Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Rynn
User
djgq42
RANT
TehInfamousAmos
skarekrow13
mugenis4real
Whknight
Railage
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
14 posters

"Salaman" Easter Egg Doesn't Work

disapearow

"Salaman" Easter Egg Doesn't Work - Page 2 Empty Re: "Salaman" Easter Egg Doesn't Work

Post by disapearow Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Railage wrote:-->Sometimes you can get 2 red chunks or 2 red chunks and a Black Knight Sword right when you create your character if you do the unspeakable glitch.<--

Other than that, I don't think you get anything for naming your character something special.

when i read this it seemed funny to me but when i looked over at your display pic and saw Ron Burgundy i cracked up remeber he would say anything he read on screen lololol i can totaly picture ron burgundy saying that.

The only easter egg is the one where u drop the pendant infront of... ah ah ah u have to beat me in a duel first cya in the kiln within the nxt 5 minute happy

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

"Salaman" Easter Egg Doesn't Work - Page 2 Empty Re: "Salaman" Easter Egg Doesn't Work

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon May 27, 2013 1:24 am

You guys made fun of me... "Salaman" Easter Egg Doesn't Work - Page 2 1495319213
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon May 27, 2013 9:22 am

I sure did. But then I was helpful wave

It's the ol' 1, 2

Edit: It's also really funny I had posted what became the answer and doubted it regarding my great mystery
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Tue May 28, 2013 3:04 am

There is an eighth color of the prism stone drop, and it isn't rare at all. Therefore, it's impossible to know what the "eighth" color is, because it could be any of them. There are two shades of green, one is 'yellow-green' and the other is sort of like a 'bluish-green', and on top of that another yellow. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes, especially in certain environments, but they are distinct from each other.

I did some testing. I didn't keep track of the results, but the 'rarest' one for me was only about half as common as the most common- after dropping 198 or so. And a few others were nearly as uncommon, making none stand out as rare.

Someone else did keep track of their testing, and came to the same conclusion:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&key=0AgRFeJJzP-tldFY5NVJIT0lVRHZTYXE4VE53b3pRTkE#gid=0
    After 98 prism stones, no particular color of these 8 stood out as particularly "rare" as is told of in the Prism Stone description. This could of course be bad luck, but I assume not until proven otherwise as I personally believe 98 stones should be more than enough to distinguish a "rare" color when there's only eight choices.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 28, 2013 9:21 am

Rynoa helped me with testing and confirmed two greens. I went back and did ToG testing and got the same thing she did. I saw that spreadsheet but didn't agree with the labels that guy had and did my own. I updated our wiki after Rynoa nailed it and that should be our conclusion. It seems different TVs might alter the colors enough to make this a puzzle

Edit: The only weird thing in the end was that I thought maybe my TV had some settings off. I compared scenery with different color palettes across screens taken from other people's game (on multiple computers) and compared to the same scenes on my TV and got the same colors each time. Sometimes near identical contrast, saturation etc and for some reason my prisms were just screwy. There's an old thread where Rynoa and I posted separate screens
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue May 28, 2013 2:32 pm

mugenis4real wrote:Name your character Ostrava and see what happens :o
    Nothing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:43 pm