Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 21 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Motopsycho wrote:Hello fellow hunters. I've been playing dark souls seriously for a few months now, and only been a hunter for the last week or so. Let me just say... DAMN! Being a hunter sure is intense, 90% of the time is 2v1.
    But i Gotta say that i'm loving it, it forced me to be a better player, and with my new dex build in there I would say I'm now winning 80% of the time, even when it's multiple people vs me.

By far the best covenant for me.. it's just so chaotic, i love it haha.

Anyways, I didn't find an intro thread, but i can see I'll end up posting here way more than any other thread.

Looking forward to sharing some stories with you guys. Happy hunting.

Welcome to the struggle comrade. And I would agree - this is one of the most difficult covs in the game. It appears you have already experienced the pleasures of the gank. Never be afraid of the gank, embrace it and learn from it - that is the only way you will be successful in this covenant. Many players abandon the covenant because they can't deal with the gank - once you learn to accept it - it will sustain you twisted .You will learn alot from reading prior posts, watching the vids and especially hearing tactics & tips from this group of top-notch fighters.

Again, welcome Proper Bow - Fight hard and die harder!!Good hunting!!
    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Motopsycho Wed May 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Quarik wrote:Welcome to the Garden.
    Thank you 8)

skarekrow13 wrote:Let me be the first to +1 you based strictly on the fact that you have a Megadeth song for your name. Welcome
    Haha thnx. I can never grow tired of Megadeth.

cloudyeki wrote:It's good to have a new kinsmen. Broke is pretty much in charge of the forest, with his Murakumo and magic. Good hunting, I hope to fight by your side soon.
    Thnx man, if you are on XBL and around 120 youll eventually find me, I rock the chaos blade right now.

---------------
    And yeah, way too many Rage quitters today, they get really scared if you parry a BK axe.
    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Motopsycho Wed May 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Brokewilly wrote: Welcome to the struggle comrade. And I would agree - this is one of the most difficult covs in the game. It appears you have already experienced the pleasures of the gank. Never be afraid of the gank, embrace it and learn from it - that is the only way you will be successful in this covenant. Many players abandon the covenant because they can't deal with the gank - once you learn to accept it - it will sustain you twisted .You will learn alot from reading prior posts, watching the vids and especially hearing tactics & tips from this group of top-notch fighters.

Again, welcome Proper Bow - Fight hard and die harder!!Good hunting!!
    Thnx man, I really do enjoy this covenant, doubt i leave it, partly because Im tired of beating the game over and over to get to the klin, which is just as bad tbh. Plus i seem to find matches faster here. Again, thnx!! Proper Bow
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Rage quits, like a sweet sweet nectar.

Motopsycho, they're my favorite all time band.
    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Motopsycho Wed May 16, 2012 8:51 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Rage quits, like a sweet sweet nectar.

Motopsycho, they're my favorite all time band.
    Haha probably mine too. But yeah RQs.. kinda suck because im hoping to get chunks for my wins lol
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 16, 2012 9:45 pm

Ok - people with out further a do here is the vid of me and my arch-nemesis going toe-to-toe. I want to publish this vid while the iron was hot as they say. Well lets get right to it then (with a some written commentary of course).

The first thing I want to mention is I was prepared to BC out if it was gank - I was not going to be killed by this traitor and his minion(s). I have suffered that fate before dealing with this traitor. Once I knew he was by himself I thought "No time like the present to do this!". Second point I want to make is when I buffed with SLB I did it simply because I did not want to face that DSS in area we started in. It was too cramped for my tastes - to fight a DSS you have to be able to move in for close quarters combat and move way out of its range quickly and I could not do that where we were fighting. So I forced (or he complied) the traitor to a more open space.

https://youtu.be/SgOcHBHIicY

Please speak up if it appears my final attack can be considered a shenanigan (i.e. trick) as the traitor mentioned in his post-defeat video.

Good hunting!!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Lol a jumping attack is perfectly valid. if you missed you were dead. He just cant face the fact he lost.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Twas a legitimate attack, he's just a sore loser.

Also, we need our own food seasoned with the dried tears of a thousand ganking swine. (+1 if you get the reference).
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 16, 2012 9:56 pm

xD and in the end he just gave you rubbish
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 10:02 pm

The hunter appeared, finding his prey
    Alone in the forest, it wasn't their day
    With his pike of magic, and his blade of sunlight
    His foe split in twain, at the end of the fight

Ballad of Brokewilly

Hope you like it
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 16, 2012 10:11 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Lol a jumping attack is perfectly valid. if you missed you were dead. He just cant face the fact he lost.

Exacta!!! (Who knows where that term is from - if you are a anima fan you will know happy ). I was hurt bad enough that any attack from him would have killed me. A 2H running jumping attack is my ace in the hole (my most powerful straight-up attack) with the Mura. I have been able to catch many a camper sleeping with that attack especially since I play off most campers majority of the time - they usually don't expect it twisted And you are also right in that if I would have missed I would have been toast (I would have been toast anyway if I hung back or moved in cautiously) but I had one nugget of knowledge - the DSS is powerful but not the fastest spear weapon so I knew he would not be able raise it in time to hit me before I got to him. I also think his arrogance made him either hesitate a little bit too long or caused him not to move at all during that last attack - like I say "Arrogance may just get you killed!"

This is another fight that makes all of the bangs I have experienced worth it.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Brokewilly wrote:

Exacta!!! (Who knows where that term is from - if you are a anima fan you will know happy )

Bleach, that crab arrancar that was under barragon. BOOM!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 16, 2012 10:35 pm

cloudyeki wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote:

Exacta!!! (Who knows where that term is from - if you are a anima fan you will know happy )

Bleach, that crab arrancar that was under barragon. BOOM!

