Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Reaperfan
Yarxov
Railage
PlasticandRage
DoughGuy
Dubscythe
10 posters

Since I'll be using Ornstein's Armor and Spear

Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Since I'll be using Ornstein's Armor and Spear Empty Since I'll be using Ornstein's Armor and Spear

Post by Dubscythe Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:47 pm

How does this build look for when I hit 120? Is there anything you guys would recommend?

http://darksouls.itsthatguy.com/?c=Q2xlcmljLDEyMCwzNSwxNCwzNSwyNSwzNCwxMSw4LDQw
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Since I'll be using Ornstein's Armor and Spear Empty Re: Since I'll be using Ornstein's Armor and Spear

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:57 pm

I like it but why the 25 str? Why not just 24 and stick the point into dex or faith?
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Since I'll be using Ornstein's Armor and Spear Empty Re: Since I'll be using Ornstein's Armor and Spear

Post by Dubscythe Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:00 pm

DoughGuy wrote:I like it but why the 25 str? Why not just 24 and stick the point into dex or faith?

For some reason I thought the Str and Dex requirement were both 25, not 24.

My mistake.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:16 pm

I have a 120 build that uses Smoughs Armor and Hammer. We should go to Anor Londo together and lay summon sings in font of their fog gate
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:17 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I have a 120 build that uses Smoughs Armor and Hammer. We should go to Anor Londo together and lay summon sings in font of their fog gate

That would be hilarious.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:24 pm

I ran into someone PvPing in the PWoA who was using full Orstien equips. We PvPed like 8 times. It was really funny. O vs S battles
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:30 pm

The only thing I have to decide on is what shield I want to use, if any...
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:33 pm

I use the BKS with my Smough build but I unequip it for PvP and summons. If you're not shieldless you're not Orstien
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I use the BKS with my Smough build but I unequip it for PvP and summons. If you're not shieldless you're not Orstien

That's true, but wouldn't that put me at a disadvantage?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:46 pm

Only if you count not wearing a shield as a disadvantage.

Embrace the cosplay. Why make an Orstien build if you don't want to be Orstien? I mean do what you want to do. That's just the way I do it. I have 6 other builds with shields. My fatboy two-hands his hammer instead.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:48 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Only if you count not wearing a shield as a disadvantage.

Well what possible advantage could just using a spear have over a spear and shield?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:52 pm

Style.

Although for my Smough build, IMO, the hammer is much more effective two-handed. So considering that's how I'd be fighting anyway, and that Smough's equips are so heavy, I just save myself on the extra weight of the shield I wouldn't be using anyway.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:54 pm

You'll be fine PvPing shieldless.

I've ran into a lot of people using the DSS and just 2handing it.

That's the build I use http://tinyurl.com/799kjy5

(Sadly I don't have 5 stacks of Great Lightning Spear)
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:18 am

Railage wrote: You'll be fine PvPing shieldless.

I've ran into a lot of people using the DSS and just 2handing it.

That's the build I use http://tinyurl.com/799kjy5

(Sadly I don't have 5 stacks of Great Lightning Spear)

I'll take your word on it, I'm just a bit worried because I have pretty much no PvP experience.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:12 am

Don't cosplay for PvP experience, make a good build that can dish it out and learn with that one, then use Ornstein as a "fun" build and for Co-op.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:18 am

Railage wrote:(Sadly I don't have 5 stacks of Great Lightning Spear)

And unfortunately you never will, since it's a covenant reward and therefore only obtainable once per character. Nothing you do will ever get more than one attunement of Greater Lightning Spear on a character, not even the unmentionable glitch :|
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:36 am

Yarxov wrote:Don't cosplay for PvP experience, make a good build that can dish it out and learn with that one, then use Ornstein as a "fun" build and for Co-op.

I totally agree. My Smough cosplay was my 6th build. Once I really knew what I was doing and wanted to give myself a challenge and spice things up a bit
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:00 am

Reaperfan wrote:
    Railage wrote:(Sadly I don't have 5 stacks of Great Lightning Spear)

And unfortunately you never will, since it's a covenant reward and therefore only obtainable once per character. Nothing you do will ever get more than one attunement of Greater Lightning Spear on a character, not even the unmentionable glitch :|

Thanks Sherlock. lol!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:31 am

Since you;re doing an Ornsstein cosplay I feel its time to advertise - https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t4012-the-noble-knights-undergoing-re-construction.
    two handing the spear is fine as long as you can dodge. it also allows you to drop 8 points of str and put them int faith or dex. I believe the dex scaling is better and pputting it in faith increases miracle strength as well as damage.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:06 am

I think it's great that people experiment with different armour just so's they look good. It shows real dedication. I equip armour and weapons that I hope will help me stay alive a bit longer but then I'm not a very skilled player.

Am I right in thinking that the Greater Lightning Spear is the final reward for the Sunbros covenant or is it some super weapon I haven't found yet. I have the Lightning Spear from Sens and Ornstein's Spear. Sorry, I'm being lazy, I should look it up.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:10 am

You get the greater version from Sunbro rank +1. I suppose you could call sunlight spear the final reward.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:20 am

DoughGuy wrote:You get the greater version from Sunbro rank +1. I suppose you could call sunlight spear the final reward.

Thank you, I've got that. I take it the sunlight spear is the one you have to use Gwyn's soul for and is the last miracle.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:24 am

Yep. Requires 50 faith too.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm starting to think I may want to make a new character, which isn't and exciting prospect considering I've dedicated 20+ hours to this one.

I'm not at the point yet where I can speed through Dark Souls.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Dubscythe wrote:I'm starting to think I may want to make a new character, which isn't and exciting prospect considering I've dedicated 20+ hours to this one.

I'm not at the point yet where I can speed through Dark Souls.

Just keep at it. After enough playthroughs and making new characters you'll get used to it and not worry so much about old characters. I've dedicated more than 20 hours to some throwaway characters I've made just for the lulz like my Dragon Bone Fist dual-wielding character, and it stops feeling like such a chore when you learn the most effective paths through the game winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm