Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 4 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Yeah but trying to regain balance and keep your heart from exploding isn't as easy as washing your hands
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 pm

I have OCD, it's the same damn thing to me!
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:38 am

Tolvo, I swear that has to be the best victory story I've ever heard! I bet it was hard to zip up with one hand afterwards though... nm I don't really want to know.

The forest was packed today. Sinners everywhere tsk tsk. I just had a guy standing right next to me when I spawned in on the stairs with a phantom waiting at the bottom. As soon as I could move I flipped off the stairs. No surprise when I heard him WotG spamming as I made my escape. Took a queue from this thread and ran straight to the ent ambush spot with the gankers in tow. As soon as the ents popped out the phantom split off to fight them while the host stayed focused on me. I thought they did it the wrong way round for a pair of gankers but I wasn't complaining. I put a few trees between me and him and popped on SLB. That's when I noticed he had a great shield. He can't parry hurray! Ended his miserable life right there in 3 hits.

Also had about half a dozen fair duels in the forest. Odd but very welcome. T'was a good day in Alvina's woods. She is such a gracious host.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:14 am

Yeah jam packed today. Very nice. I got alot of practice with the MLGS, the newest addition to my armory. Mixing an offhand GC and then 1h r2 as they roll back to catch them by surprise. Doesnt always work but it does throw them off a bit. Then when just fighting got a lil slow I put on the ring of fog and DSB and just threw them around at random.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:44 am

I actually wasn't having much luck with forest invading today. Invaded once every 10 minutes, and when I did I got insta ganked before I could buff.

Do you guys think that chipping is a viable anti-ganker strategy? They always heal when I hit lightly, so I go for the massive world destroying bs'es and stunlocks, but I'm developing a fondness for offhanding the pike (turns out it has the longest range of any melee weapon, even the great scythe has less), and poking people.

Oh, and I've learned that the MLGS has RIDICULOUS range. I've poked people with my pike and they've hit me back without much movement on either side.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:48 am

I've noticed the range on the MLGS, it adds to the deadangles and I love it!

As for chipping away, it has it's place in hunting. If you see the host heals after just a few small hits then poke til he has to heal then hound him. He'll wanna flask bad and that'll be your cue to let mr.spinal cord to meet dr. oversized knife.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:19 am

I do alot of chipping against gankers. Not necessarily as an endgame tactic but to set the playing field and give them a false initial read of my tactics. I like to pull them apart with a nice stroll through the woods then do some light damage to convince them to heal. The second they pull a flask I Lloyd's them instead of going for the bs. Then it's game on!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:51 am

I've changed things up a bit. At the expense of some poise, I now carry the estoc with the greataxe in my r2 slot. Soften them up by convincing them I can't stagger or deal good damage, then switch out and stack 2.5k on them. Also it's the ultimate counter for TWoP.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:08 pm

After a fine trade with me dressed as the Easter Bunny (see the peddler thread for shenanigan details) Eki and I dueled again in the Painted World. Another pretty even match with Eki coming out on top. I tried to use the Priscilla's dagger but he wasn't fooled in the least and I barely chipped him with it. The song is just for you Eki.....

I don't advise walking on lava.....
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:29 pm

God I love that song. The sword is fully upgraded now and it's devastating EVERYONE I come across. Though I found it's a pretty stupid idea to have both GSoA and MLGS on the same hand.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:51 pm

That's awexome....you need some vids of the mlgs ripping campers apart
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:42 am

Well forest denizens I have few more vids for everyone's viewing pleasure. I haven't had a chance to invade much due to school but I am posting what I have. These vids are mixture of everything so I hope everyone enjoys them. Well lets get right to it then.

Action....

This first fight was pretty good. I was able to keep the white phantom occupied and eliminate him while the other hunter did the same with his opponent. It was a good solid win.

https://youtu.be/KBw0OrbqIU4

In this vid (apologies - part of this vid got chopped) I am horsing around with a friend of mine who always hosts in the forest. He has taught me alot about the physics of the game. I have seen him kill several reds and blues back to back - he is a top notch fighter and stand-up guy. He never ever summons - he strictly fights alone - win, lose or draw.

https://youtu.be/jfdPO3_DeEI

I die during this invasion but not before eliminating the host - it was a good death!!

https://youtu.be/iiQ_w0jGgvg

I did what I could in this invasion sometimes you have to chalk things up to a learning experience. Fight hard and die harder I guess.

https://youtu.be/zK3-2Hzxfmc

This was an interesting invasion. A red and I temporarily team-up to elimate the two gankers. The red did his job well almost too well since those WoGs killed everybody (with a little help from the damage I did to the host) - then I realize "Oh look he's coming after me now :shock: ??!!" I know y'all can see I tried to always keep the red in view - I did not trust the red from the beginning and it appears I was right.

