Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
FruitPunchNinja
Buggy Virus
aceluby
DarkW17
befowler
RANT
DoughGuy
ted1023
12 posters

Possible new instant B/S glitch

ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Possible new instant B/S glitch Empty Possible new instant B/S glitch

Post by ted1023 Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:09 am

Last night after Roan, Billy and myself were in the butterfly forest dueling I decided I need to practice alot more due to the whooping roan left me with..lol

I went to the Burg put my rss down and was summoned rather quickly. I was summoned in the middle of a fight, so I ran up to the platform where the undead crossbow soilder would be to watch the match and what I seen just floored me.

The phantom walked not ran walked up and thru the host and B/S him 4xs.. each time, just doing the same thing walked straight up to him through him and and instant B/S. By the time I got my recording system fired up it was over.

I messaged the host just to get an idea if his perspective. he wrote back. " The F****er walked pass me and my swings taking no damage " .

The rest of the night while there I didn't see it again, but I started a low lvl co-op toon and was helping at the perish..well my host was invaded. The vader and I did our dance and when he had almost no health BAM he was in front of me and then I was flipping on the ground instan b/s and death.

This wasn't like any lag I have ever seen. What really pisses me off was I turned off my recorder thinking it was a fluke.. Oh yes, and both Phantoms were Japanese..I'm wondering if they figured out a new exploit.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Possible new instant B/S glitch Empty Re: Possible new instant B/S glitch

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:35 am

Sounds more like a modder than a glitch. Was it the same invader both times or two different people?
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:49 am

DoughGuy wrote:Sounds more like a modder than a glitch. Was it the same invader both times or two different people?

no these were different people. I know there are modders on x-box but this was on P.S.

The one thing that I never thought about when talking to a friend of mine, I'm now wondering if the issues that the psn server has been having lately could be making it seem worst than it is.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:59 am

maybe lagswitch? i actually thought that went away after the ps2 but im starting to think that people figured out a way to lag cause ive seen people that lag so much just before they bs you and i dont think its a coincidence.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:09 am

I'm on PSN. Recently ran into a DW in Anor Londo who was immune to spells. He ran through a WotG, Force, and a direct large fireball hit like they weren't there. Didn't even try to block or roll. The fight was slightly laggy but nothing otherwise unusual, and I did eventually manage to kill him the old fashioned pointy way.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:31 am

WOW I have not experienced someone being able to do this on PS3...the lag switchers like Rant said are all to common 1 min they are normal and losing then all of a sudden they are chopping all over the place and teleporting behind you.

But I have found 3 guys with more health than possible...with 99 vit and the ring of FAP the MAX hp is 2280 and I can BS for 2500 into full giants with my buffed great club and hornets...the only people that have ever lived have had the mask of the mother on so that makes sense as they would have just over 2500 hp...but the 3 guys that lived did not have the mask on figure that 1 out?
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:04 pm

DarkW17 wrote:WOW I have not experienced someone being able to do this on PS3...the lag switchers like Rant said are all to common 1 min they are normal and losing then all of a sudden they are chopping all over the place and teleporting behind you.

But I have found 3 guys with more health than possible...with 99 vit and the ring of FAP the MAX hp is 2280 and I can BS for 2500 into full giants with my buffed great club and hornets...the only people that have ever lived have had the mask of the mother on so that makes sense as they would have just over 2500 hp...but the 3 guys that lived did not have the mask on figure that 1 out?

Ring of steel protection or tiny being ring?
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Obviously they figured out the pendant.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:43 pm

@aceluby the tiny being would only give them 2394 but the ring of steel protection could have saved them tho...it just says it adds 50 def points might have been enough.

