For the Glory of Alvina

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by skarekrow13 on Wed May 30, 2012 4:59 pm

He probably tried to homeward bone to get away from the knight and well......we know how that ended.

Eki, might have to duel again soon just in case the game decides it needs more shenanigans on Farmer Tarkus. As if campers and gankers weren't bad enough, now the digital gods are out to get me.

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Thu May 31, 2012 10:10 am

Double post! Where is everyone? Hopefully preparing for the mass invasion!

Some stories to get us jacked!
    After finishing my Top Secret project for Eki that's now unveiled in the Hunting Season thread I decided to hunt for a short while. I got locked into one lobby for about half an hour with hilarious results.

First invasion I come out in Alvina's room. Peek out and there's a host with a white dragon phantom. Of course. I lemon buff and let them see me. The phantom starts edging by and I retreat to the bridge. They split by the door and won't enter. The host casts TWoP and the phantom enters the room. Me too. He has a shield but I reckon his poise can't cash any checks on blocking me. As a side note I optimized my main build to switch from Havel's ring to Ring of Favor and Protection for extra stamina. This guy learned why first hand. First hit blocked all but the lemon, second/third/fourth hits were not stopped. I still had stamina to move back and show the host what I did big grin By this time TWoP is gone so he hangs back, casts again and moves slowly toward me. I swap bloodshield for Canvas Talisman and run at him. He panicked hardcore and tries to run but can't escape several WoG blasts. Once TWoP is gone I cut him down with the scythe easily.

So I invade again. Same guy. He and another white are trying their best to kill a blue. I run in and engage the host who tries to take off but figures out he can't outrun me. I slice and dice him up quickly and just in time to see that the phantom figured out what was going on. I handspring out of the way to avoid him as the host's body fades. I bow right at the phantom and see the blue behind the phantom catching up.

I invade a different guy and see he's fighting an invisible in the clearing. I don't interfere and got some free host souls. Best wishes to you buddy if you were hosting clean.

I figure one more invasion and I'll go to bed. Hello guy I killed twice tonight. Best fight of the night too. I come in at the trees and see a gold Giant's armor guy fighting an invisible and the host is kinda in the mix but looking pretty ineffective. I circle behind the Giant's Armor phantom and help ease his suffering with a couple of soul spears. The invisible must have died or left because I never saw from him again. I casually walk toward the host making sure he can see me. He's at the stairs frantically looking for a summon sign. I lemon buff. He finds a sign and I try to kill him before the phantom spawns but try to use fair tactics since it's still a 1v1 at this point technically. The guy almost flips himself off a ledge in his panic but does manage to avoid most of my hits (still almost killed him for the record though). The phantom spawned much quicker than ordinary so I was caught between both. I manage to backpedal and get a shot or two on the phantom which he seemed to take to heart (the scythe does hit hard and I still had lemon to tell you how fast this all happened). The host chugs away and I decide I need to retreat a little more. From the earlier fights a tree was fairly close and starts to come toward the phantom. One tree. A single, lone, regular tree. Both the phantom and the host back off. I almost die laughing. They had me on the ropes in all likelihood. I show off a rare forest tactic. Great Heal right in front of them. I still have my plethora of WoG for showing disapproval and sprint at them. Neither seems to figure out which one I'm going for (I did run between them but come on, protect the host idiot). The phantom barely escapes the resulting fireworks display but the host doesn't. Rather than bow or taunt I cast Great Heal again. The phantom didn't even bother to come at me.

Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly on Thu May 31, 2012 1:03 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Double post! Where is everyone? Hopefully preparing for the mass invasion!

Some stories to get us jacked!
    After finishing my Top Secret project for Eki that's now unveiled in the Hunting Season thread I decided to hunt for a short while. I got locked into one lobby for about half an hour with hilarious results.