https://youtu.be/brn_DTv58w4

This is a two parter - the first invasion is me getting my butt beat down. We all have experienced - the brutality of it all. All you can do in a situation like this is swing away and die honorably with cold steel in your hands. The gankers appear very pleased with their victory - the usually ganker big man gestures upon your death. The second battle is a 2v2 - I was almost to far away from the other hunter to help him before he was banged to death. Luckily the other hunter was fairly skilled and kept to the 2v2 rule - "Keep your opponent occupied twisted ". It was a good win.

https://youtu.be/XGWUnDv0VkU

This last fight of the night is between me an camper I have invaded many times. I think we have finally come to arrangement of 1v1 only - I wouldn't say honorable due to his exploitation of the game's physics (lag attacks) but its all good. I PM'd the host saying nice lag BSs and he says using them was the only way he could quickly end the fight with me before the other hunter joined in. I wouldn't have banged him though - good 1v1s are too hard to come by in the forest. I PM'd the hunter (I call him "The Spaniard")who invaded while I was dying and he let me know he was able kill the camper. Even though I was defeated - I was glad revenge was quickly served.

https://youtu.be/Rpg-Ze9ccT0

Everyone good hunting - "Fight hard and die hard" - that is all Alvina expects of us.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:43 am

Good stuff as always Broke. Watching the bang job in the second to last vid gave me flashbacks. In the last vid the guy saw you're the type to back off if another hunter came in. He feared defeat and went for the lag tactics.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:47 am

Sorry I haven't been putting up Woman in Tights episodes guys, I have just been in a bit of a slump.

Natalia
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:29 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Good stuff as always Broke. Watching the bang job in the second to last vid gave me flashbacks. In the last vid the guy saw you're the type to back off if another hunter came in. He feared defeat and went for the lag tactics.

Skare - thanks. Yeah bangs are always painful to watch. I have been trying to understand the mentality of a ganker. They truly have a warped sense of logic (the gestures after they kill you are really puzzling) but without them there would be no us so the battle continues.

I have fought a lot of campers using manually induced lag lately and what I have discovered is you must be facing each other in a straight line for the lag attack to work. If you are position any other way they cannot initiate a lag BS or lag stab. That is why you must always be moving (i.e. circling) and if you stop don't do it while you are face to face. Distance DOES NOT MATTER (well maybe if you are across the whole forest you would be immune) if you a facing them - the cut out of the visual will allow them to warp quickly (this is how it will appear to you - remember they are actually charging to your position you just cannot see it) to where you are to finish the lag attack. It is true exploitation of the game's physics. I had one hunter offer to teach me lag BS and lag stabs but I never did go through his class - I want to beat my opponent fairly.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:25 am

Sorry Broke but this how my brain works.....

Rather than making exploitation films of persons with different pigmentation, campers could make Lagsploitation films like "Lagula" and "Son of Lagula." Or "Shaft: of a bkga" or "titanite" the smooth talking cat who don't take jive from anyone.....except a skilled hunter.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:16 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Sorry Broke but this how my brain works.....

Rather than making exploitation films of persons with different pigmentation, campers could make Lagsploitation films like "Lagula" and "Son of Lagula." Or "Shaft: of a bkga" or "titanite" the smooth talking cat who don't take jive from anyone.....except a skilled hunter.

Skare - great idea but most campers are loathed to reveal they can even do lag attacks - its like a big secret (or advantage) them. I wish they would publish vids showing them exploiting the games' physics but I'm pretty sure they won't though.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Skare I just thought I should stop by and mention, I wrote a script and short story for a black sploitation film once. big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:19 pm

I know. Too bad. They all seem so proud of what they do you'd think they'd want it to be archived for historical purposes
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Tolvo.....two words: "museum entry"
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:21 pm

Oh god, are you sure I should post it? I can't remember if I put the N-word in it or not, I'll have to check.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:24 pm

I would say edit it. But quick social commentary here. Mel Brooks used that word excessively in Blazing Saddles and demonstrated how awful and senseless the word is. He tries to make that movie now and he'd never get past the protesters
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:36 pm

I derailed the Glory thread, crap. Get back to forest hunter talk!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:40 pm

Ok ok.....foresty stuff. I didn't play last night since I typed one post for an hour straight but I did reference this thread in the post. I can do better. Friday I jumped off the cliff on some campers and left a dung pie by their bonfire, messages them I put a gift there then proved I was out there. Then I Hung out for ten minutes so they couldn't check what I left.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:47 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Ok ok.....foresty stuff. I didn't play last night since I typed one post for an hour straight but I did reference this thread in the post. I can do better. Friday I jumped off the cliff on some campers and left a dung pie by their bonfire, messages them I put a gift there then proved I was out there. Then I Hung out for ten minutes so they couldn't check what I left.

Skare - that's rich lol! I never thought of leaving them a gift by the bonfire then PM'ing them to screw with their heads. I love it ❤ - will have to remember that next time I don't feel like dealing with the gank.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:20 pm