OP rings: Covenant of Artorias

Rassa
    Casual
    Casual

Re: OP rings: Covenant of Artorias

Post by Rassa on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Carphil wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Math is not subject to your point of view, its universal and concrete, its the language of the universe, and it doesn't support your opinion.

cool

Anyway wanted to share that I preffer to use armor by looks and currently on my dex build I'm using wanderer set without the hood, and so I can use red tearstone and wolfs ring and still do the light roll. Fact is, I sacrifice defense, but my attack is improved. People who use heavy armor and dark wood ring preffer survival than damage output, see my point?

His math matters because of the simple fact that by removing that wolf ring for DWGR you can equip 2 pieces of giants which, GASP, gives you 42 poise and more defense while maintaining fast roll. You dont make a concscious choice to sacrifice offense for defense, you make a conscious choice to sacrifice character performance for style.
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Carphil me too *high five
    I hate giants armour its just so ugly, i only ever use light or medium or dragon body.

Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:00 pm

I'm just gonna talk to OP, relating/responding to 4 pages isn't worth it at 2am silly

I'll just say you bring up a good point buggy, and frankly the only reason DWGR is considered OP is the online. If it was confined to offline only it would be needless, as speed isn't really needed beyond 50% roll in PvE, it's just the need to be as fast as the other players and be able to dodge as well in PvP that it becomes OP, hornet's ring too that it is less useful in PvE.

I think yes there are other rings that do not get enough press. Havel's I feel gets a lot due to it's necessity in the low level PvP scene to allow use of heavy armour with DWGR, but the Wolf ring is underrated definitely, it's great really and I favour that over DWGR in PvE (least on lower playthroughs), while Ring of FaP I use on pretty much every one of my builds.

It just comes back to subjective opinion though really, I think the balancing in the game is great besides a couple of issues, which really are only very minor and don't really affect the PvE game much, just the min/max game of PvP. Others however would state the balancing issues are HUGE and have colossal errors in them. There's a big divide in opinion which I've seen just on this forum.

Edit: Artorias, I think pretty much everyone agrees Giants armour looks horrendous. I've never put it on my character ever, and i only wear havels gauntlets of that set unless it's time for a cheap kill of four kings silly

Last edited by Serious_Much on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Rassa wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Math is not subject to your point of view, its universal and concrete, its the language of the universe, and it doesn't support your opinion.

cool

Anyway wanted to share that I preffer to use armor by looks and currently on my dex build I'm using wanderer set without the hood, and so I can use red tearstone and wolfs ring and still do the light roll. Fact is, I sacrifice defense, but my attack is improved. People who use heavy armor and dark wood ring preffer survival than damage output, see my point?

His math matters because of the simple fact that by removing that wolf ring for DWGR you can equip 2 pieces of giants which, GASP, gives you 42 poise and more defense while maintaining fast roll. You dont make a concscious choice to sacrifice offense for defense, you make a conscious choice to sacrifice character performance for style.

Got your idea, but two giants pieces and a ninja flip would make me look like a clown for just 50 more defense and 2 more poise. Thats definitely personal prefence

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:

Rassa
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Rassa on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Carphil wrote:
    Rassa wrote:
    Carphil wrote:

cool

Got your idea, but two giants pieces and a ninja flip would make me look like a clown for just 50 more defense and 2 more poise. Thats definitely personal prefence

Considering the way poise works much like equip rate, in which only the break points matter. No, it isnt personal preference. Also, i was pointing out 2 very obvious changes that give you improvements. Id probably change the rest of your gear too.

Also i didnt even think of this but if youre using a red tear stone ring, the poise is worthless anyway since you'll die in one hit so i dont get that either.
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:27 pm

With 40 Vit? I don't think so silly

I use wolf's ring for the reason I defeat most dex builds, stunlocking with 1 hit from a katana.

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:29 pm

When it comes to rolls, I think all problems would be fixed if they gave something extra to the fat roll. When I first used it, I thought you headbutt enemies, in which case, I thought that when I would finally enter PVP, the idea would be to stay away from them because they are scary as hell with that kind of power being it took up practically no Stamina. When I got into PVP, this wasn't the case, so I understood why everyone was trying to make it so they could roll faster, because all benefit from being Heavy did not exist, it was just purely painful speed deterioration.

Honestly, if they added some sort of physical force attacks instead of "rolling" with a heavy build, I could see everything balancing out between pvp and a lot less use of the DWGR

Apply Here

We shall fight until the day Izalith is brought back from its suffering. Until then, we shall suffer to bring back its glory.

Allies with the
    Darkstalkers, Servants of the Darkness
    The Exiled of Ariamis, Protectors of the Halfbreed
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Yea like the skeletons in world 4 in demons

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content