First invasion I come out in Alvina's room. Peek out and there's a host with a white dragon phantom. Of course. I lemon buff and let them see me. The phantom starts edging by and I retreat to the bridge. They split by the door and won't enter. The host casts TWoP and the phantom enters the room. Me too. He has a shield but I reckon his poise can't cash any checks on blocking me. As a side note I optimized my main build to switch from Havel's ring to Ring of Favor and Protection for extra stamina. This guy learned why first hand. First hit blocked all but the lemon, second/third/fourth hits were not stopped. I still had stamina to move back and show the host what I did big grin By this time TWoP is gone so he hangs back, casts again and moves slowly toward me. I swap bloodshield for Canvas Talisman and run at him. He panicked hardcore and tries to run but can't escape several WoG blasts. Once TWoP is gone I cut him down with the scythe easily.

So I invade again. Same guy. He and another white are trying their best to kill a blue. I run in and engage the host who tries to take off but figures out he can't outrun me. I slice and dice him up quickly and just in time to see that the phantom figured out what was going on. I handspring out of the way to avoid him as the host's body fades. I bow right at the phantom and see the blue behind the phantom catching up.

I invade a different guy and see he's fighting an invisible in the clearing. I don't interfere and got some free host souls. Best wishes to you buddy if you were hosting clean.

I figure one more invasion and I'll go to bed. Hello guy I killed twice tonight. Best fight of the night too. I come in at the trees and see a gold Giant's armor guy fighting an invisible and the host is kinda in the mix but looking pretty ineffective. I circle behind the Giant's Armor phantom and help ease his suffering with a couple of soul spears. The invisible must have died or left because I never saw from him again. I casually walk toward the host making sure he can see me. He's at the stairs frantically looking for a summon sign. I lemon buff. He finds a sign and I try to kill him before the phantom spawns but try to use fair tactics since it's still a 1v1 at this point technically. The guy almost flips himself off a ledge in his panic but does manage to avoid most of my hits (still almost killed him for the record though). The phantom spawned much quicker than ordinary so I was caught between both. I manage to backpedal and get a shot or two on the phantom which he seemed to take to heart (the scythe does hit hard and I still had lemon to tell you how fast this all happened). The host chugs away and I decide I need to retreat a little more. From the earlier fights a tree was fairly close and starts to come toward the phantom. One tree. A single, lone, regular tree. Both the phantom and the host back off. I almost die laughing. They had me on the ropes in all likelihood. I show off a rare forest tactic. Great Heal right in front of them. I still have my plethora of WoG for showing disapproval and sprint at them. Neither seems to figure out which one I'm going for (I did run between them but come on, protect the host idiot). The phantom barely escapes the resulting fireworks display but the host doesn't. Rather than bow or taunt I cast Great Heal again. The phantom didn't even bother to come at me.

Skare - yeah I believe people are "powering up" as they say - prepping for the invasion (about 3 weeks til jump off). I have basically be doing PR work contacting FHs, GLs, DMs, DWs that I know to make sure everyone is aware of the mass invasion so I haven't done much invading the last couple of days. I think we will have better participation during this one than we did last invasion.

It seems you had a grand old time last night. Good job on the campers. It still amazes me some campers are not confident enough to fight alone - they don't seem to understand banging does not give you any fighting experience what so ever. Your handy work with GS reminds me - I must upload a vid of me getting my butt handing to me by a LH user. It is one of the most sudden deaths I have ever experienced - I had to laugh at myself in order not to be horrified of what that weapon (including the GS) can do to you if your opponent has mastered it.

Good times people, good times.

Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

DeS - PSN ID: BROKEWILLY (N.A. server)
    Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Thu May 31, 2012 1:07 pm

Broke.....get over to the general threads and take a look at the new Prepare to Die edition trailer if you haven't yet. They added a lot of new stuff teasers and there's a lot that's foresteriffic. Including my hopeful new weapon to murder campers with (I wish I wish I wish). Since I like the awkward weapons it seems I've been thinking of updgrading the lucerne and seeing what I can do with that as well.

Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly on Thu May 31, 2012 2:14 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Broke.....get over to the general threads and take a look at the new Prepare to Die edition trailer if you haven't yet. They added a lot of new stuff teasers and there's a lot that's foresteriffic. Including my hopeful new weapon to murder campers with (I wish I wish I wish). Since I like the awkward weapons it seems I've been thinking of updgrading the lucerne and seeing what I can do with that as well.