My man Cloud - I knew you would get it. +1 for you happy To be exact it was Findorr Calius (24th Fraccion served under Barragon as you stated cheers ). He was killed by Hisagi (the Soul Reaper with the two spinning blade weapons when he goes Bankai).

Good times all around people.

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed May 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Some one called me? hehe
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 16, 2012 11:11 pm

DxV04 wrote:Some one called me? hehe

DxV04 - hey bro. Yeah, when Cloud mentioned Barragon I immediately thought of you - perfect GL avatar. I know Nito is so proud of you big grin .

I hope you checked out the vid I posted further up with the Arch-Nemesis fight I had last night.I finally invaded him and it turned out ok in the end. Also blasting the vid out to the peeps on XBOX.

Keep spreading the misery bro!!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Broke that's awesome! I don't want to diminish the guy further than necessary because he looks like he's an ok fighter but methinks you were more than a tad nervous or on edge in that fight. You didn't look as seamless as normal. Devils advocate though he probably was just as wracked. Still, a good fair fight with you as the victor with a more than legitimate move. I use running attacks a lot and assume they're the most honest attack possible. I mean who thinks this under those circumstances:
    "Uh...I wonder, whatever could that kind fellow be doing with both hands on his weapon. I must observe further. Now he appears to be sprinting at me. Oh dearie dear...what could this mean? Is this how the cool kids surrender these days? Ouch. Most unexpected, particularly following that bloodthirsty match we were just having."

He tried to claim this was proof he doesn't gank but one honorable match is far from proof and doesn't even make up for the first time you met him. Altiplano loved his "target practice" excuse. Like there's not enough mobs in the game to practice hitting someone in a narrow walkway.

last comment from me....I commented on his video. If you haven't seen it yet go look.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Wasn't he meant to use only a claw?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Oh yeah, I guess that wasn't my last comment. Absolutely amazing audio with the effects popping big time and perfect song choice. Loved that movie and not just for the eye candy
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed May 16, 2012 11:39 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Wasn't he meant to use only a claw?

Oh snap, I smell a feud on it's way!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed May 16, 2012 11:49 pm

Ok just saw your awesome video and I have to say he is a sore looser for not being more aggressive we say back home he who hits first hits twice. So he is a failed hunter so of course he does not have the killer instinct or knows how to be decisive.

I watch him the whole match wait for you to make the move, you earned that victory.

He is a scrub anyhow. And one more thing, I know you like to be clear and you like all the cards on the table but for this you don't need to give any explanation for anything you did...

Praise the Brokewilly. cheers Proper Bow For the Glory of Alvina - Page 21 2667844452

Last edited by DxV04 on Wed May 16, 2012 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed May 16, 2012 11:52 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:Some one called me? hehe

DxV04 - hey bro. Yeah, when Cloud mentioned Barragon I immediately thought of you - perfect GL avatar. I know Nito is so proud of you big grin .

I hope you checked out the vid I posted further up with the Arch-Nemesis fight I had last night.I finally invaded him and it turned out ok in the end. Also blasting the vid out to the peeps on XBOX.

Keep spreading the misery bro!!

I sure did bro! and Kenpachi fits your style perfectly always looking for the hardest battle haha. Man it would be nice if you could get in the game a ragged sword like the one he has but with the power of the Mura.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu May 17, 2012 12:29 am

If dx is Barragon and broke Kenny, then who the hell do you think I am?!
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu May 17, 2012 12:30 am

cloudyeki wrote:If dx is Barragon and broke Kenny, then who the hell do you think I am?!

Orihime?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu May 17, 2012 12:33 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Broke that's awesome! I don't want to diminish the guy further than necessary because he looks like he's an ok fighter but methinks you were more than a tad nervous or on edge in that fight. You didn't look as seamless as normal. Devils advocate though he probably was just as wracked. Still, a good fair fight with you as the victor with a more than legitimate move. I use running attacks a lot and assume they're the most honest attack possible. I mean who thinks this under those circumstances:
    "Uh...I wonder, whatever could that kind fellow be doing with both hands on his weapon. I must observe further. Now he appears to be sprinting at me. Oh dearie dear...what could this mean? Is this how the cool kids surrender these days? Ouch. Most unexpected, particularly following that bloodthirsty match we were just having."

He tried to claim this was proof he doesn't gank but one honorable match is far from proof and doesn't even make up for the first time you met him. Altiplano loved his "target practice" excuse. Like there's not enough mobs in the game to practice hitting someone in a narrow walkway.

last comment from me....I commented on his video. If you haven't seen it yet go look.

Skare - you are killing me bro lol! !!! Yeah I will not lie I was nervous during that match - if I would have lost to that traitor I would have probably raged quite the game for about a week :x .

Yeah - like I said earlier I guess his arrogance made him standstill longer than he should have.And the fact he was two handing that DSS I as able to get within attack range before he could raise it. The DSS is powerful but slow in some respects that is why you have to get inside to fight it.He let me get too close which nullified the DSS effectiveness.

He is true ganker at heart - you could tell how he was running towards me in my Backstabbers vid. I am not saying make it easy for them or be a fool by getting sandwiched but I very rarely runaway from a 2v1 like that.

I will check-out your comments on his Youtube vid to see what craziness you have inscribed on his video biography. lol!

Last edited by Brokewilly on Thu May 17, 2012 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu May 17, 2012 12:39 am

Dear god not her!

I wish I was xbox, so my 280 could murder his ganking *** good! Good show man, you shall be immortalized... In movie form.
    Hunter's spirit
    The Story of Broke Willy
    With Broke Willy played by Jason Statham

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:40 am