PIke, lucerne, war pick, barbed straight sword.

Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

PIke, lucerne, war pick, barbed straight sword.

Post by Wade_Wilson on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:46 am

Someone please give me advice and tips on how to use these. Im trying to break out of the regular weapons like the claymore, uchigatana etc. Builds and upgrade paths would be useful.
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: PIke, lucerne, war pick, barbed straight sword.

Post by Kaminari on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:55 am

I know my faith build did pretty good with the fully uppgraded divine Lucerne, Block the first attack and then BAM back on the mobs happy

Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:05 pm

I second that about the Lucerne. It's my favorite polearm. The BSS is all about its speed and its bleed. In PvE use it like any other straight sword, but you'll be causing bleed as well. In PvP once you get in a hit don't stop until the bleeding starts. I've been using it in tandem with the Thorn set, so I dance and roll until I manage a rolling stun lock, then throw a quick one handed BSS slash, and just keep swinging. You'll usually get in enough to make them bleed before they recover.

The only thing I've ever used the War Pick for was as a low level divine weapon to run through the catacombs with early. Works well for it. As with all the strike weapons, it breaks apart the skeletons with each hit. In the major gist though I think some of the other small strike weapons upgrade to be more powerful.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:42 pm

the best strike (small)weapon to mkae elemental is the reinforced club, for +15 you'll want either the mace or pickaxe due to superior scaling. plus the pickaxe is similar to the warpick in that it deals thrust damage. the scaling on the Barbed sword is kinda bad... so i'd guess an elemental or magic path would suit it best...

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Yeah I use a lightning BSS. Which I'm not a huge fan of, but it suits the build. I use it for my super high END build with the DWGR, Mask of the Child, Grass Crest, and Green Blossoms. Endless stick and move.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:20 pm

another weapon that takes up very little stramina per swing is the shortsword, i have a +10 fire and i can get off 10 hits with rofap on at 40 end, also the 2 handed rolling attack on straight swords is a fast stab that you may find fun to use...

Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:36 pm

pickaxe+buff=win(at least for pve) it destroys bosses, its actually pretty fast if you hit on every swing which should be no problem on pve.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Pike is like any other spear, only with ridiculous reach! Like spears (and poking weapons) it's got practically no cool-down after poke, so you can just poke and roll without getting hit. I've been considering making a build for it... I think I wouldn't be very much liked! With that range, and ability to dodge so well, it would be a pretty annoying weapon, for sure.

(Also, I wanted to use one on my Armored Boar cosplay toon, because the running-R1 is absolutely ridiculous! It's a charging attack that gets multiple hits in, only it attacks in a long straight line. I don't think it'd be great for PvP, unless you like getting backstabbed, but it would be funny for Armored Boar cosplaying.)

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:01 pm

I dual wield the pike in my offhand and a Swag Sword or a Furysword in my main hand. It works wonders. I chip away with the pike, and if they leave an opening I can deal damage quickly without leaving major openings.

Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:13 pm

I never took a liking to spears in the offhand. I find they'd just make my play-style predictable (the opponent knows which weapon I'll use depending on the range he's at, which makes him in control of the fight), and they can't parry. I prefer to just focus on my main hand weapon, and leave my offhand for parrying (or for spell casting apparatuses).

Wounding_Peregrine

Post by Wounding_Peregrine on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:24 pm

The pike sprint attack is great for killing cowardly flaskers, trust me Point Forward
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:21 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Pike is like any other spear, only with ridiculous reach! Like spears (and poking weapons) it's got practically no cool-down after poke, so you can just poke and roll without getting hit. I've been considering making a build for it... I think I wouldn't be very much liked! With that range, and ability to dodge so well, it would be a pretty annoying weapon, for sure.

(Also, I wanted to use one on my Armored Boar cosplay toon, because the running-R1 is absolutely ridiculous! It's a charging attack that gets multiple hits in, only it attacks in a long straight line. I don't think it'd be great for PvP, unless you like getting backstabbed, but it would be funny for Armored Boar cosplaying.)

Yeah it's pretty much the Red Eye Knight move set from DeS. Always
    makes me think of the one that stands outside Doran's mausoleum
    destroying me through my shield over and over again on my first play
    through.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:20 am