But the thing is one of them FOR SURE had full giants no mask of mother and was using the hornets ring and ring of FAP...because he was a DMB fishing BS's with a buffed Mura for OHKO's...I even had the mask of mother on so 1989 hp for me and I was dead every time....even a DMB buffed mura wont do that much dmg without hornets...so I went full glass cannon and he invaded yet again but this time I hit him with the pivot BS hornets and CMW buffed GC...saw 500 1st hit 2000 2nd hit...I am already doing 'look skyward' when he stands up...I am not even mad I am impressed!!!!!!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:47 pm

TED! dude i was in undead burg and this one guy was just DESTROYING everyone with instant backstabs. i fought him many times and started to just put my back up against the wall, he would just go across and use range attacks forcing me to move then get the instant bs. Idk if this is a glitch but this guy had no skill other then this, i managed to land a few backstabs on him and parry him ext but all he could manage to do was backstab me. he was a gravelord and lasted a very long time, i watched him get instant backstabs on almost everyone who invaded in the same way you mentioned, just walking not even trying to hide his intentions.

this was one of the nights that really put me over the edge and made me pissed for about a week straight.

its funny someone mentioned people with abnormal health cause there was this guy invading this same bsing gravelord and i watched him take 3-4 backstabs taking full dmg for each and the backstabs did 1300+dmg, it was like war of the glitcher/griefers i just dont see how it was possible. i was watching closely with my binoculars there was no mistake.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:15 pm

LOL WOW sounds like the Burg isnt to far off the kiln with the oddities.

That is crazy about the insta BS'r tho I have never had anyone pull that on me.

Just the guys in full giants with 3000 HP??? that can flip and BS for 2000dmg somehow without the hornets and have 15 WOtG casts. Looks like I will have to start parrying them for OHKO's from now on lol!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:18 pm

then theres the glitch where people make zweihanders move like longswords. and the glitch that causes swords one cant use properly to dead angle from the front despite bouncing off stuff... i was never much of a pvp'er in the first place but... yet more reasons to give dark a rest for a few weeks...
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:39 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:then theres the glitch where people make zweihanders move like longswords. and the glitch that causes swords one cant use properly to dead angle from the front despite bouncing off stuff... i was never much of a pvp'er in the first place but... yet more reasons to give dark a rest for a few weeks...

This is kinda where I'm at. Might do some PvE & co-op, but I think I'm going to limit my PvP for a little while.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:14 pm

^ same but since i got this game i took pvp rather serious(maybe too serious). This game does have a really deep learning curve, but a lot of the fights are ruined by these bugs and skill gets overshadowed by luck. I am not one to only complain when i lose and i have noticed that sometimes i manage to have these bugs occur when i dont mean for it and i end up winning because of them. i have messaged people saying sorry and that i did not intend for it to happen and for a rematch. they either say its cool or think im trolling them.

Thats why i like FC because its about fun and not seeing whos best, although i think some people miss that point. still i like the fc community and think all of us understand why we moved away from random pvp. I use fightclub to try stuff that i know i will most likely get killed doing .not getting the well what is it taunt when im trying to practice parrys is very welcome.

it really is amazing how fast you can lose pvp parry skills by playing to much pve. it completely throws you off, or me at least.
    ZomgItsWubbies
    ZomgItsWubbies

Post by ZomgItsWubbies Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:38 pm

one of my pvp characters has 94 vit ring of FAP and mothers mask = 2547 health if I remember correctly. Kinda funny to have others backstab u 3 times for death:)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:Obviously they figured out the pendant.

Superb. I'm rewarding you with a -1 to help your highly held negative rep along silly
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:13 am

ZomgItsWubbies wrote:one of my pvp characters has 94 vit ring of FAP and mothers mask = 2547 health if I remember correctly. Kinda funny to have others backstab u 3 times for death:)
    I was bored and in the mood to troll a bit once, so I went to the Painted World and invaded with my Mage... With Dusk Crown, Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, TCC, and Red Tearstone Ring active! Oh, and chameleon.

So I felt like one-shotting a few people with CSS.

First guy I tried it on, I did 2400 damage. He walked away, came back and killed me with one massive phantom range hit with his katana.

I didn't feel like trolling anymore!

About the insta-backstab: that sucks, and I hope it doesn't become widespread, but the mechanics of it we can't discuss on these forums, because like OP even wrote in the thread title it's a glitch! Can't discuss those.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 am