Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Federally
FruitPunchNinja
PlasticandRage
sinisterapathy
billy_bayonet
White Mamba
Yarxov
aceluby
FatFuzzy
befowler
djgq42
KomradDakka
GkMrBane
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
Forum Pirate
DoughGuy
SlakeMoth
BartholomewWenceslas
BLA1NE
Serious_Much
Tolvo
RANT
Argetlam350
cloudyeki
ChizFreak
Extertionist
30 posters

Best Moments of Soul's Badassery

Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Best Moments of Soul's Badassery - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Moments of Soul's Badassery

Post by Extertionist Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:06 pm

I started playing dark souls again a little while back and i made a new character. I managed to go through all of anor londo except for biggy and smalls without dying.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Best Moments of Soul's Badassery - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Moments of Soul's Badassery

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:27 am

Most badass moment of Dark souls:
    Pressing Start.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 am

I use buffs, so I'm cheap by OP's definition and can't post my stories based on those parameters.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:47 am

I don't see buff mentioned in the OP.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:00 am

Extertionist wrote:Awesome stories guys.

And I would consider things like darkmoon blade, crystal magic weapon, tranguil walk of peace, and wrath of gods cheap as most other magic is fairly easy to dodge. Weapon wise, I'd say alot of them don't count as to cheap as to use the more unfair weapon you have to invest alot of souls to get them and not allowing anyone to mention those I feel would be a let down.

not original post, original poster.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:38 am

Ah, my bad, I skimmed over that post... Yeah, I don't agree with his definition of cheap either, then.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:19 am

I did invade in the pw to see the guy on the bridge casting css. I rolled through it but got kicked so I used the hop back to dodge the mlgs r1 and flattened him for the kill with the dgm slam.

There was also a time I invaded into farmers who cast twop as I walked through the arch past the bonfire and I stunlocked and killed them all with 3 swings from the dgm.
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:50 am

I did kill both a red and a blue invader in the forest with a single black firebomb at the same time. I couldn't believe it, was only about level 25-30 at that stage as well
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:54 am

BLA1NE wrote:Ah, my bad, I skimmed over that post... Yeah, I don't agree with his definition of cheap either, then.
    How would you define cheap?
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:12 am

Extertionist wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:Ah, my bad, I skimmed over that post... Yeah, I don't agree with his definition of cheap either, then.

i have to disagree with you about buffs being cheap. they are as much a risk/ reward tactic as any in the game.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:00 pm

djgq42 wrote:
    Extertionist wrote:

i have to disagree with you about buffs being cheap. they are as much a risk/ reward tactic as any in the game.

Using your same logic you could say TWOP isn't cheap because it's a risk/reward tactic. I don't disagree that buffs aren't cheap, just that the justification could be used for almost anything except WoG.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:07 pm

aceluby wrote:
    djgq42 wrote:
    Extertionist wrote:

Using your same logic you could say TWOP isn't cheap because it's a risk/reward tactic. I don't disagree that buffs aren't cheap, just that the justification could be used for almost anything except WoG.

i don't feel that twop is cheap in it's patched incarnation and i've never used it so i am not familiar with the drawbacks. i also think that you are comparing apples to oranges as one is a focused buff and another is an aoe spell. besides, there is a more detailed post about this same topic that gives a more detailed explanation concerning the use of buffs.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t4498-sunlight-crystal-magic-weapon
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:53 pm

first time i ever used DMB blade i had heard it was powerfull so i give it a go at the kiln DM invasion in greeted by a party of 3 carbon closes MOM giants BKGA, so i DMB my katana and do the come on gesture they run in single file for some strange reason so i do the 1h R2 sliciing through 2 of them at once they then split sideways as teh host comes in and i land my first accidental parry and i riposte taking him down to about 10 hp he legs it and starts healing i know i cant possible win so i bow while getting hit with 4 wog and a backstab, this was a defeat but i honest thought it was my favouritte most memorable experience
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Well a few minutes ago i was invading dark Anor Londo and i invaded these 2 high lvl gankers(bs phishers too) I know they were high lvl because of equipment...and they had already ganked me twice. I pretty much ignored the summon and went after host moving erratically as to avoid BS from summon. i got him down to about 1/3 health so he ran away to heal i caught up too late and he got his heal but just in time to BS him before he got his shield back up flipped away just before i got BSed. The host tried to run and heal again as he was back down to just over half heath but this i caught him! BSed him again and hit him with one more R1 to finish him off.

Two more gankers(who had killed me a couple of times as well) did pretty much the same tatic except i never let this one heal once...it was so fun chasing him as he ran to heal finish with a BS as his summon desperately tried to BS me.

Two more..these two had only killed me once. I had just unlocked Darkmoon Blade...and well i just slaughted both of em with R1s. The summon fell quickly and the host didnt last 15 secs after that.

Balder Side Sword FTW!!!!!
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:16 pm

Okay new rule.

Weapon buff stories have to be honorable while speaking of pvp.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:56 pm

You already stated you want honourable stories, so I don't get why you need to make that specification.

So a bit ago I inavaded someone in the catacombs and found him and his phantom. The phantom was low on health and charged at me upon first seeing me. I thought at first I might have been dealing with gankers, but I noticed they were actually trying to progress so I just parried him and kicked him away from me. So they notice I'm going out of my way to disarm, but not kill them. Eventually one picks up and presents his back to me, so I just bow. They follow me as I lead them to all sorts of items, the hidden wall, the second bonfire, and I even open up the BS to them. Eventually they get invaded, and I'm just following them around when they get to the Bonewheels. Suddenly I see TwoP around them, a trick I use against gankers but definitely not normal players. While they're struggling with them I suddenly spot a DW rushing towards them with a Rapier. I dash towards them and suddenly get the TwoP, so in a last ditch to save the host's back I cast Force. It knocks the DW on his *** and pushes them back a bit. I continue forwards and slam my GsoA in the guy and do 70 damage.