Yeah - I checkout the trailer and it looks very interesting. It seems the forest plays a larger part in DkS than previously thought. Hopefully they will release a DLC for the XBOX/PS3 along with the PC edition. Now that will ensure the longevity of this game. The lucerne is fairly decent weapon - I use the divine version when I have to go down into The Catacombs. Also, since I am very familiar with Scythe - the lucerne's moveset is exactly the same so no learning curve cheers .

Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

DeS - PSN ID: BROKEWILLY (N.A. server)
    Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Thu May 31, 2012 2:48 pm

Sorry Broke.....meant to add that the new thread on it has the confirmation of DLC for us! We're getting MORE FOREST! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also there's some tree monster with ragged clothes (like a scarecrow) holding a water can. I so badly want a fully upgraded water can to smash campers with.

dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Thu May 31, 2012 6:38 pm

Question. how to deal with divine blessing spammers. it doesnt have nearly the BS opportunity that a chug does... any advice?

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Thu May 31, 2012 6:54 pm

You have to chain bs them at the first chance you have. That or stunlock them to death. GCF, CSS, WoG, use these to stagger and then make sure you kill them.

Props to BindMind for the sig!
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Thu May 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Oh damn... I dont pack spells other than my sword buff. I guess the time has finally come for me to learn to BS competently.

Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik on Thu May 31, 2012 7:19 pm

If they run at you, lock on and sprint slightly to their side. You'll run through their attack, bs them, and then it's just a matter of timing your chain right.

Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Thu May 31, 2012 7:25 pm

Haha he was pure high poise ninja flip parry spam. when he got low on hp flip flip flip blessing.
    I shall try that next time I have the opportunity quarik happy

Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik on Thu May 31, 2012 7:31 pm

It's the most basic and easiest of techniques, but also incredibly easy to punish. Naturally, it's highly effective against gankers and dupers.

Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Thu May 31, 2012 7:35 pm

Next time im just gona inv switch to a grass crest and STUUNLOCK
    either me or my connection doesnt like backstabs because I will very rarely see any whereas my opponents can quite easily get one from 10ft away ...

Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik on Thu May 31, 2012 7:45 pm

Grass Crest is great. As to the lag, remember that you're 10 ft ahead of where they think you are and 10 ft behind where you think you are, and that the same applies to them.

Regular

Post by EmoElmos on Thu May 31, 2012 11:28 pm

So what is the highest amount of souls you guys have ever gotten from a group? I think mine came from a group of two, both dropped about 500,000 so a million total
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:15 am

Two guys for a combined 1.5 million. Sadly another hummer killed them before I could join the fray

dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:41 am

I got half a mil from one guy and 300k from the other. I didnt act in that fight to do much more than distract though sadly.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:30 am

300k souls can make a person from being level 1 to much, much higher. Who needs to work, when someone can earn a kill off of a blue hunter, eh?

Pyromancy would probably be the best, or starting as a warrior and two-handing the Gravelord Sword... if possible.

footsied

Post by footsied on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:43 pm

If my memory serves me right close to 3M. Over 2M for a red invader and 300K a piece for host and his phantom.

footsied

Post by footsied on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Has anyone been able to use the ledge with the 3 cats in an invasion? After several hundred attempts I have managed to get up there twice by wall running and then change direction and jump at the last moment (near spot with corpse). It seems pot luck is involved but if someone has mastered it I will persevere (I want to see there reaction when I fog ring and hit them with the dragon bow from an 'impossible' position). At least one person has done it as I rated there sign up there.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:59 pm

I've never really tried that but I will now. That's a great idea. I love when the cats are alive. I just hang out in plain sight there and see what kind of courage the campers have. One time I used the trident dance on a cat who then rolled into a phantom pretty hard.

TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:32 pm

theoretical new forest build I may use http://tinyurl.com/7yp883q

For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:40 pm

That could be highly effective.

dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:59 am

"amos used major smackdown on camper. its super effective! camper disconnected. amos gained 2000 epic points"
    how come your going with a rapier over an estoc. prefer the moveset?
    (literally a tiny difference but starting with pyro instead gets you one more point of defence and attack silly)
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:33 am

Rapier because I riposte a lot therefore it will be better for me due to higher critical damage. especially considering I am not using hornet.

For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm