Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

summoning comments DARKROOT mini bosses

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

summoning comments DARKROOT mini bosses Empty summoning comments DARKROOT mini bosses

Post by Odinbear Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi guys (1st post)
    background = 1st build played hollow and alone most of game, 4-5 other builds have been playing human as much as possible, (OPENED PORTS on VERIZON ROUTER per a DEMON SOULS forum post, made a difference although my 1.5MB DSL is sometimes sketchy on rainy days due to the copper lines in the country so I do see invader fails and summon fails). ANYWAYS to the SUBJECT - was sitting at the bonfire next to the door you need the crest of ARtorias or whatever and was farming the ents for moss when I saw I could drop my white soapstone (hadn't defeated HYDRA or BUTTERFLY yet), all of a sudden being summoned, arrived, host, another phantom and I did the Knights who cast magic (who I stay away from, but the phantom was kicking ***) - the Knight guarding the grass crest shield and the Hydra (where the other phantom died, I don't think he had healing and the host was low level) - we finished the hydra and he didn't know where to go so I led him to the witch summon sign and the butterfly (where he died)

DIDN'T know you could be summoned without defeating bosses (doesn't apply to mini bosses?)
    I'm assuming anytime your white soapstone is active (when equiped) you can use it and be summoned (unless the servers only look in hotspots (but then it seems , the WS would not be active until you are at hotspots.

I see some signs sometimes, not so much, wish this part was fixed and a FEATURE that could be added is WHEN YOU SUMMON OTHERS the UNDEAD and BOSSES have more HP (Because some of the CO-OP fights are crazy easy with 3 peeps (only thing 3 peeps are good for is the INVASION which CAN be a much higher level guy)
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

summoning comments DARKROOT mini bosses Empty Re: summoning comments DARKROOT mini bosses

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Yeah you can be summoned before or after defeating a boss in human or hollow form. Putting down your summon sign in human form before defeating the boss will stop you from seeing any summon signs. Also some bosses are harder when you summon other players such as Seath. Check out the co-op section on the wiki for more in depth.
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Online
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

summoning comments DARKROOT mini bosses Empty Re: summoning comments DARKROOT mini bosses

Post by Odinbear Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:22 pm

hmmm so you can co=op any boss in phantom form, to preview the fight and strategy then try alone?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Odin - yep and welcome to the forum!
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:38 pm

Wait....You can co-op by the Hydra?
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Tue May 08, 2012 12:34 pm

Anybody co-op the hydra, then go over to the gold golem defeat it, to get the secret merchant to show at the rock. I want to take a new Mage there to do this but so far with 2 other chars, have not got that merchant to appear.
    :pale:
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Tue May 08, 2012 1:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn2WTWGzrJM
    Here you go Odin.
    If you can't get the golem to appear then quit and reload. The golem should then appear. Hope this helps.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Fri May 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Just to add to this, you CAN NOT co-op the golden golem after co-op ing the hydra You have to go back after you defeat the moonlight butterfly ( when the phantoms disappear). Verified with a cleric, and a sorcerer.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Tue May 29, 2012 10:35 am

The host can Argo the Golden Golem THEN summon a phantom. Happened this weekend. Host summons, points toward hydra, we go but he just points towards golem from shore, so I head out. He stood there and watched from shore as I lured it back and killed it just before the hydra shore(at the waterfall).
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Gotta add this (not sure everyone is doing it). IT HELPS IMMENSELY!!!!
    Just lost our DSL modem (was configured to PORT FORWARD ) even though uPnP was being used. FIRST ATTEMPTS to play DrkS resulted in a lot of FAILED SESSIONS, INVADERS failing to invade, etc. SO I added the PORT FORWARDING (again) to the VERIZON DSL router/modem and NO MORE ERRORS (to speak of. Had a failed invasion on a sl26 in darkroot last night)
    THE PORTS:
    Playstation 3 Network and Server Ports:

TCP 5223-5223
    UDP 5223-5223
    UDP 3478-3478
    UDP 3479-3479
    UDP 3658-3658
    TCP 80-80
    TCP 443-443

from here:::: http://forums.demonssouls.info/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5993

Good how to:
    http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/FON/2100/PS3_Demons_Souls.htm

sl26 n' having trouble getting summoned and finding 2 summon signs to fight the hydra & then ml butterfly with a mage. need more leveling?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am