"Son of a *****."

Now then, I carry a Divine Flachion in the catacombs myself, for killing the skeletons. It's fast and efficient. I decide, what the hell and switch to it and start seeing the numbers on this guy scale up as he keeps trying to get past me to get to the host who is running for the door. Finally I get BS'ed after I accidentally hit R2, dumb mistake on my part and see 1.2k health go away. I have 1.3k health. I rise up and turn to parry the guy and Riposte him for a bit of damage, and as he rises up I get the message that the host has challenged the area boss and that I'm being sent back to my own world.

Sure I didn't get the kill, but I got the save. I love being a friendly DW. big grin
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 pm

I was playing today and met a friendly DW in Anor Londo. So we have a back n forth of emotes, he fights my phantoms and wins, and after this, I bow and suicide to respect his badassery.

It's moments like this that make me like this game, cause really, the vast majority of us wish to fun.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:12 pm

Alright, I've been out of the forest because of my sickness, and I was right to so as the focus I needed tonight just wasn't there, but my god my final fight of the night.

I invaded a world to see "Dark Spirit Etc has been Vanquished."

I see a host and think, "Really? Just one? JUST ONE? My god, a duellist? A good host, be praised, by the very-"

Then I saw the golden phantom with him poise stacked, he was an end build meaning he had to two hand his DGM, it was Chaos. He also had enough faith to cast WotG, but apparently not enough for DMB or SLB. The host was a dex and int Build, as I could see via the CSS soaring towards my face. I rolled around and strafed getting a bit of an idea before jumping into the fray attacking the summon, then the host. Both flipped away and started to cast what I assumed was TwoP, turned out they were healing...Ug.

So this continues for around, five minutes. I'm constantly dodging around hitting them when I can, every now and then the phantom hits me for about half my health, then I roll away and humanity behind some trees. A few times i parry and riposte them, but their armor and health is just too great since I don't use Hornet's ring.

Finally I get far enough to cast CMW and CHSM, for some reason all night it would just instantly detonate in all directions, I have no idea why. I charge and get a stunlock on the host, but the Phantom BS'ed me. I had twenty HP and roll away, rolling for my life and casting WotG once to get some breathing room. Finally I see it, the flask. Note, they had twenty flasks. I counted, twenty flasks. In total I'll say, they used heal five times, humanity eleven times, and flasked twenty times. Ten minutes into this fight I'm in terrible condition, when suddenly I see "Dark Spirit has Invaded."

I rejoice just as I'm getting BS'ed for almost all of my health. As I'm rising I see the Blue Phantom draw near, as if I'm crawling on the ground towards him when he pulls out his catalyst and targets me. The phantom and host stand back to watch him finish me off, as I'm a Dark Wraith when suddenyly...
    "Phantom Etc has been Vanquished."

I had done around seven hundred damage prior to the BS, to the phantom. He finished the job with his CSS. Then I popped a humanity as the host flasked, and the blue merely watched while throwing talismans. That host tried to BS fish, tried to run, use every nook and cranny, cast CSS to hit the blue, and he just watched. He watched as I finally got my revenge on this host. I finally got him with a BS as he had just run out of flasks. The Blue ran up to me and bowed, I returned the favour. We both jumped for joy just as he vanished.

I need a capture card and recording Equipment.

I'm posting this in the Glory, and MiT thread as well. My heart hasn't pounded this much while playing DkS in a while.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Riviting story Tolvo!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:38 pm

Tolvo wrote:I need a capture card and recording Equipment.
    Me too. So badly... sad Nice story!
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:34 am

Extertionist wrote:Okay new rule.

Just what the *** is dishonorable about killing gankers? i was facing multiple opponents who kept healing and BS phishing which was clearly stated. Also clearly stated i only BSed when they tried to heal.

Ill be nice.

Dont be passive agressive i hate that ****. If you have an issue with something i say call me out on it like a grown up and ill be much more reasonable.

Last edited by sinisterapathy on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:42 am

No need to get upset, offensive, or defensive. We all have different definitions of what is honorable and not. We don't all have to agree on the same definition in order to share our stories of badassery. Let's all stay cool!
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:45 am

lol just sayin silly
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:18 am

I was PvPing with another dude in the forest once and a forest hunter spawned near us and kept pointing off in the distance and running away from us. So we followed him and he directed us towards another forest hunter who was just standing there, I'm assuming trying to wrack up souls off the hard work of other forest hunters. So the first hunter stood there and waited while my host and I dark handed like 70 humanity off the guy. It was pretty great. I don't know that we were badassed in that story, but the forest hunter who guided us over there certainly was.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:31 am

sinisterapathy wrote:
    Extertionist wrote:Okay new rule.

Just what the *** is dishonorable about killing gankers? i was facing multiple opponents who kept healing and BS phishing which was clearly stated. Also clearly stated i only BSed when they tried to heal.

Ill be nice.

Dont be passive agressive i hate that ****. If you have an issue with something i say call me out on it like a grown up and ill be much more reasonable.
    I laid it down as a rule so others didn't feel restricted in their story telling, it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. Another thing, killing gankers is not dishonorable, I never said it was.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 am