Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Yesuurd
cloudyeki
Gol
RANT
ted1023
9 posters

Learning tactics

ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Learning tactics Empty Learning tactics

Post by ted1023 Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Lately I have been doing what some may consider foolish style fighting; I have especially done this a lot in F.C. mainly against Roan, Baal and Reim. These guys have solid fighting styles, from clubs to Scythe. I haven’t fought too many people who use these weapons so effectively. So I have developed a suicide method so I can learn how to defend and effectively attack.

I have tried to parry lung attacks, great club attacks and everything else that others may consider to be foolish. I feel the best way to learn is when you know your going to die if you screw up. I also do it multiple times to make sure it wasn’t plain luck. What are some of your methods to gain experience and tactics?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Learning tactics Empty Re: Learning tactics

Post by RANT Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:04 pm

i never block which gets me killed a lot and try not to rely onpoise that much, usually i have about 40, sometimes 57.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:08 pm

I never black either except with one of my toon and that's the only one who needs to block and also the only one who's using a shield, otherwise it's parry dagger.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Gol wrote:I never black either except with one of my toon and that's the only one who needs to block and also the only one who's using a shield, otherwise it's parry dagger.

i would use a parrying dagger but all my toons have 8 dex, only one has 10 dex.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Never found the need to block when I can dodge big grin

As for finding new tactics, observation and playing around during fights is how I develop my styles.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Haha yeah, I forgot I have strength builds too and they're using shields, but it's always grass crest and most of the time I 2H weps, and even when I'm just 1handing I never block.

I'm used to demon's souls pvp and since blocking was pretty useless I kept that habit.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:57 pm

I used to always 2 hand and use parry knife but now I am changing my style, also using many different weapons, builds and changing your rolls I have found give you some different insight.

I feel like I am only good when using my washing pole so right now I am not doing it and I mainly host FC because I am practicing till I feel a bit more prepped.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Same as you ted, just try untill I can do it.

With new weapons I go untill my skill with it plateaus, then move on. The weapons I go back to are the weapons were the plateau point was the highest, so I can focus on mastering the weapons I'm naturally good with.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:31 pm

I certainly never blocks. Always evade, i also never do parrys cause i suck in it. But then again i always almost never get parryd. Always 2 handed.
    I do evade a lot.Using Great Scythe mostly and Claws. Once i tried the Claymore and i got parry directly.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:22 pm

I never block, but I do stack poise. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't parry lunging attacks. Unless it's a weapons's special R2 that does a lunging attack--you can parry that. A forward+R2 lunge, you can't parry.

RantFromRant wrote:
    Gol wrote:I never black either except with one of my toon and that's the only one who needs to block and also the only one who's using a shield, otherwise it's parry dagger.

I don't like the parrying dagger for PvP. It's too slow to parry with. My favorite thing to parry with in PvP is actually just my bare fists.

Oh, but if you absolutely want the parrying dagger: you can parry with it even if you don't meet the stats requirements. Just don't accidentally try to do a L1 attack, because that'll probably get you killed quickly!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:25 pm

BLA1NE wrote:I never block, but I do stack poise. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't parry lunging attacks. Unless it's a weapons's special R2 that does a lunging attack--you can parry that. A forward+R2 lunge, you can't parry.

RantFromRant wrote:

I don't like the parrying dagger for PvP. It's too slow to parry with. My favorite thing to parry with in PvP is actually just my bare fists.

Oh, but if you absolutely want the parrying dagger: you can parry with it even if you don't meet the stats requirements. Just don't accidentally try to do a L1 attack, because that'll probably get you killed quickly!

yeah, i always end up goimg with the dark hand, somtimes the heater shield.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:52 pm

I tried fat rolling for a change at last saturdays FC, was very intresting how it changes the way you need to fight, i even used a shield. :shock:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 am