Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Pyromancer with Murakumo! Questions included

K4tz
    K4tz

Pyromancer with Murakumo! Questions included Empty Pyromancer with Murakumo! Questions included

Post by K4tz Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:58 am

Hey fellas.
    I am trying to create a build that centres around pyromancy magic and the Murakumo (+5 Lightning) weapon, since I think it looks really cool, and I would love to get some use of it.
    I am new to PVP, and I have a couple of questions that I've been wondering about.

A) I think the Chameleon spell is really awesome and fun. Would you suggest me to get enough attunement to save a slot for it, and fill the rest with pyromancy, or is that a waste of slots that could potentially be devastating pyromancy spells?

B) I am really confused about armor. Some people are successful with 0 poise, some people argument for having at least some poise. Thinking of using rings that will boost my pyromancy damage, I will have little equipment burden possibilities. What do you recommend? Which leads to the next question.

C) Is there some kind of database out there which allows me to plot in my character stats, then recieve a sheet of different equipment sets that will fit my character within restrictions I set (like 0 poise, etc.)?

Thanks! happy
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Pyromancer with Murakumo! Questions included Empty Re: Pyromancer with Murakumo! Questions included

Post by Jovias-86 Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:25 am

You wont receive a sheet... But you can pretty much design your entire build through this site...

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

Also, Eastern armor goes well with Murakumo.
    You Might want to change the leggings happy
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Pyromancer with Murakumo! Questions included Empty Re: Pyromancer with Murakumo! Questions included

Post by Railage Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:35 am

Nearly an exact replica of what I use.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=225848611
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:03 pm

As for using the Murakumo with Pyromancy, always keep a combustion type spell. The Murakumo's strengths are its dead angles and its stunlocking, but the wind-up is some what of a pain, but you can use GC to stagger and then wail away till there dead with the murakumo.

Edit: forgot to mention, if you can I'd say go with quick rolling, so light armor, medium if you have enough endurance.
    K4tz
    K4tz

Post by K4tz Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:17 am

Thanks for your answers, fellas. Really nice input.

Railage wrote:Nearly an exact replica of what I use.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=225848611
    I have a question about your 40 dexterity.. What do you use it for, if your Murakumo is lightning enchanted? Do you have physical based weapons you use for situational usage?
    Other than the high dex, I'm thinking about borrowing your build and trying it out for some PVE/PVP fun. Might switch the favor and protection for a pyro boosting ring.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 am

Dexteroty decreases casting time by a noticable amount. It caps at 45 dex but 40 still has a big decrease.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:51 am