent!

XBL(Silver) - Whknight009

Swift and True! Become a member of the Helpers Brigade!

Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Re: Iron Tarkus/Golem Fail

Post by Imarreteet23 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Oh man, if that ever happened to me, my controller would have been out the window. That really sucks. I would drop you some souls, but I'm on PSN. sad

Anyways, I hope you make all your souls back over time, so good luck.

Stay nerdy, my friends.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Which playthrough you on? You're pretty well poised to get those souls back pretty easy if you want. But seriously.....that's wicked lame.

GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Sorry to hear that I make about 500,000 souls every 3 hours of play and I usually by tons of materials and hand them out to people who are nice.

"Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:09 pm

Was a new playthrough, and no it is completely unreachable, if you enter the area from the fog gate, go all the way to the center and look slightly to your right, you'll see a decent chunk of pillar on it's side, my bloodstain is on the top of that.

I don't always bask in the sun, but when I do I am grossly incandescent!

XBL(Silver) - Whknight009

Swift and True! Become a member of the Helpers Brigade!

JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 pm

AWW MAN! That SUUUUCKS! Good news: Souls will always be back happy

I'd say "co-op to get your souls back" but the main co-op area is Anor Londo =/

So, instead, get 20k, open up the gate to the forest, and glitch the heck out of those NPC Forest Protectors! 6k every run ain't so bad haha!

Ahhh... I remember the days of glitching in order to farm souls.

I'm just kidding haha! If you for serious want to glitch for souls, I can totes send you a tutorial thingy, but I'd advise against it.

befowler

Post by befowler on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 pm

That's frustrating. I've often wondered why they don't make boss areas a special zone where your bloodstain always appears right outside the fog gate if you do die, rather than in with the boss. Particularly in ones where the boss changes position if you die the first time, like how Seath can park on top of your bloodstain in the middle in subsequent fights.

I'd also just put your sign down outside his entrance and coop on the golem for a while, you'll earn those souls right back in safety, and from the same foe that owes you in the first place. There's actually pretty good coop traffic there 'cause people usually go human to get Tarkus anyway.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:29 pm

^ What he said.

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:13 pm

I'd be opposed to that befowler. On my first playthrough every fog gate was a decision because I knew it could mean a boss or death. Every time I would have to say to myself "do I go back and spend these souls or am I comfortable gambling with them?"

neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Tarkus is my boy. I throw fireballs and tarkus just wails. He's a best.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:57 pm

neon__noodle wrote:Tarkus is my boy. I throw fireballs and tarkus just wails. He's a best.

Heck ya! I actually didn't have the opportunity to have Tarkus with my pyromancer sad I was playing the game through with a friend, and we grabbed another online player. I did get to use Tarkus on my dex guy. +5 Uchi isn't as awesome as fireballs, but it gets the job done XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:09 pm